JK and K5 build threads Bc you can never have too many toys

LOL thornbirds are now my new favorite super swamper...at least the modified version. I call em "SSBreaker" lol at least for xj

I'm running SSRs at the moment. Iroks work really well out here.

i like the Iroks right in line with the TSLs but these thornibirds actually have bigger lugs once i cut into em..if i ever get to upgrade axles and put some rpms to these tires...that'll really be an upgrade. what part of NC are you coming home to

i like the Iroks right in line with the TSLs but these thornibirds actually have bigger lugs once i cut into em..if i ever get to upgrade axles and put some rpms to these tires...that'll really be an upgrade. what part of NC are you coming home to

I'll be in Greenville, but will end up going to NC state. Yeah I'm not a wheel speed kinda guy, I rely on softer compound tires to hook while crawling.

I rely on softer compound tires to hook while crawling
this is the only way for over 10yrs any/all my xjs have survived stock diffs and tires as big as 39.5s...given i don't beat on it and am smart enough to know their limits but i found out long time ago...real good nobby tires deflated real low with sharp biting lugs and slow 4lo crawling goes a long way (for me anyways) and if i can't crawl it with little/mild spin...i just move on and don't look back. spinning tires is what breaks stuff and also burns out the tires also which i still don't understand why so many do it but to each his own method. i watch people all the time spin and spin and smoke these crazy expensive tires on rocks and dry dirt to the point of smoking and i always think "damn, there went 8months of tread down the drain" lol

Left Ft Irwin, CA around 11am yesterday, I'm currently 120 miles from Are-kansas. Been getting some stares the whole way, who drives a JK on 37x12.50 swampers and no fender flares across country anyway? Lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428586591.243692.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428586608.849056.jpg

Tires still have the nipples on them

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428586638.155788.jpg

Made it back to greenville at 8 this morning. Went and BS'd with brock at hastings and ran into the guy with the early broncos thats in NCKrawlers

Might order gears this week, had to put a rear driveshaft i. It the other day. Need to add some exhaust hangers on the Y pipe to keep the rattling down. Really want to get some chromo shafts for it front and rear.

Got my tires, need to order my gears then I'll do my taxes and get my RCVs for the front and 10 factory's for the rear. Looks mean on the SXs

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454696196.417389.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454696209.504144.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454696221.120015.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454696231.338426.jpg

Nothing looks better than TSL SX's...

SX's have as much tread on one sidewall as most minivans have on all 4 tires :cool:

SX's have as much tread on one sidewall as most minivans have on all 4 tires :cool:

That was a joke because the jeep has a 3.8 right? Lol I need to order my 3.8 minivan output sticker

The 3.8 was Jeep's powertrain protection feature, not enough power to break much.

Honestly I don't mind the engine, the rubicon tcase helps a lot along with having a 6 spd. And with 4.10s and my old 37s I managed and average of 16.5 mpg after I even calculated it on the way back from California. It's got 75k miles on it now, doesn't consume oil and runs fine. It's just under powered but I did notice it has more lower end torque than the 3.6.

That was a joke because the jeep has a 3.8 right? Lol I need to order my 3.8 minivan output sticker
No, just a humorous commentary about how much sidewall tread an SX has.

Dang you wore those tsl out quick . How many miles did you put on them

The rear two were given to me very used and I put 10k miles on them. The front 2 only have 10k miles on them and are in pretty good shape.

See:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455063759.042201.jpg

Whew you had me worried I just bought 37 12.50 irock radials and hope to get good tread life out of them. I have km2 now and have put 50k on them and they are just under half tread all highway miles

Whew you had me worried I just bought 37 12.50 irock radials and hope to get good tread life out of them. I have km2 now and have put 50k on them and they are just under half tread all highway miles

You won't get all that great of mileage out of them, I ran the SSRs not TSL. I'm not sure if the radial iroks are the same compound as the bias but I would say 20k mile and you might want to start hunting down a new set. Proper alignment and tire pressures are your keep factors.

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about it then

Going 1 tons because I like sinking money into everything for no reason. 14 bolt rear or sterling? Planning on running artec trusses even though I'd love to design and build my own I think artec will take my money.
I plan on running 42s 05-up SD60 front and either a matching 10.5 sterling or get a 99-06 14 bolt. I definitely want to have a 8 on 6.5 pattern, so I'll redrill the front unit bearings. Out back can you swap older sterling hubs with newer ones so I can get the old pattern?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling should be the easiest for abs compatibility.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back