Callalente July 4th weekend...

looks like its gonna be perfect weather this weekend!!!!

A few of the BDB will be there. Coming up Friday to ride Sat. and Sunday. Staying at the Mt. Empire.

only thing i really worry about is the tires. it only has an overgrown donut for a spare. lol

maybe my spare 37 off the buggy would fit.....:bounce2:

pretty much i wanna know if my stock jeep can follow my buggy wherever it may go? are there bypasses etc?
i took the jeep up daniel and dutch john at uwharrie with no issues...any comparisons?

You will be fine. Just stay off the waterfall and the harder obstacles. There's plenty of stuff for a stock jeep to do. There's even some play areas with short hill climbs that are a blast. Personally I have more fun on those than the waterfall! There's also several creek crossings that I find quite fun as well. Nothing techinical at all, I just like driving through water! :driver:

It's been almost a year since I've been there and I'm looking forward to it!

Looks like i'll be up there by myself this time.Gonna need a group to fall in with. I am experienced and trail rated.I play well with others just don't put fingers or objects near my mouth.Anybody need a cook? I can do that too.

Looks like i'll be up there by myself this time.Gonna need a group to fall in with. I am experienced and trail rated.I play well with others just don't put fingers or objects near my mouth.Anybody need a cook? I can do that too.

I maybe solo also (well me and my family), there are a couple of our group "planing" on trying to make it. But you never know if it will work out or not.

I will be rolling in around 10am Saturday, Look me up in the parking area, I will be in a Green Expedition towing a Blue TJ with a white cage.

Anyone else is also welcome that wants to try and meet up.

Hey guys our group is supposed to have sites 1,2, and 3, reserved-thats accross from the check-in office. Stop by and say "Hi", last count we have 7 rigs gonna be there i think.

I maybe solo also (well me and my family), there are a couple of our group "planing" on trying to make it. But you never know if it will work out or not.

I will be rolling in around 10am Saturday, Look me up in the parking area, I will be in a Green Expedition towing a Blue TJ with a white cage.

Anyone else is also welcome that wants to try and meet up.
ok,I can do that. I'll be on a cream colored early 90's ford crew cab with utility bed with a bright yellow tj on 31s.

how are you fixed for recovery/rebuilding? I have extra dana35 shafts/spiders and dana 30 shafts.Also control arms.I'll have a large arsenal of cutting,grinding,and welding tools with me. Jimmy

Just the basics as far as parts go, I am running an 8.8, So I quit carrying shafts. Good to know your equipped. I tend to wheel it easy with the family with me. Know that I said that I will have issues for sure :shaking:, Still working on the winch, I have a real nice place to mount one :lol:, I have straps and tow points and such.

Good to know your equipped.
That's what she said!:bounce2:

I had to learn to be self sufficiant since I normally roll on a stock Willys.I carry enough parts and tools to rebuild her if need be.Just can't holler on a cb or run around the campground expecting somebody to possibly be carrying a front dana 25 axle shaft or carb.I wheel smartly and try not to get into any predictaments that will cause major damage.this wrangler has got to get me to penn. to shoot yankees next month so i won't be ripping her apart.

I'll be rollin in Fri eve. Camping in the parking area/campground. Plan on wheelin all day Sat. and maybe a little Sunday. Leaving Sunday afternoon. Never been there. I definitely need to hook up with some folks to show me the way around. I'll have a silver 89 YJ.

ill be up sat am. you cant miss the lowered orange/white 3500 dodge pulling a black j-10 truggy or built zj on 35's so look us up

Who all's coming? Snappy, Paul & Deanna, Michelle, Angela...etc??

Me, Paul & Deanna, Landon, Cody & Jennifer, Justin (Burn Unit) then we've also got 1-2 other rigs coming. I'm sure there are some that I am forgeting.

Let's ride!!! We will have radios on channel 1 if anyone needs someone to ride with. Ready to conquer waterfall again!!!!! See ya there!!!!!

Might be able to make it, still have to fix one of the trucks so I'll have something to drive...

Who all's coming? Snappy, Paul & Deanna, Michelle, Angela...etc??
In. Going up friday afternoon to ride all weekend.

Back