Diesel prices, $4/gal yet anywhere in NC? Now $5

Discussion in 'Tow Rigs and Trailers' started by drkelly, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Caver Dave

Caver Dave Just holdin' it down here in BFV Moderator

$4.10 in Rural Hall... luckily the pig stopped at 25gals! :shaking: Hopefully will be the last dino I buy...

2. YellowjeepCj

YellowjeepCj Well-Known Member

Just made 70 gallons of Biodiesel a while ago. saw the price in Charlotte on the way home for petro Diesel at $4.06. Hope the bio turns out will need a tank by Saturday.

3. Addicted56

Addicted56 New Member

I've been doing it about 4 years. Apperently a lot of people have the same idea. Went to my usual places and they were all empty. I've gone thru this a few times. Every fuel spike people think they will give it a whirl and then they realize how messy and the pain it is and give up. I'm hoping that is the case again. I have not paid 100 dollars in fuel since January and I've paid almost 200 in the last couple of weeks.

I run my 7.3L PSD with 50K miles on it. You will be fine. Actually it will ruin your engine it is just a matter of when. :) hedge your bets and your cost. How long do you think you can get before it pays off.

4. YellowjeepCj

YellowjeepCj Well-Known Member

I am running it in a 2003 6.0 w/215K miles. Runs alot better than petro. I went to Louisville KY two weeks ago on Bio and got 19.4 mpg came back on petro diesel at 17.2 mpg. Fuel quality is critical my bio diesel is cleaner that the petro I buy most places. We test for good reactions in a centrifuge and look for FFA's in to be in the 1 to 2% range. Last batch had to be re-reacted. We use a 150 gallon stainless steel processor automated using PLC controllers.

5. jusjeepin94xj

jusjeepin94xj Active Member

$4.08 Concord NC so dont let it get below half a tank it sucks !!!!!! jus filled up

6. rokntoy

rokntoy Hillary sucks!

4.05 IN MT AIRY

7. BlueRidgeRunner

BlueRidgeRunner Well-Known Member

4.09 in Cary Friday. 3.87 at Walmart in Roxboro.

8. 302ranger

302ranger New Member

raleigh/summerfield (10 min. from Greensboro)
    4.19 in Raleigh off Six Forks rd near interstate 540

9. JeepURE

JeepURE New Member

it hit $4.02/gal for diesel at High Rock Lake in Lexington this weekend. :shaking:

10. getstucksome

getstucksome Well-Known Member

got it for $3.99 today in Raleigh off Hillsborough St.

11. ncjeeper76

ncjeeper76 Active Member

$4.05 in Climax today !!!! Its really burns me up to see somebody buying gas for their over priced sports car. That ''needs'' premium for 50 cents per gallon cheaper than what im paying to fill up my truck. :poop:So that I can go to do work with it.:mad: Maybe this has been hit on before but diesel is the working mans fuel!! Sorry for the rant just had to get it off my chest
    Jason

12. 73-cj5

73-cj5 New Member

$4.039 today in hendersonville glad the cmpany pays the bill but in the long run it effects my raises, perks etc.

13. maddog411

maddog411 Well-Known Member

Paid $4.10 a gallon this weekend at the BP on 49 in Harrisburg just to get LDS diesel instead of that gay ULSD crap. Course I only got $10 worth...lol.

14. drkelly

drkelly Dipstick who put two vehicles on jack stands

Paid $4.10 in Hickory last weekend.

15. JeepURE

JeepURE New Member

why is diesel so much more expensive? i thought it required less refining and what not? maybe i am wrong?

16. BIGWOODY

BIGWOODY Well-Known Member

paid $135 to fill the dually this past weekend...ouch!

17. Rich

Rich Asshole at large

Supply & demand...

18. BIGWOODY

BIGWOODY Well-Known Member

it all W's fault....he turned up the dial on fuel prices so he could buy another baseball team when he leaves office.:popcorn:

19. highrollintj

highrollintj Well-Known Member

thank you. someone with some common sense. i always round up. last time i looked i saw it for $4.06 here in raleigh. been driving one of my cherokees now for the past month because of it

20. bjack

bjack Active Member

I swear to God if I had a nickel everytime some toothless idiot told me that everyday I could buy another buggy. :lol:

21. maddog411

maddog411 Well-Known Member

Even if the gov't won't say it, don't you think one of the real reasons we're in Iraq is to protect the oil? And we still get gas/fuel prices skyrocketing?

22. Casey79CJ7

Casey79CJ7 Member

23. highrollintj

highrollintj Well-Known Member

it is pretty stupid. the US really screwed it self over when they built our refineries. the way the refinery refines oil only allows for a small percentage of each barrel to be turned into diesel where as in europe they produce about the same amount of diesel as gasoline and they end up exporting a lot of their gasoline to us. if car manufacturers keep producing more diesel powered vehicles it is only going to cause diesel prices to go higher. and even if they built new refineries we would not feel the effects for several more years.

some one show me proof that it is bush's fault, cus he doesnt have as much to do with it as people may think. we actually got pretty good teachers over here at state to explain things to us

24. drkelly

drkelly Dipstick who put two vehicles on jack stands

25. Jeff B

Jeff B pool boy

Yes