Chasing a dream

I think it's the opposite...without another iphone nearby it has no way of letting him know it was even moved let alone where it is currently. But also agree something is better than nothing.
You are right about the iphone letting him know where it is.
But the anti stalker mode will also alert an iphone user if they approach an air tag and the airtag's owner isn't within range.

This was all the rage over on the of the vintage stang forums about a year ago.

The challenge is the iphone will tell you how to locate the tag if it isnt your tag. So if Phillip leaves his jeep at camp and rides to town. I jump in his jeep. My iphone will tell me how many air tags are on it, what he named them and help me find them. (hot/cold and direction)

You are right about the iphone letting him know where it is.
But the anti stalker mode will also alert an iphone user if they approach an air tag and the airtag's owner isn't within range.

This was all the rage over on the of the vintage stang forums about a year ago.

The challenge is the iphone will tell you how to locate the tag if it isnt your tag. So if Phillip leaves his jeep at camp and rides to town. I jump in his jeep. My iphone will tell me how many air tags are on it, what he named them and help me find them. (hot/cold and direction)

I get that, what I'm saying is the air tag might as well not even be there if the thief doesn't have an iPhone or there isn't one within bluetooth range.
These things work on low power bluetooth they don't have a sim card, they don't have gps, they are not stand alone--if the person stealing it has anything other than icloud connected apple with its bluetooth on phillip won't even know it has moved.

So either way it's a shitty theft tracking device

Watched your most recent video and couldn't agree more with long wait times. I've looked at selling my house & moving into a destination/park model camper, but everywhere I've called is booked out several months and only have 1-2 months open at a time.

As I said, it was never meant to be a full proof plan. It’s simple preventative that gives a little peace of mind. I bought a couple 4 packs and use them for various things.

Definitely better than nothing. When I had my Jeep, I ran a wire up to the dash from the fuel pump hot wire. I put a single pole double throw switch in a random spot on my dash and ran the other output wire to a light on the dash. Basically, if the pump was on the light was off and if the light was on the pump was off. If the light was on, it reminded me that I needed to turn the fuel pump on, but a casual thief would have no idea what it meant. I know it worked at least once because one morning I found my Jeep had moved about 10 feet from where I parked it. Basically, it ran until the residual fuel pressure cut out and then stalled. Thief may have tried to restart it and gave up and head out on foot figuring it was out of gas. All I had to replace was the ignition switch that they busted out.

Definitely better than nothing. When I had my Jeep, I ran a wire up to the dash from the fuel pump hot wire. I put a single pole double throw switch in a random spot on my dash and ran the other output wire to a light on the dash. Basically, if the pump was on the light was off and if the light was on the pump was off. If the light was on, it reminded me that I needed to turn the fuel pump on, but a casual thief would have no idea what it meant. I know it worked at least once because one morning I found my Jeep had moved about 10 feet from where I parked it. Basically, it ran until the residual fuel pressure cut out and then stalled. Thief may have tried to restart it and gave up and head out on foot figuring it was out of gas. All I had to replace was the ignition switch that they busted out.

Best solution I've ever heard of what a guy that put a big push button labelled "START" that went directly to a loud ass horn.
Starter button was a toggle labelled "HORN"

:D

Best solution I've ever heard of what a guy that put a big push button labelled "START" that went directly to a loud ass horn.
Starter button was a toggle labelled "HORN"

:D
for me, it is running a rig on propane, that can be a pain to start, the first time of the day... but that has other challenges too haha.

I don’t even have a rig to wheel at the moment. Does a side by side count? I drove it on a dirt road today. That’s wheeling, right?
My bro

Btw ridgeway …is that new

I’m way behind here. I need to do better about keeping this updated.
We cruised the Foothills Parkway, it was beautiful, and in far better shape than the Blue Ridge Parkway if you ask me. Made a short video about that, which wound up being pretty funny cause I goofed up getting a “cinematic” shot.
D58C705A-2DB1-42D3-A5BF-8459EF1BC26D.png

Made a coffee stop while out getting propane. Great little spot I’m sure I’ll visit again before leaving.
70EF5B4B-C52C-4F3D-B71F-78DDA7137D95.jpeg

155466FE-745B-4D77-9932-83A64A220DF8.jpeg

We also went ice skating last week. That was fun but man was a tired!
C12BB4A2-3C0D-4291-B75A-E4C51CDC554D.jpeg

I bought a drone from @GotWood
Still learning how to use it entirely but picking it up quick.
8A9EC72C-C4FE-42D2-B77B-0018184659CF.jpeg

I got loaded up so I can spend a day trip at Windrock tomorrow with @Scottal
I plan to take the drone but may not bother taking it out of the case.
BEF118F6-F467-412B-958F-A42ADE859A2F.jpeg

The driver side head lights don’t work all of a sudden, but only the low beams. I messed with it for a long time today but it got really cold and started snowing harder and I gave up. I can’t figure it out. High beams work, but no power to low beams.
4911B40B-ED6C-4B70-AB41-42C57877D9EF.jpeg

You planning on investing in a new pair of crocs…or gonna live on the ragged edge every time you do laundry???

Those Crocs are starting to get worn. I swear Crocs don’t last as long as they used to. I think I may take a break from wearing them altogether lol. Every time I’ve rolled my ankle I’ve been wearing Crocs.

Back