Documentary YJ Build

Such was my thoughts. But I was told it would be too much for some reason or another since I didn’t have tons. Last Jeep I did 60/14 needed a ram 2500MC so I was thinking the same for me, but I’m getting conflicting info.

You need more volume from the sounds of it. The E350 master has worked for me on ton swaps with disc/disc, disc/drum and also 8.8 swaps with the same combo.
For the $22, you can't go wrong.

so are you getting some stickies

Maybe at some point but it would be later on. As bad as people say these tires are they done well enough for me on a super muddy weekend. I aired them down a bunch. Like, way down since I broke a valve stem lol.

I don’t care to run it down the highway but I’d like to be able to throw the family in and cruise into town for some ice cream. I’d like to have a set of 38”-40” MTRs honestly. @Chris_Keziah tires have consistently blew my mind how well they hook.

Honestly my absolute, top priority above tires is the seats. These seats are terrible with zero side support on off camber stuff. I want to address that before I buy tires. I think I can get a year out of these iroks.

I think I can get a year out of these iroks.

download.jpg

Honestly my absolute, top priority above tires is the seats. These seats are terrible with zero side support on off camber stuff

A definite trade-off...
no side bolsters = easy-peasy in & out, but feel like you're gonna tumble out on a 10* side hill/or feel like you've done 20 "8 second rides" from the core workout
side bolsters = 4-5 good whacks to the gourd before you figure out how to get in/out past the cage, but return refreshed that you spent zero energy holding yourself in

A definite trade-off...
no side bolsters = easy-peasy in & out, but feel like you're gonna tumble out on a 10* side hill/or feel like you've done 20 "8 second rides" from the core workout
side bolsters = 4-5 good whacks to the gourd before you figure out how to get in/out past the cage, but return refreshed that you spent zero energy holding yourself in

I was amazed at how much better I felt after a day of wheeling in my Corbeau XP's. You don't realize how much of a work out it is to keep yourself in the seat till you wheel in good suspension seats with bolsters.

Yeah I’ve wheeled in enough good seats to know the trade and and I agree it’s well worth it. You unconsciously shift your butt cheeks and shoulder blades the whole time.

But since I got my balls snipped they are a bit extra sensitive so I’m sure I’ll learn quickly after a few times smashing them how to get in and out properly o_O

Last edited:
Well, I thought I’d make a quick, simple upgrade and do this E350 master cylinder swap. What a nightmare. It’s always the “simple fix” that turns into a huge mess.

I got the master cylinder, and the correct adaptors according to this thread: E350 Master Cylinder Install In YJ!

Those adaptors are wrong, or I have the wrong Master. Not sure. And I ran to 3 different stores to get the adaptors that wound up being wrong. I only got one adaptor originally, figuring I’ll find the other one later. Then when I got home I saw JCs thread above and thought “cool NAPA has them, I’ll be rolling today”. Got to NAPA at 4:05 to discover they closed at 4. Found them at another orielly 10 minutes further up the road. Then to find they didn't fit when I got home.
:kaioken:

That’s not the problem. Even with line wrenches, I can’t even get a single line off the master. So I said screw it I’ll unscrew from the prop valve. Nope. Can’t even unscrew them. So then I tried to unscrew the lines leaving the prop valve, nope not happening. So, my line wrenches are just some cheapos from the parts store and they are deflecting. Tomorrow I’m getting another quality set, if that don’t work I will destroy them with vise grips and have to replace the front 2 hard lines, and the hard line running to the rear. I have a local place, Alliance Hose & Fitting, so I’m gonna have to run to them and get them to make new lines to go from this MC to the prop valve and possibly make me a new rear hard line.
I originally thought this was gonna take less than an hour. Before I got frustrated and walked away I decided to put my new head lights in to make me feel like I’d done something at least.

740D25F9-EC6D-4DFD-824A-B91E1F8C54EE.jpeg

Also, just an update, I’m pretty happy with the paint. I came home from AOP and gave it a wash with soap and water. It doesn’t seem to stain like flat black rattle can paint does. I’m happy with it, but would recommend at least 3 coats to anyone else doing this as it doesn’t take much to nick the paint. But remeber, I screwed up the first coat and then did another coat 45 minutes later. 3 proper coats wiuld probably do really good.
D78B6085-5601-4BDB-B127-193A6E21B1A3.jpeg

Got a link to those headlights? I've been looking for some for mine, but most of the squares look horrible in my opinion. Those I think I could live with.

Got a link to those headlights? I've been looking for some for mine, but most of the squares look horrible in my opinion. Those I think I could live with.

Yeah I thought they looked good too, I like the black housing. They have hi and low beam as well, and super affordable. Haven’t had a chance to pull it out and see how bright they are.

Bear Claw LED BC-7x6-blk... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXL1QRY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Got the brake lines all back on, E350 MC put on. Brakes still suck. I hate it. Bout to roll it out and strike a match to this thing.

I had to adjust the push rod when I swapped the E350 into mine. Did you check that?

Mine was too short.
No but @Curtis_H was literally just mentioning that.

I just adjusted it, it made no difference. May need a little more. I’m gonna have to tackle it again and do some more bleeding. I should also admit I did not remove the O ring like @Jody Treadway told me to do because I’m a huge dummy that doesn’t listen to pros.

I test drove it, and it does feel like I have more stopping power, I just have a spongy pedal with a lot of travel. I little pump and it’s better but still not great. As before, when it’s not running the pedal feels great. Start it up and it falls down.

I’ll remove the o ring tomorrow and bleed it all over again.

Paging anyone in my area with a pressure bleeder I can use.....

Back