Chainsaws

1139EAB0-E5C9-44A1-A419-4289E4DEF3CB.jpeg
Echo makes a good saw. For the occasional user the 490 will do everything you need it to do.
I have a cs590 and a cs310. The 590 is a screamer for the money. I keep the 310 in the truck all the time.

Thinking of adding a new saw soon. I may have come on a deal I don't want to pass up. Opinions on a Echo cs-490. I know the saw is nothing incredible, but i can pick it up for $225 NIB. It runs $350 at the store.

I just bought a 490 a few months ago. Great little saw for cleaning up around the farm.

Echo is good quality. Not highest power per cube, but reliable. Just not their leaf blowers. They're not so good, lose compression too easily (pb 900? Not sure but it's a stratocharged design that's not so good, not sure if they fixed it in later models)

they got anymore in that area? my one echo is to big for everyday use... I need another 50cc saw. 70 plus cc's is to big for limbing:p
@justjeepin86

So yesterday I picked up this little guy from @termitebuffet (and by the way he is one stand up guy and I would recommend him for any of your chainsaw needs!).

Stihl 461 with a 24” bar. I cant wait to finally be able to take care of some of the big trees I have been waiting for. One picture is for comparison with my trusty 026 with a 16” bar.

Attachments

• C771EA84-3700-4420-A2C1-C6F254130D2C.jpeg
    C771EA84-3700-4420-A2C1-C6F254130D2C.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 212
  • E3C0EF82-5F1B-4C11-BD5B-844EB395ED5F.jpeg
    E3C0EF82-5F1B-4C11-BD5B-844EB395ED5F.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 882C9320-1311-4B63-B130-0AAE66340A32.jpeg
    882C9320-1311-4B63-B130-0AAE66340A32.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 235
I have 2 Worx electric chainsaws, I don't use them enough to justify gas saws. A 14" that does all the small stuff I need and a 10" that hooks to a pole and gets the high up stuff. Same saw with different blades so if one goes bad the other can replace it. Much stronger than I thought and easy to use, no tools needed to remove the blade. Anything these can't do I call a pro for, I've seen too many people get messed and lucky to be alive messing with the big stuff, not my area of expertise.

I like chainsaws and felling trees. It's hard to be unhappy when you cut a big tree down and it drops where you wanted it to. I'm no pro but a good chainsaw is something I won't part with until I'm physically unable to operate one.

I love dropping a tree when needed but I live on way too small of a plot of land for my liking and have spent way too much $$$ to plant full grown trees to flip the bird to my asshole neighbor when he clearcut his property. Someday I wil sell and move further west in this great state I call home.

So yesterday I picked up this little guy from @termitebuffet (and by the way he is one stand up guy and I would recommend him for any of your chainsaw needs!).

Stihl 461 with a 24” bar. I cant wait to finally be able to take care of some of the big trees I have been waiting for. One picture is for comparison with my trusty 026 with a 16” bar.
That should get the job done...

Took down a diseased Maple today in the front yard. It had a 15* lean right at my neighbors front porch and would do much damage to the roof etc. if it fell there after smashing the 3 Holly sisters...
d.jpg

d2.jpg
My Brother and I roped it off to drop it in a open area to the right of the chainsaw pic. Got the rope as tight as we could, but I did not think it was enough so I put a rope on the tree rope hooked it to the S10 to put more tension on it and put it in drive @ idle, downhill until it stopped the truck as my brother yelled WHOA!. The truck line was pulling straight away from the house. Set the brake and went to felling. I cut the wedge and worried it was too deep!! Knocked it out and quickly hit it on the backside, as it started to fall there was a loud pop but the hinge held and the tree fell exactly where we wanted it to.
d3.jpg

I was sure w the lean and the rot that the trunk would shatter when it broke and the best we could do was hit the big Oak and/or the bushes to the left of it. I was surprised it fell where we wanted it to go on the right side of the big Oak
d4.jpg

d1.jpg

Last edited:
I went and bought a chainsaw this evening. Has nothing to do with the hurricane. I just wanted another MS261 and it was a good deal. But I'll sell it for $1000 this weekend if anybody wants to pay that :lol:

Back