F*&$#N post office!!!

Rich

Asshole at large
Yup, a rant. This has all started happening recently.

First, it's getting just about every magazine / catalog with wrinkled/torn pages..and lots of 'em.
Then, we're getting ALOT of mail address to other people, not maybe 1 or 2 houses away, but across town - not even similar to our address.
After that, a package sent USPS to Nicole with her sister's cell phone was delivered to someone else's house. It took 2 weeks to finally get to us. "WRONG ADDRESS" written in marker across the front. Apparently someone else is getting pissed.
Yesterday - the last straw: A birthday card my Grandmother TYPED the address on was returned to her (after almost 2 weeks) stamped "NO SUCH ADDRESS".
Through all this, I STILL have not received my W-2, though everyone else I work with has gotten theirs. $5 says it's in someone else's mailbox. Can't file for my refund till I have it..

I called the postmaster this morning, and he found the returned letter in their log.. "Oh....well I don't know why that would have happened" :mad: No apology.

If this shit doesn't get better soon, Holly Springs is going to have the first dually-width drive through post office in the U.S. :uzi:

Thanks.. I feel better now. :beer:

I can't wait for a drive through post office. I get all my letters, but any package they won't even try to deliver. They put a notice on my door that says I wasn't home we'll try again tomorrow. So the next day I invite friends over and we cook out and drink waiting on the mail person to come by. They don't even get out of the vehicle and then I have to go pick it up at a distribution center across town two days later. Happens with every package that comes through the postal service. I pay for fedex or ups because they actually deliver to my house. Shot I won't even mail in any bill payments because they loose them. I hand deliver or e-pay everything.

You always here about the Postal Employees going nust and shooting people.
When are things gonna turn in our favor and ssomebody goes nuts on them??

i use services other than USPS each and every time i possibly can.

CasterTroy said:
Uh oh....Rich is "goin postal" :lol:

I will redefine that term.

My mailman told me I had to put a mailbox at the road. He said that the postmaster was extending his route and everyone on his route had to put up a box because he wouldnt have time to do all his stops otherwise. He said this came strait from the postmaster!
So I put one up. A few weeks later I started noticing him still parking at the end of the street and walking to the doors of most houses and putting their mail in the box at the door. Except mine and a couple other houses that had installed mailboxes. Well I got pissed and pulled my post out of the ground and put it behind the house. Then I stopped recieving my mail! I called the postmaster and told him what was going on and he agreed with what the mailman had told me. He said that if I didnt put the box back up, I would have to come to the post office to get my mail. I told him that the man was still walking up the street and he said that it doesnt matter. Now the guy rides up the street, puts mail in my box at the road, then gets out and walks it to the door at the old mans house across the street.(and no my neighbor is not handycaped) When ever the old man is outside, they stand there and talk for at least 20 minutes everytime. I may have to give him a piece of my mind here pretty soon.

Ahhhhh now i feel better
The Post Office Sucks!

Well, as he said this morning.. If no one calls and lets them know otherwise, they assume they are doing a fine job... That was the only good point he made during the whole call.

My old house we used to live at.. if there was a car within 10 feet either side of mailbox you woul dnot get mail.. guy would not get out of postal car to put it in box or bother backing up to get to mailbox

worst is half the time my box was block by neighbors not me...

I had a friend that worked evenings in the plant I used to work in, was trying to get a postal job, his wife was a supervisor. He got one, worked there for two weeks in the day, and at the plant evenings. He quit the postal job, said it was a lousy job, people were assholes and rude, everyone had an attitude, ie. not my job, etc. He hated it, it's no wonder some folks go postal there.

Rich said:
Well, as he said this morning.. If no one calls and lets them know otherwise, they assume they are doing a fine job... That was the only good point he made during the whole call.

I never called, I walked right in there several times and tossed other poeples mail on the counter and told them I was sick of this BS.

Nothing ever changes though.

Di

BRUISER said:
My old house we used to live at.. if there was a car within 10 feet either side of mailbox you woul dnot get mail.. guy would not get out of postal car to put it in box or bother backing up to get to mailbox
worst is half the time my box was block by neighbors not me...

I have seen many many folks have the OPPOSITE problem in the fall, when it comes to leaf piles.... HUGE piles of leaves all neat and just waiting for pickup... along comes Mail Guy in his jeep, Vroom! Right through em, strewn all across the street.
Damn dude I'd hate for you to have to walk 3 feet.

My old mail carrier said they are not supposed to get out... if they do and trip/fall/get injured, supposedly it won't be considered "on the job" for routes that are spec'd to be driving only..

Hell if I can verify the truth to that, I think they just don't want to get out and then contort themselves back into the middle of the car.

CAS22 said:
oohh this gives me ideas...would one of those old fashioned bear traps with the clamping jaws fit inside a mailbox?:uzi:

Riiiiight.....

And with that, I copy the thread in case the authorities need to look at it later. :flipoff2:

Have to say here in Morganton I have had different experiences. Our mail man often brings packages of something I or the wife has ordered, to our door. Used to be, we got a yellow slip of paper that said to come to the post office. This man has severe leg problems and does not walk to well, yet, he drive into our driveway, gets out and brings the packages up on the porch and leaves it by the door.
When my dad was alive, the post man always looked forward to seeing dad on the porch. they chit chatted, sometimes he enjoyed glass of tea with him. When dad got sick, he asked about him every time he had the chance. Even come by after hours and visited with him.
Sorry you guys have sucky post people

Ditto for our local W-S postal servie. I've had no probs with them. We might get a wrong address once a year, and always leaves packages on my doorstep, or leaves them in garage lawn chair if the garage door is open.

The more I think about this, the more I'm getting concerned about my W-2 floating around SSN, taxpayer ID, you name it.... Of all the pieces of damn mail to get "lost"..

Of course all the bullshit junk mail always makes it.

If you have a legitimate gripe with your postal service, here's the number to file a formal complaint...

800-275-8777

(Diane - I recommend you spend a few minutes and tell them about all the misdelivered mail - if they see a trend, things can change..)

Oh my god, I can hardle breathe I'm so pissed off right now...

The post office called me (Got my # from the formal complaint I filed today). The postmaster (Jerry) tells me that "that birthday card that was returned came in today, i can see where it was incorrectly noted as no such address.."

I told him it's not likely, since she put it in a new envelope and re-sent it the other day. He says "The one from New York? This one is from New York".

NO! That's ANOTHER damn card.. The first one was from Florida...

HOLY SHIT! How many damn cards (with money in them) are floating around?!?!?... How many relatives are cussing me right now because i didn't thank them for a card I never received??? (We've gotten a TON of Christmas cards from relatives we don't normally because of the wedding)

I'm gonna freakin lose it. I'm totally seeing nothing but red right now. Tons of personal information (W2), and now money are floating around, and only people's honesty will keep me from never seeing it.

Back