Chasing a dream

Any plans to reach out to vendors? I feel like that might be a good avenue to try. With your social media content and family oriented experience, you might be surprised who might be willing to jump on board. I think you're a good enough salesman/story teller to convince them....or you can just rely on Butthole Bobby off Irate4x4 to lend a hand 😁

What is a bit bigger challenge is the long term lesson of 'Sally has been my best friend since first grade. Now in 5th grade her and Emily are super close. I am still ok as a person even though Sally likes Emily more than me today and it doent mean I have to hate Sally forever"...and to be clear that is a process. We all have experienced kid friendships come and go. And through those and the pain associated they grow and learn to be better functional adults
So... you think this dynamic doesn't exist with homeschool kids?

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I know of someone who's a sales / tech person that only does over the phone work.
He takes off to go to Moab for a month or 2 at a time, works at camp (with wifi) and then goes wheeling.

Could be something to try

So... you think this dynamic doesn't exist with homeschool kids?

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
I think kids that grow up on the road dont have long term relationships.
HS kids in one area with play groups certinly get this. Phillip's plan will be much harder. That's my point.

I think kids that grow up on the road dont have long term relationships.
HS kids in one area with play groups certinly get this. Phillip's plan will be much harder. That's my point.

Yeah but traveling for a year or 2 at most doesn’t really qualify as “grew up on the road”

This is not permanent.

Yeah but traveling for a year or 2 at most doesn’t really qualify as “grew up on the road”

This is not permanent.
That's fair. Since children are in school 12 years at home typically its really only 17% of their childhood experience if its 2 years.
I didnt realize you were talking about 2 years that certainly alters the impact.

Eloquently and simply stated, as usual :D

I tried to donate a place to stay...a mere 30 minutes from the beach, but nooooo.

He did text me this morning though, so I felt kinda special 🥰

My last day at my job is September 30th. It’s bitter sweet. It’s been the best job I’ve ever had, and the longest and I’m really good at it. Everyone is happy for me and excited, but sad to see me go. Several of my top clients have asked if I would come work for them when I return. That’s a good feeling.

I know this is crazy and borderline reckless, but as @trailhugger has said, I’m going to LIVE. Chase the dream, make the memories and put it all on the line.

Last edited:
71917FCC-7988-4EDA-9136-76A40A069C19.jpeg

Since the tires are 4 years old and have been sitting I wanted to replace them. I did some research and found glowing reviews for these 14 ply G rated tires for a 15” wheel and ordered 5 of them. $140ea shipped to my door in a couple days.

Transeagle ST Radial 225/75/15 in case anyone is in need. These things are rated for 75mph and over 3500lbs each

This also means I’ll have 5 radials for sale cheap soon if anyone would like a set of trailer tires. Nothing wrong with them and no dry rot that I’ve seen, just wanted to upgrade.

Damn! That's a nice, heavy duty, 15" tire! I thought they were 17.5s at first glance.

Yeah they are beefy! They look like they belong on a 16” wheel on a big dump trailer or something. They get 5 stars and are highly recommended in the camper forums. Many folks running them on toy haulers and everything in between.

Last edited:

Yeah everyone keeps tagging me in that one lol. It’s crazy, but I just don’t like that buggy for some reason. It has all the right parts and checks about every box. And everything being 40 spline is amazing at that price, but I just can’t get down with it for some reason. I guess it boils down to if I’m gonna spend that kinda money I want to love it.

Yeah everyone keeps tagging me in that one lol. It’s crazy, but I just don’t like that buggy for some reason. It has all the right parts and checks about every box. And everything being 40 spline is amazing at that price, but I just can’t get down with it for some reason. I guess it boils down to if I’m gonna spend that kinda money I want to love it.
Maybe I'm wrong but I think you're running out of time to wait for love

Maybe I'm wrong but I think you're running out of time to wait for love

I got till the end of the year. While it would suck, it won’t be the end of the world if it takes a little longer.

Back