C'mon you apes, do you wanna READ forever?!

Atla

Pew Pew! Vroom Vroom!
This was the reaction when I told people I wanted to write a book about an outlaw who discovers a lost world entrance in the wild frontier of the Wyoming Territories.... And that there was dinosaurs in it:

apes1.jpg

This was the reaction when I told people I'd finished the book and people began to read and critique it:

apes2.jpg

This was how I felt when I finished the publication process:

apes3.jpg

And this is how I feel today, with the book finally released on Amazon.

apes4.jpg

So look at this! Here it is in all it's glory! Woop!

Amazon Link:

West Of Prehistoric

It's 1885.

Jedidiah Huckleberry Smith spent his entire life searching for the raider who mutilated him as a child. Finally, giving up on a trail long grown cold, he leaves his outlaw past behind and starts over in a remote town in Wyoming.

One dark night his ranch is attacked by a mysterious and ferocious beast from a world lost to time. Only Jedidiah’s savagery and skills save him.

Now, teaming up with a beautiful but naïve paleontologist, they stand between his adopted town and its destruction by an army of barbaric prehistoric apes and dinosaurs. But Jed’s past has come back to haunt him. The man he searched for is discovered in a position of power, and Jed must choose…

Revenge for his past, or the salvation of strangers.

Either way, bullets will fly, and blood will be spilled.

If you buy it, I'd love you forever if you leave an Amazon or Goodreads review. Even a one sentence that says, "This book doesn't suck" means a lot and helps sell more books in the future. (How many times have you looked at a book with no or few reviews and passed on it because no one else risked reading it first? I know I have.)

And since the sequel is already completed, well - the more this one sells the more likely the publisher will pick it up. If this one doesn't sell... no sequel folks. It's just not worth the investment by the publisher. So I'm holding the sequel hostage. MWhahaha.

Right now the Kindle version is available for either the price of $0 if you have Kindle Unlimited, or $3.99 if you don't. The Paperback is $13.95.... (I didn't pick that price. Sorry. I was really hoping it'd come in at under $10.)

Personally, I'm gonna buy about 20 of them(ugh that's gonna be expensive.). And guess who is getting an autographed copy for Christmas? (My entire extended family!)

And finally, this is how I feel as I try to ignore the awesomeness of this moment and work on the third book in the series:

apes5.jpg

EDIT - 6/28/2022 - The book has been a success. As have the two that have followed, and hopefully the fourth that I'm working on now. Thank you all for making my hobby an enormous success!

Last edited:
Got 2 paperbacks on the way. Congrats!

This was the reaction when I told people I wanted to write a book about an outlaw who discovers a lost world entrance in the wild frontier of the Wyoming Territories.... And that there was dinosaurs in it:

apes1.jpg

This was the reaction when I told people I'd finished the book and people began to read and critique it:

apes2.jpg

This was how I felt when I finished the publication process:

apes3.jpg

And this is how I feel today, with the book finally released on Amazon.

apes4.jpg

So look at this! Here it is in all it's glory! Woop!

Amazon Link:

West Of Prehistoric

It's 1885.

Jedidiah Huckleberry Smith spent his entire life searching for the raider who mutilated him as a child. Finally, giving up on a trail long grown cold, he leaves his outlaw past behind and starts over in a remote town in Wyoming.

One dark night his ranch is attacked by a mysterious and ferocious beast from a world lost to time. Only Jedidiah’s savagery and skills save him.

Now, teaming up with a beautiful but naïve paleontologist, they stand between his adopted town and its destruction by an army of barbaric prehistoric apes and dinosaurs. But Jed’s past has come back to haunt him. The man he searched for is discovered in a position of power, and Jed must choose…

Revenge for his past, or the salvation of strangers.

Either way, bullets will fly, and blood will be spilled.

If you buy it, I'd love you forever if you leave an Amazon or Goodreads review. Even a one sentence that says, "This book doesn't suck" means a lot and helps sell more books in the future. (How many times have you looked at a book with no or few reviews and passed on it because no one else risked reading it first? I know I have.)

And since the sequel is already completed, well - the more this one sells the more likely the publisher will pick it up. If this one doesn't sell... no sequel folks. It's just not worth the investment by the publisher. So I'm holding the sequel hostage. MWhahaha.

Right now the Kindle version is available for either the price of $0 if you have Kindle Unlimited, or $3.99 if you don't. The Paperback is $13.95.... (I didn't pick that price. Sorry. I was really hoping it'd come in at under $10.)

Personally, I'm gonna buy about 20 of them(ugh that's gonna be expensive.). And guess who is getting an autographed copy for Christmas? (My entire extended family!)

And finally, this is how I feel as I try to ignore the awesomeness of this moment and work on the third book in the series:

apes5.jpg

Will order a copy soon. Loved both books, when will you send me a draft of the third?

I just ordered three. I have two friends who are voracious readers and I'm trying to learn how so I got each of us one! Congrats, That's too cool!

Wow, thank you guys so much. Its very humbling, i really hope the book does it for you.

And three copies? Geez, thats almost as many as my mom ordered!

@JSJJ388 - Thanks for reading them both and the feedback. It really helped! I'll let you know as soon as I get the third done!

Loved the first one. Gave you feedback. Life has been busy so I have not had time to leave feedback for the second. I liked it too. The second was almost as good as the first! better finish the third! Keep them going please.

I'll order one! If I do and I pay all shipping can I send it to you for a signed copy? Could be priceless one day!

Tell ya what, paypal me $14 with an address and I'll ship you a signed one. eriktesterman@gmail.com is my paypal.

That goes for anyone else. I'll cover shipping and handling.

full

Got mine today!

Oh man, that's so cool! Mine won't come until tomorrow, I guess you are close to a distribution hub... And I still can't believe you bought THREE of them!!

Loved the first one. Gave you feedback. Life has been busy so I have not had time to leave feedback for the second. I liked it too. The second was almost as good as the first! better finish the third! Keep them going please.

Again, thank you so much for reading them. It was a huge help. And I plan on it! The 3rd is in process right now!

Mine was waiting for me when I got home today! Smells like real dinosaur!

Just keyed a non-4x4er onto this, you should be receiving his paypal for a few copies as well.

Last edited:
@tkeaton Oh man, I just got my batch of them when I got home from work today. They turned out awesome. Feels and looks like quality publishing.

I also got your buddies paypal. They'll ship tomorrow!

BTW - It feels super weird to autograph something. I'm pretty much a nobody-newbie author, but I promise I'll keep churning out quality as long as folks keep buying. :)

@JSJJ388 - I just saw your review pop up on Amazon. Thanks you, seriously, that will really help continue sales long after this initial push is over.

And that goes for everyone else that left reviews. You guys rock. (Thanks for boosting my ego!)

Sent you some money on PayPal. Can't wait to get my copy, and the 3rd book draft...

Hmm....
upload_2020-10-19_11-31-11.png

:confused: :shaking: :lol:

At least people find my review helpful... :popcorn:

Back