Gas shortage?

Filled up with regular for 2.09 this morning. That station went up and down in the same 24hrs.

I thought, and could be completely wrong,

That the storage tanks in GSO and Selma contain 6 weeks worth of supply. But what happens is the media creates panick, and people go fill everything up. The store tanks are emptied before the tankers can refill, creating more panick.

Even though the shortage is really no current issue, as typically any problem is fixed before the 6 week window approaches.

I thought, and could be completely wrong,

That the storage tanks in GSO and Selma contain 6 weeks worth of supply. But what happens is the media creates panick, and people go fill everything up. The store tanks are emptied before the tankers can refill, creating more panick.

Even though the shortage is really no current issue, as typically any problem is fixed before the 6 week window approaches.
.... Well think for a second....
Every storm you see milk bread and eggs fly off the shelves but milk and eggs to a certain degree have to stay refrigerated...no power, no cold....
So yeah they rush gas stations fearing the worst when they create their own problems.

.... Well think for a second....
Every storm you see milk bread and eggs fly off the shelves but milk and eggs to a certain degree have to stay refrigerated...no power, no cold....
So yeah they rush gas stations fearing the worst when they create their own problems.

Ah the French toast apocalypse

from what I understand the pipeline will be down at least a week. they have to evacuate the fumes before they can cut and repair the damaged section. that said gas station across the road form me is limiting to ten gallons a vehicle. I said I needed diesel and he said filler up. lol

also said they are expecting to be outta gas by end of day today and not get anymore till end of the week or beginning of next

Marathon on the way to Church this morning was dead. Bags on every handle. BP a quarter mile down was business as usual, no lines. Gas was $0.10 more at the BP, though. This afternoon, the Marathon appeared to be back online. Looks like any outage is temporary.

Still, we should all panic. That'll make it better. Right?

Diesel will be the next shortage. I'm guessing about a week to a week and a half or so. Then gas one more time, but not as bad while they do the finishing touches on the repair.

Diesel might be sooner. Just read that they are using a Diesel/bunker pipeline for gas products now.

We *were* leaving in a couple of days in the RV. Gonna put it off a week or two now. Don't want to get 400 miles from home, and get stuck.

The speedway by the house has plenty of gas. My wife and her friend were freaking out that the sheetz was dry and I told her not to worry. Went to the speedway to get a paper this AM and the pumps were open with no line.....like there was no shortage. Wife felt stupid.

Everyone laughs at me for getting a smart car. Oh heck I laugh at me for getting a smart car but I can 45 mpg while we wait this out.

I get that on my victory.

Everyone laughs at me for getting a smart car. Oh heck I laugh at me for getting a smart car but I can 45 mpg while we wait this out.

It only has an eight gallon tank.

Another good one I heard today: I bet all the people with electric cars will be laughing about the gas shortage for the next 40 to 45 miles.

If I let any of my vehicles sit for any amount of time, I always make sure they're full so water doesn't collect in the tanks as bad....so it's also convenient that they're all full right now!

Just topped off the RV the other day -- 80 gallons. Everything else is half full or less, and I have out of town appointments the next few days....looks like it might be siphon time. BP and Exxon here in tramway are both out now.

Back