Housing market trash

What's the the difference in tax value between 300 $300k houses and 100 $600k houses?
Why build 300 $300k houses when you can build 300 $600k houses and double your tax income!

Why build any houses when you can just build 4 unit condos that are the same size as a house!?!?!?!?!

Why build 300 $300k houses when you can build 300 $600k houses and double your tax income!

Because it had nothing to do with taxes, even if that math worked out. They didn't like that they were houses for lower-income/first-time buyer/etc people. They didn't want people thinking poor people lived in Sanford. They wanted "executive housing". Nevermind that the land is at a highway interchange with US-1.

Don’t forget, you can appeal your property value.

FWIW…just got my appeal assessment back…tax value dropped $101k. Was still $75k higher than my proposed revaluation…but better than the $230k-ish higher it was originally assessed at.

I dont know if anyone cares. I dont know the Sanford housing market.
Years ago I bought a rental property from these guys and got on an email list and get periodic "deal emails" which range from "aint a deal" to "screaming deal"....
Again I know nothing about the micro market but the 30 second comp pull seems like it could be an opportunity for someone local.

1688654372734.png

An interesting data point….

1690033457827.jpeg

It’s coming

What is coming? Another tax payer funded bailout for people that make poor choices?

After all the 'programs' during covid to 'help pay mortages and rent' that I couldn't take advantage of because I was dumb and used savings to keep my bills current, I'm super tempted to stop paying my mortage and have ya'll sucker tax payers pick up the tab.

no one will really suffer. no one will learn. more people will be come dependent on the gov't.....just as planned.

What is coming? Another tax payer funded bailout for people that make poor choices?

After all the 'programs' during covid to 'help pay mortages and rent' that I couldn't take advantage of because I was dumb and used savings to keep my bills current, I'm super tempted to stop paying my mortage and have ya'll sucker tax payers pick up the tab.

no one will really suffer. no one will learn. more people will be come dependent on the gov't.....just as planned.
Easy bro. A crash is coming. That is all.

This is what I'm referring to. You think the feds will let a 'crash' happen or just prop up whoever they need to prop up?

A crash is a bad look politically.
No idea how it’ll shake out this go round. Fortunately, I’m in a house I could die in if needed and I’m not in the market to sell. I’d definitely buy a beach place if prices crash, but I doubt stuff like that will go down much. All of the neighborhood single family homes that folks payed inflated prices for during Covid will plummet is my guess. As far as the political side, I’m sure they’ll use our taxes to prop up the machine as always. Not much we can do about it. Doesn’t matter which way you vote. The swamp is the swamp and it ain’t changing.

This is what I'm referring to. You think the feds will let a 'crash' happen or just prop up whoever they need to prop up?

A crash is a bad look politically.
I agree that they won’t let most feel pain and will bail them out. But I also think there will be a TEMPORARY housing price plummet - which will create a buyers market for liquid investors. Then when the inevitable bailout happens and the market super ball
bounces back - there will be a flip exit profit window.

Last edited:
I agree that they won’t let most feel pain and will bail them out. But I also think there will be a TEMPORARY housing price plummet - which will create a buyers market for liquid investors. Then when the inevitable bailout happens and the market super ball
bounces back - there will be a flip exit profit window.

I’ve personally actually dumped 3 inflated rental properties in the last 12 months for the sole purpose of stacking cash to be ready to re-enter value.
[In Ben voice]
Better have that in actual cash, like in a briefcase, so you'll have it when needed

Just saw a triangle business journal headline saying that Dr Horton just paid $16 million for 113 lots in a subdivision out by apex. I just don't see how they make money when they pay $142,000/lot?

I don't keep cash in a briefcase.

Would be kinda cool though
Believe it or not there's more than one Ben on this board. There's even a guy who literally says to call him that.

Back