Chasing a dream

I have now decided what my least favorite thing about living in the camper is…

I can’t take a dump in peace. With the thin walls and small space, it’s much like popping in a porta-Jon placed in the middle of a war zone. This morning I was doing my business and the dogs were rough housing, the kids were whining and bickering as they made cereal, my wife is telling the kids to quit, the dogs to lay down and telling me to turn the fan on and I just want to surf the forum in peace but no. There is no peace. There are times when the kids are out playing and the dogs are just relaxing, but if everyone is in here and you gotta drop one you can hang up any hopes of a peaceful experience :laughing:

It’s not the end of the world by any means, but it’s certainly something I dislike the most lol.

I can’t take a dump in peace. With the thin walls and small space, it’s much like popping in a porta-Jon placed in the middle of a war zone. This morning I was doing my business and the dogs were rough housing, the kids were whining and bickering as they made cereal, my wife is telling the kids to quit, the dogs to lay down and telling me to turn the fan on and I just want to surf the forum in peace but no. There is no peace. There are times when the kids are out playing and the dogs are just relaxing, but if everyone is in here and you gotta drop one you can hang up any hopes of a peaceful experience :laughing:

It’s not the end of the world by any means, but it’s certainly something I dislike the most lol.
That’s why I like my upstairs private one lol 😂

I would imagine sexy time would be difficult to keep private as well.

My wife had this false sense of security because our first camper had these cheap sliding pocket doors.
Instructions to the son: "I you hear us be quiet about it......cause I'll never get laid again if you don't. "😂

Pretty sure he isn't warped by the experience but he did choose to sleep in a hot or cold hammock most of the time. 😆😆😆

I see these houses with more bathrooms than bedrooms...and I totally get it. Can't get too private sometimes.

My kids could sleep thru the tornado so not really a big deal at night. It’s those random daytime romps while the kids are out playing that’s a gamble on if the kids come barging into the camper or not lol.

Hey kids, if the camper is a rockin’ don’t come a knocking’. Keep yo ass outside. :lol:

I think we’re all missing the obvious minimal risk of getting caught. What are the chances the kids actually catch the exact 27 seconds he’d need privacy. Take him longer to slide his crocs on after the deed than the actual deed itself.

If we ever build a house, wife gets a huge kitchen & I get one of those private room shitters with a door (with a lock), huge cfm fart fan, & heavily insulated walls (sound)...
Our house in Raleigh back in the day had a separate crapper room inside the bathroom. Door, dedicated fan and all.
I even mounted a magazine rack on the forward facing wall

Our house in Raleigh back in the day had a separate crapper room inside the bathroom. Door, dedicated fan and all.

That’s how two of our bathrooms are…damn near like a sensory deprivation room. But one day, I dream of a shower I can stretch out my arms and spin a circle, without touching anything or hanging out of the shower.

I think we’re all missing the obvious minimal risk of getting caught. What are the chances the kids actually catch the exact 27 seconds he’d need privacy. Take him longer to slide his crocs on after the deed than the actual deed itself.

I like that you were generous enough to think I’d last 27 seconds.

I forsee an upcoming YouTube segment, "How to dynamat a trailer bathroom."

My kids could sleep thru the tornado so not really a big deal at night. It’s those random daytime romps while the kids are out playing that’s a gamble on if the kids come barging into the camper or not lol.

Just tell them you need them to stay outside so you can record a video.......

That's how our master bathroom is, and we have 2 full and 2 half baths. No waiting for a crapper!

Duane

Shit with the door open, you'll get some privacy then.

Just tell them you need them to stay outside so you can record a video.......

That's how our master bathroom is, and we have 2 full and 2 half baths. No waiting for a crapper!

Duane

And here we are with a single 3/4 bath (small shower, no tub) for a 3 bed house. This crqp sucks.

Officially out on the road. We happened to go by the Busch’s baked beans plant, that was a cool surprise lol.
9C988A5C-FF51-4514-BD43-81264AA90DDC.jpeg

C8325DE3-2000-45C4-BD61-3B8565BD83DE.jpeg

Driving thru Pigeon Forge on New Years Eve was an absolute nightmare. Holy cow at the traffic. We got permission to boondock at Dave & Busters for the night. We spent the evening playing games and eating there and was back in the camper by 8pm. We ran off the batteries all night no problem, which I learned my fridge apparently runs on batteries also.
F71BAF2B-BD5B-4742-9BC8-65D4EC7D68B1.jpeg

I had just dozed off when the midnight fireworks and such woke me up, then by the time I fell back to sleep the place must have closed cause I heard everyone spilling out of the place having a good old time and many were blown away by the buggy. I heard several people making comments and coming over taking pics, which made me a little worried someone may mess with it. Finally everyone went about their way and I went back to sleep. I forgot that place is basically a bar lol. But it was no big deal. No one messed with any of my stuff.

This morning we were up early and went on to Cracker Barrel to kill some time before checking into our home for the next month.
75B76B9B-9BD3-48EF-A074-AF5BB6C1C28C.jpeg

Our spot is a bit tight but we fit. We are excited to be on to somewhere new, we went out after getting setup and grabbed some late lunch and coffee.
005AD9B3-B6DE-417A-9AD5-FA8DDC0A13BD.jpeg

Officially out on the road. We happened to go by the Busch’s baked beans plant, that was a cool surprise lol.
View attachment 388658
View attachment 388659

Driving thru Pigeon Forge on New Years Eve was an absolute nightmare. Holy cow at the traffic. We got permission to boondock at Dave & Busters for the night. We spent the evening playing games and eating there and was back in the camper by 8pm. We ran off the batteries all night no problem, which I learned my fridge apparently runs on batteries also.
View attachment 388660
I had just dozed off when the midnight fireworks and such woke me up, then by the time I fell back to sleep the place must have closed cause I heard everyone spilling out of the place having a good old time and many were blown away by the buggy. I heard several people making comments and coming over taking pics, which made me a little worried someone may mess with it. Finally everyone went about their way and I went back to sleep. I forgot that place is basically a bar lol. But it was no big deal. No one messed with any of my stuff.

This morning we were up early and went on to Cracker Barrel to kill some time before checking into our home for the next month.
View attachment 388662

Our spot is a bit tight but we fit. We are excited to be on to somewhere new, we went out after getting setup and grabbed some late lunch and coffee.
View attachment 388661

I can't even imagine driving that rig through any kind of traffic. What is it, a 1/4 mile long? I absolutely HATE driving my Tahoe pulling my 29' camper through Orlando, There's no WAY I'd be sane after taking that battleship. Beautiful rig, though.

What are you using?

Apple Air Tags. You can make them make a sound to find them, so I figured if I made one fairly easy to find and others super hard to find I stand a better chance of tracking it for a longer period.

Back