Hurricane Helene

Finally got a help to drop an alternator and got @Noel and company on their way…

Others have it worse, but we managed.

IMG_2229.jpeg

IMG_2226.jpeg

IMG_2230.jpeg

Good times fellas and safe travels, your help has been beyond words. The friendship eternal. 🇺🇸

Repairs evolved an axe, an arrow, crab legs and personal steaks. Truely blessed to be in the company of such humble and giving individuals. These dudes did the Lords work and our after hour shenanigans were hilarious.

Great way to unwind after a long day and for me 8 days of an emotional and physical marathon. I am exhausted, travel safely gentlemen.

The water situation is interesting to me. Bottled water is heavy and creates a lot of trash in an area already overflowing with trash. Same with single use propane tanks and grill tanks. Are moves being made to truck in bulk potable water to refill personal containers yet? Same question with propane? I would imagine that local propane bulk plants probably got washed away since they are generally in town, but I would think moves were being made to set up 1000gal tabks to fill up grill tanks. It's a lot easier to run a bobtail up and fill up a few big tanks than to just keep hauling up bulky grill tanks 4 gallons at a time

The water situation is interesting to me. Bottled water is heavy and creates a lot of trash in an area already overflowing with trash. Same with single use propane tanks and grill tanks. Are moves being made to truck in bulk potable water to refill personal containers yet? Same question with propane? I would imagine that local propane bulk plants probably got washed away since they are generally in town, but I would think moves were being made to set up 1000gal tabks to fill up grill tanks. It's a lot easier to run a bobtail up and fill up a few big tanks than to just keep hauling up bulky grill tanks 4 gallons at a time
Its what's easily available and logical for the moment. Don't create a problem for a solution.

Its what's easily available and logical for the moment. Don't create a problem for a solution.
Right, but it's not long term sustainable. And this is going to be a fairly long term situation. Im just wondering if anything is in the works? It takes a lot of work to rebuild a bulk propane plant, I have one. You can drop and fill a 1000gal tank in an hour.

Right, but it's not long term sustainable. And this is going to be a fairly long term situation. Im just wondering if anything is in the works? It takes a lot of work to rebuild a bulk propane plant, I have one. You can drop and fill a 1000gal tank in an hour.
Convenient for the situation, no ideal, but it can come from everywhere. Tanks and trucks are coming in. And surprisingly the towns are building back faster than I would ever imagine

Made it up further into some remote areas. Got alot of stuff dropped and folks helped out. It’s bad. And anymore rain they will be screwed. So much road is missing with more ready to go at any moment.

Attachments

• IMG_7866.jpeg
    IMG_7866.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7864.jpeg
    IMG_7864.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7863.jpeg
    IMG_7863.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7878.jpeg
    IMG_7878.jpeg
    349.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7900.jpeg
    IMG_7900.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7903.jpeg
    IMG_7903.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7913.jpeg
    IMG_7913.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7915.jpeg
    IMG_7915.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7905.jpeg
    IMG_7905.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7851.mov
    2.5 MB
  • IMG_7854.jpeg
    IMG_7854.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7853.jpeg
    IMG_7853.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7852.mov
    3.3 MB
  • IMG_7857.jpeg
    IMG_7857.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 0
Went up with 5 other fellas and my son. Reported to a small Fire Dept. outside Newland. We coordinated ahead of time. Upon arrival few leaders had shown up and those present were looking exhausted. The pre meeting phone call led us to believe we were doing ground work and shuttles of supplies.
After killing an hour or so we redirected to Spruce Pine Fire Department. They sent us to a large Baptist Church who was coordinating out reach and supplies to the community. Upon arrival it was hugely apparently they had way more organization and direct communication to the community. We were able to register and list skills and equipment picked few things up they had and spent the day doing work orders as they needed us to.
We removed some trees, tarped a few roofs and tore out a saturated bed room and ceiling of one home.

We took water and food as instructed to offer and had zero takers. The Church and every Fire Department or similar drop off was absolutely inundated with bottles of water. They were housing a few folks and making meals around the clock.

The realness of the damage is shocking and oddly humbling.

The amount of folks in and out all day in every type of transportation and level of equipment was impressive. It was very apparent who came to do what ever task at hand those looking for a feel good vibe. The over all amount of control over emotions, calmness of character and grace displayed by those manning the Church was blessing among the chaos.

Went up with 5 other fellas and my son. Reported to a small Fire Dept. outside Newland. We coordinated ahead of time. Upon arrival few leaders had shown up and those present were looking exhausted. The pre meeting phone call led us to believe we were doing ground work and shuttles of supplies.
After killing an hour or so we redirected to Spruce Pine Fire Department. They sent us to a large Baptist Church who was coordinating out reach and supplies to the community. Upon arrival it was hugely apparently they had way more organization and direct communication to the community. We were able to register and list skills and equipment picked few things up they had and spent the day doing work orders as they needed us to.
We removed some trees, tarped a few roofs and tore out a saturated bed room and ceiling of one home.

We took water and food as instructed to offer and had zero takers. The Church and every Fire Department or similar drop off was absolutely inundated with bottles of water. They were housing a few folks and making meals around the clock.

The realness of the damage is shocking and oddly humbling.

The amount of folks in and out all day in every type of transportation and level of equipment was impressive. It was very apparent who came to do what ever task at hand those looking for a feel good vibe. The over all amount of control over emotions, calmness of character and grace displayed by those manning the Church was blessing among the chaos.
Seemed to me like many folks came to joy ride.

Back