Hurricane Helene

Definitely not a necessity nor the best thing, but after being up there and seeing everyone miserable. I wanted to also take a couple coolers of cold drinks to pass out other than warm water bottles. Got a bunch of sodas, tons of Powerade’s, monsters, propels. Even got some candy and goodies to give out to the kiddos. Maybe put a smile on the faces for 5 mins. Coolers are full as well already
IMG_7822.jpeg

Me and my wife took a load from them up the Mountain towards Burnsville and had to make 3 stops before we ended up back in Spruce Pine. A major drop off point up (Altec) there wouldn't take it because it wasn't sorted...told me they weren't taking clothes ( it looked like they had a pile just piled up at the far end of their property hopefully not to be thrown away)

Some folks from we followed up were headed for Pensacola/Celo with sxs and supplies but they turned them around.

Several big pipes were erased. It’s probably more than 100’. River completely rerouted itself. I’ll try and get a couple photos to share.

What business was it? Bud Halls?
That name sounds familiar, I'm not sure though.

100' is probably what he said. He was throwing information at me so fast this morning it was all my brain could do to keep up.

Back