Hurricane Helene

Close but no, the rear was more wagon like and it has boatside. It really looked like a modified suburban chassis.

Sounds like the M1301 then

Capture.JPG

Years ago I got to be apart of some R&D for vehicles Hendrick was building for us. It was 4 door diesel rubicons that weren’t a thing in the US. They were destined for Europe I believe. They were pretty sweet, but had some quirks. Too many things controlled electronically. If it were more bare bones they would have been unstoppable.
IMG_0012.jpeg

Years ago I got to be apart of some R&D for vehicles Hendrick was building for us. It was 4 door diesel rubicons that weren’t a thing in the US. They were destined for Europe I believe. They were pretty sweet, but had some quirks. Too many things controlled electronically. If it were more bare bones they would have been unstoppable. View attachment 426045
Didn't they have a Dana 60 in the rear also?

Years ago I got to be apart of some R&D for vehicles Hendrick was building for us. It was 4 door diesel rubicons that weren’t a thing in the US. They were destined for Europe I believe. They were pretty sweet, but had some quirks. Too many things controlled electronically. If it were more bare bones they would have been unstoppable. View attachment 426045
2.8 VW diesel.
Super popular in Europe, a lot of my friends had/have them.

The Egyptian tj6 I think it was called did. Had a diesel engine too.
That was the J8 IIRC.

Y'all say a little prayer for @Blake_JK and his group of Eagle Scout buddies. They are in the Henderson area volunteering with the Baptist group in that area. They are bedding down with the mission group and making a weekend of it since they all are part of the real working class and hold down careers through the week.

Makes me proud to know a few good people are in that 23-26 year old age bracket.
May seem small but them young men are running saws and doing what work they are assigned. Most aren't highly seasoned sawyers but have level heads. Dad is gonna worry regardless.

we got a driveway cleaned up from a small land slide, moved the container at the local ball field so it can he used for storage of more supplies. And had a surprise helper creep up.

Attachments

• IMG_8069.jpeg
    IMG_8069.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8064.jpeg
    IMG_8064.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8060.jpeg
    IMG_8060.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8047.jpeg
    IMG_8047.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8054.jpeg
    IMG_8054.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8048.jpeg
    IMG_8048.jpeg
    311.9 KB · Views: 66
Today was the best day I’ve had since the storm hit. My good buddy Bobby hauled in 7 300 gallon water totes and an entire truck load of ppe along with some warm clothes. We got people in need setup with some water and people putting in the work setup with some ppe. At the end of the day we able to relax for a bit, listen to some live bluegrass, have a drink and be thankful for what we still have. If anyone wants to donate in the next couple days to his foundation I’ll post the link. He is bringing another large load down towards the end of next week.

we got a driveway cleaned up from a small land slide, moved the container at the local ball field so it can he used for storage of more supplies. And had a surprise helper creep up.
You have been so gracious with your time and resources my friend. Thank you for your help and comradery once again!

Ken called me after we left the ballfield and was beside himself that his driveway was cleared.

:beer:

So to get to the driveway we cleared today, @Noel and myself got to drive across the Burnettes Reservoir dam (the one that supplies Asheville and myself with water). It’s revered as one of the cleanest water sources in the USA. And it’s absolutely beautiful…

IMG_2393.jpeg

So to get to the driveway we cleared today, @Noel and myself got to drive across the Burnettes Reservoir dam (the one that supplies Asheville and myself with water). It’s revered as one of the cleanest water sources in the USA. And it’s absolutely beautiful…

View attachment 426106
Made it back, pawpaw wasn’t home. Will have to check on him next trip.

Back