D-6

Is there a tube missing from top B pillar to the belt line? Top B pillar to the top of the tube work by the spare? That whole section of the harness bar and belt line seems independent of the halo

Yeah, I've been trying to get rid of the B-pillar for a decade. I haven't figured out how to do it yet 🤣

Still trying to decide if you know how witty your are.

I enjoy the cut throat comments, and most all of them for that matter. It's fun. The comments that don't make the build move forward are the ones that touch a nerve

To be fair to my short of stature friend @jeepinmatt
he rarely moves anything forward, except his dinner chair, and according to his wife hasnt touched nay nerves in years. Though he does keep trying

:flipoff2:

First skeleton version of the upper control arm hits the steering rack, and a bypass tube. I'll have to re-work the skeleton, but the sway bar works.

This is the heim joint, and misalignments for the vertical sway bar link

Swaybar 4.jpg

Swaybar 5.jpg

Swaybar 6.jpg

Swaybar 7.jpg

Swaybar 8.jpg

Swaybar 9.jpg

Swaybar 10.jpg

Last edited:
Updated upper control arm skeleton. I'll enclose it with a top & bottom, and handle all the nic-nac stuff that goes along with it like the inter-connecting welds.

upper control arm 1.jpg

Steering linkage gets into the upper control arm at full droop, and steering lock. The sway bar works, but I'll have to change the design of the upper control arm. Looks like I made a tube too close the rear drive shaft, and need to mill some aluminum off the knuckle.

Flex 8.jpg

Flex 9.jpg

Flex 1.jpg

Flex 2.jpg

Flex 3.jpg

Flex 4.jpg

Flex 5.jpg

Flex 6.jpg

Flex 7.jpg

looking at these pics I have to say that Flex sucks.. i hope it can do more than you show

looking at these pics I have to say that Flex sucks.. i hope it can do more than you show

Yeah, I guess it could be classified as a mild flex. It took me about 5 hours to flex it like that, and get some screen shots of it. Who knows, it might take me another 5 hours to max out the articulation, and thats if I'm "in the zone." I'm under the impression I'll have to limit the flex by moving the bump stops outwards left and right. I'm not going to move the spare tire from where it is. If the tires end up flexing up into rubbing the spare tire or the shocks, I'll probably limit the articulation there.

Last edited:
This new trail kit chassis flexes 58 inches. If I can make the D-6 flex something like that, it will be good. I'll run the numbers to see how many inches those screenshots flex, brb.

198244495_4236977302989727_2272734554359115920_n.jpg

You seem really good at cad. Would you be interested in designing my driveway in Cad, lots of curves in it too.

Thanks. I stopped doing after hours projects years ago. I only get into full-time work, although I do use some of my spare time to draw on a D-6. Fabrik8 might could help you out.

Closer with the portal housing. Needs a few more bolts, and a way to bolt on a brake caliper adapter. May have to incorporate a lubricant fill & empty, and some rubber seals. Also have to figure out exactly how I should remove the lower bearing when it needs to be serviced. Also have to figure out exactly how to connect the upper axle to the housing, so it doesn't slide in and out.

portal 18.jpg

portal 19.jpg

portal 20.jpg

portal 21.jpg

portal 22.jpg

portal 23.jpg

Last edited:
Back