Hurricane Helene

News today is they’re turning folks around at the state line on 70 goin up the mountain unless you can show you’re supposed to be there.

The beauty of helicopter ops is you can land them where ever you want as long as you have permission of the land owners. Easy to set up a remote base and just fly to and from it, I mean what's the "FAA" really going to do? If authorities show up at that base to shut you down, well there's some amendments to protect against that. I guess they could setup a TFR over everything, even then.... All hypothetically speaking of course

The beauty of helicopter ops is you can land them where ever you want as long as you have permission of the land owners. Easy to set up a remote base and just fly to and from it, I mean what's the "FAA" really going to do? If authorities show up at that base to shut you down, well there's some amendments to protect against that. I guess they could setup a TFR over everything, even then.... All hypothetically speaking of course

Except for refueling

Except for refueling
I worked around a crew doing power line inspections with helicopters in highschool and they would fuel the hughes 500 at a remote base/landing site (usually along a farm road) using a pickup with a transfer tank/pump like you would with equipment.

Crazy how they are potentially blocking flights, even though on ADSB exchange the airspace looks pretty packed west of here.

Back