Copper Crawler buggy build

I plan to once i get caught up here in my shop, got 3 projects to get finished up here in the next month or so. Getting ready for wheeling season. Looking forward to checking the SHOP and getting in on some trail building days!

Very very nice!

Got the passenger side done and everything cut for the driver side. Got the tire clearance i was looking for and was able to keep the charger look. Almost ready for some prep and paint. Gotta little something in mind for color scheme change.

uploadfromtaptalk1426610404851.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1426610548572.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1426610682197.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1426611342822.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1426611756932.jpg

to this day, this buggy has been my top favorite crawlers, not just as a well engineered buggy, but as a metal-worked art piece. I've been watching this build from the very beginning when I lived in NY, it wasn't till I moved down here when I realized where this build was out of. Very cool man.

It's bedliner, I sprayed it myself, same brand I used on the f450 work truck build. I made a very fine texture for this application. By the end of this season it will have a very satin patina, it's a little sparkly in the sunlight now. Bonus-cleanup is tits. Thanks guys!

New roof skin and front end almost done going back together

uploadfromtaptalk1430033425574.jpg

Big props to @rockmafia. This us the 3rd roof skin have have cut since the beginning. I know how difficult It can be to get tube square and matching left to right. Jim does a bang up job getting those things accomplished. It's nice to cut a square piece of sheeting to place on this roof!

uploadfromtaptalk1430033592868.jpg

looks great. very nice work

Thanks for the compliments.

Primary rates are 64 front, 60 rear.
Springs are 100/175, and 100/150, 16" uppers and 18"lowers.
Currently have 2"of preload on the springs front and rear.
I have revalved the shocks from the 50/70 standard to 110/30; 2-2-1 .015 stack with a small flutter after the first shim. Currently have 200 psi in the shocks but will likely move closer to 250. Starting with 100 psi in the bumps. Currently have same belly at ride as previous with the ori's @ 22.5. But also have 8.5 inches of shaft versus the 5-6 I had before.

I'm working on these valve and pressure numbers with some input from Wayne Israel (zukizzy on pirate) and a thread I started in desert racing there. Gonna try to have a tuning session with him in may while he's in west va.

Back