Hurricane Helene

Buck Creek Rd in Marion? isn't that State Road 80 that comes out of Micaville, over the Blue Ridge and down to Marion?

I don't get it, the Army Corp of Engineers... this is what they do! They build bridges and fix roads and open pathways.

To play devils advocate (not a popular thing to do, but I try to look at things from various points to understand) Is the fear that the side of the mountain is in jeopardy of a slide? are they trying to protect people? What would they gain by closing it down? is there some sort of valuable resource they would want to acquire?

Either:
1. It's a legit protection of life
2. It's a land grab
3. It's a BS story
My guess is that they have to prioritize the rebuilding of bridges and roads.

@CarolinaHD loaded up and a tank of fuel. Headed that way.
IMG_7815.jpeg

Went to Ashe airport. Got directed to Creston. Fire Marshall said they’re about wrapped up for requested clearing and DOT was in town. Cut the trip short to regroup with equipment. Just heard about a buddy in Old Fort so might be my next attempt.

Hal Weatherman says Boone?? Edit: scratch that, post is three days old. Leaving it up in case it's still useful for reference.

How would they know?

Depending on the application (virtual desktop for example), it would be laggy as shit, then you'd contact IT and they'd say "yeah, we don't support that."

My uncle went up to help a friend of his in Black Mountain yesterday that lost most of his business. Lost 7 wreckers, one of them a heavy recovery rotator. He said they are telling them that the water supply for swannanoa might not be back up for 6 months. Nevermind that it was all flooded, the river apparently moved and now the intake pipe is 100yds or something crazy away from the new channel. They've got to get big pumps up there just to get water to the plant

Back