Housing market trash

Not informed? Hardly. You can't take away from me the things I've seen, heard, and witnessed.
Being informed means seeking out and internalizing things you did NOT experience yourself.
But thanks for proving my point.

40 year mortgage to go with the 12 year car loan
I mean..if you think about it, many look at a mortgage like a lease with a tax advantage. They never intend to pay that mortgage off anyway.
Also, SO MANY people live with a car note (or even 2) and have resolved themselves to a perpetual car note so they can stay in new cars every few years.

It's a way of life I'll never understand, but these same people can't understand how I live with 10+ year old vehicles. I mean...how can I even exist without lane control warnings and active radar cruise control

Next up will be a lifetime lease on a property that the government agency owns.
Lifetime leases already exist.

Being informed means seeking out and internalizing things you did NOT experience yourself.
But thanks for proving my point.

Your point? How informed SHOULD I be? Do you know how informed I am? When I look around my neighborhood and can pinpoint the issues.....what other info should I be seeking out?

It sounds like YOU aren't informed in your assumptions and judgement of me. Just because something isn't happening to you doesn't mean its not happening.

I'm just baffled at how fast houses are selling still with these elevated interest rates at asking price. People are crazy!

I will admit my truck is on a seven-year note. But I put down a third of the cost and I keep trucks 17 years so the 3 percent I can live with. The house was paid off in 7.5 years . At the current use of the truck in seven years it will have 22K miles on it. My xj on the other hand will be at 500k

Your point? How informed SHOULD I be? Do you know how informed I am? When I look around my neighborhood and can pinpoint the issues.....what other info should I be seeking out?
Do you understand that your experience might not match the average / total for the country and everywhere? That there is more to the world and country than your neighborhood? And that maybe the assumptions you are making about whole groups of people could be incorrect?

Last edited:
I mean..if you think about it, many look at a mortgage like a lease with a tax advantage. They never intend to pay that mortgage off anyway.
Also, SO MANY people live with a car note (or even 2) and have resolved themselves to a perpetual car note so they can stay in new cars every few years.

It's a way of life I'll never understand, but these same people can't understand how I live with 10+ year old vehicles. I mean...how can I even exist without lane control warnings and active radar cruise control
There is a good point here... IF the interest rate on that 40 year note is lower, and allows you to use that saved $$ in a higher rate investment (e.g. house at 4%, savings at 6%) then you might as well take the stretched out payments and enjoy the net difference.

Unfortunately though most people don't think like that, and my bigger fear is that since most people think only on a monthly total payment paradigm this just raises the ceiling for how much higher housing costs can go without forcing and serious change on how we deal with the problem. Essentially moves thec cap on housing inflation.

There is no longer a deterrent to not 'buy more than you can afford '
There are at least 10 programs (that use your tax dollars) to bail people out that don't plan properly for the future or make bad decisions.
You can find someone to loan you money regardless of credit.
Or just go bankrupt and walk away.
Or complain to the city council that costs have gone up and you want some tax payer funded redistribution program
Sky is the limit

Went under contract today. Asking 299. Appraised at 289. Agreed at 275.

22 aces house barn and mostly fenced just outside of Buchanan, Va. guess it’s time to start packing my shit. House here goes live Monday morning.

Pretty stoked to get away from the people and bustle of where I’m at even though honestly it’s outside of town. I want MORE quiet!!

Sanford rejected a new SFH development that backs up to US1 because the houses weren't fancy enough. Builder was targeting $300s, Town wants $600s.

Sanford rejected a new SFH development that backs up to US1 because the houses weren't fancy enough. Builder was targeting $300s, Town wants $600s.
because tax base

What's the the difference in tax value between 300 $300k houses and 100 $600k houses?
The same income with 1/3rd the people and traffic and infrastructure needs.

Back