I got bad vibes, man- FIXED. Go to page 9

Found it.
Brand new driveshaft is out of round AF. I'm pissed as hell right now.
Tossed in a random spare shaft (too short to drive on for any length of time) and the vibration is essentially gone.

I hear more issues about new driveshafts being wrong then any other part. It's kinda sad really

So local driveshaft shop didn't balance new shaft or? Sad, we got a great guy locally who is very proud of his work in a good way. Taylor's Drivelines

Same here. I'm pretty livid after spending a bunch of time and $$$ chasing this. A 24 year old stock ZJ front shaft (2" too short for permanent use) fixed it.

Especially for the price that most of them cost these days.

Glad to hear that you got it narrowed down.

Sucks that the new shaft is jacked, but I thought you had swapped rear shaft out once or twice and the vibration was still there? Or am I misremembering?

Duane

Sucks that the new shaft is jacked, but I thought you had swapped rear shaft out once or twice and the vibration was still there? Or am I misremembering?

Duane
I did swap them around when I was running the hack n tap 242 case. After swapping in the 231 with AA SYE, none of the shafts I had here were allowing smooth operation. I definitely think that the Hack n tap style SYE was never going to be smooth.
I'm going to order a rear shaft from a premium shop Monday so I know 100000% it won't be an issue again.
As of today with an OEM ZJ front shaft installed in the rear and an Oliver's up front, there are no vibes up to 70 mph .

It always sucks waiting on a new shaft, but for just these reasons, I only ever use Oliver's or Carolina Driveline.

Glad you figured it out though!

In a side note. That driveshaft is better than the factory one in my 17 Silverado. It’s had to believe there was no driveshaft recall

I'd probably make them show me the runout (and new tubing) before I took it back home with me.

"new shaft"

download.png

Back