D-6

A look into the future of top tier rock racing and luxury trail riding. After we're done, I'll be able to send your favorite builder a complete suspension package they can finish with their own style chassis.

FB_IMG_1619614260783.jpg

FB_IMG_1619610561631.jpg

FB_IMG_1619610564343.jpg

IMG_20210426_184006855_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210426_183906082.jpg

Last edited:
I admire your confidence and ambition. 👍

Thanks 👍

Why your product instead of ProAm, Jimmy's, or other race proven product out there ?

The people in my network would rather spark and expand the industry. Besides, this front end has a bigger stronger ring gear, higher ground clearance, 35 degrees of steering angle, and almost 26 inches of wheel travel. I'm under the impression it's gonna take technical rock trail performance to another place in the IFS game.

So where is the rest of the buggy to confirm this?

Yeah that thing is pretty neat Rob. I saw that the other day. I bet I could get into the upper 30's with something like that.

Last edited:
One night I was looking at some 47 spline series 30 CV's, and I widened the front end to Rockwell width. I think the front wheel travel jumped up there like 32 or 33 inches.

This is the new Tubeworks billet aluminum high pinion with 10 inch ring gear. I saw Randy got one the other day. I imported the CAD file for it into my database, and cycled the suspension. The numbers look like 30 inches of wheel travel with 1.5 inches of driveshaft plunge, and the high angle is 33.50 degree yoke angle at the transfer case.

182362687_4123588880995237_7007992915731536838_n.jpg

axle housing 2.jpg

axle housing 3.jpg

axle housing 4.jpg

axle housing 5.jpg

I am still wishing I kept up with the drawing part. Autocad was life at 16 to 18.

Looks good, how do you get the motor, trans and tcase in and out?

After the tube work gets a finish tag on it, I'll figure out how to place some tube disconnects. I keep it on my mind when I'm deep in the geometry. Assuming the passenger door area looks somewhat similar to what is does now, it will all come out with an engine hoist through the passenger door area.

In the beginning, I was after the long shot of pulling the entire engine, transmission, and transfer case out at once through passenger side. Didn't work out. Drive train will have to exit separately.

Unclick "Toob Frame" and grab em with the cursor! :D

D-6 60.jpg

D-6 61.jpg

D-6 62.jpg

D-6 63.jpg

D-6 64.jpg

Probably about half as witty as I think I am, and at least twice as witty as my wife thinks I am. :laughing:

I enjoy the cut throat comments, and most all of them for that matter. It's fun. The comments that don't make the build move forward are the ones that touch a nerve.

Is there a tube missing from top B pillar to the belt line? Top B pillar to the top of the tube work by the spare? That whole section of the harness bar and belt line seems independent of the halo

Back