Gas shortage?

Got notified just after daylight, too late! Gas on OKI rose something like .15 overnight, which is complete bullshit. My truck is sitting at home right now with 2 empty tanks:mad:

Yeah...here in the western part of Salisbury gas went up .25 overnight and everyone did it. Gas station I went to said they were gonna do another .10 tonight or tomorrow. Eastern part of the county looks to have only gone up a a dime. Buddy of mine in Conover posted this morning he went to 3 gas stations that were already out.

Think its a crock of shit honestly. With all this shit going on about the oil pipeline and the Native protests...
Ehhhhh. Call me a whackjob, but I always smell conspiracies. Media causes a panic, panic causes a shortage, shortage causes more panic.
Excellent distraction.

Media causes a panic, panic causes a shortage, shortage causes more panic.
Excellent distraction.

Exactly!

I heard 6000 barrels, which 230k is spot on. Even so, that is just a drop compared to what we use everyday.

Sheetz in Salisbury is now dry...

it seems a lot of Sheetz stations are more effected.

I see several Sheetz tank truck in Selma filling up, but i think they're contracted, there is no Sheetz terminal, i wonder if that has anything to do with it ?

I filled at a Citgo ($2.099) and a private store ($2.199) around noon today, private store knew nothing of a gas shortage, never went inside the Citgo, though they were reasonably busy at the pump, it seemed more for small cans for mowers than filling the vehicles.

Exactly!

I heard 6000 barrels, which 230k is spot on. Even so, that is just a drop compared to what we use everyday.
The amount spilled isn't the issue. The pipeline is shut down for repairs which is affecting supply.

Now's a good time to be a pipeline welder? No? Maybe? o_O

Yeah sheetz here is dry (note sign)
IMG_20160917_142902.jpg

I bought 25 gallons of diesel and about 30 gallons of gas today. Filled up every can I have. Gonna fill the belly tank on the trailer and go back for diesel.

Most in lincolnton is out. Found one and filled both vehicles and a can for the victory.

I really don't think this will last to long.

We have enough reserves and other sources that they can release but wont because of the political drama it causes with a gas shortage. Katrina wasnt that long ago and the gas spike was similar, end of summer at the edge of winter, which in turn rolled into heating oil shortages.

I bought 25 gallons of diesel and about 30 gallons of gas today. Filled up every can I have. Gonna fill the belly tank on the trailer and go back for diesel.
This thinking is what causes artificial shortages though, right?

I'm at the beach but need to be at work on Monday.... if I can't get fuel tomorrow........

This should not affect prices or supply. This is why they have reserves is it not?

The supply isn't really the issue in this case, it's the delivery to the east coast. Without the pipeline, we are turning back to tanker trucks and trains to move the gas. Aka, less efficient, more costly.

Back