Job Hook Ups

I don’t understand why these two don’t go together. KilldozerFlamethrozer is actually the complete correct answer, Marv just didn’t have the funding or patience left to finish.
This is why you're on my emergency contacts 🥰

If Lexington isn't too far for you, check out Careers | EGGER. There are openings in manufacturing, transportation and office jobs currently. Pretty decent pay for the area, too.
I actually looked at EGGER not too terribly long ago, but unfortunately they didn't have any positions that would work with my schedule.

I'm starting to get tired of where I'm working now; 10 years and I don't know how much more I can take. Holding out for a railroad job, but I'll take a look at anything!

I actually looked at EGGER not too terribly long ago, but unfortunately they didn't have any positions that would work with my schedule.

I'm starting to get tired of where I'm working now; 10 years and I don't know how much more I can take. Holding out for a railroad job, but I'll take a look at anything!

A lot of the plant workers are swing-shift - I can definitely see that being an issue. Most of the office workers are 8:30-5. I think they are looking at re-aligning the shift schedules, though.

Well I'm officially looking now. Mechanical engineer in the Concord/Huntersville area.
Are you a PE?

Open to remote (work from home) or office only?

Background ?

Well I'm officially looking now. Mechanical engineer in the Concord/Huntersville area.
I don’t know if Duke has any openings, but I can tell you that we’ve lost several engineers over the past year to TVA and they are fullly remote jobs doing design work on new nuclear. I know at least two of them were contract positions, the others that left, I don’t know if they went in-house or contract.

I've reached out to a few folks on here, but may as well throw it out there. Given the current state of the company I'm with I'm open and looking to make a change around the end of the year. Experience in sales, estimating, drafting, fabrication, and field management in miscellaneous steel. Not dead set on staying in steel, but would like to stay in the field management role and stay local to NC mostly.

What are you looking for? Design, mfg, applications? Amy particular industries?
Open to anything really as I haven't found what I really enjoy doing yet. At my last job I project managed and designed industrial piping skids. I enjoyed the design, modeling and fabrication aspect of it. I liked to be hands on in the shop with the guys fabricating but my boss didn't want me in the shop.

Prior to that when I worked at Honda Power Equipment in the machining department I enjoyed that. The machining aspect interest me. Cough, cough @Andy J.
I can't sit at a computer all day and do the same thing over and over I know that for sure.

@Ron
Not a PE. Took the FE in school and passed but never took the PE as I didn't need it for what I was doing. I'm open to a remote position. If it is office, I want to stay near Concord or Huntersville Or North side of Charlotte.

Last edited:
I don’t know if Duke has any openings, but I can tell you that we’ve lost several engineers over the past year to TVA and they are fullly remote jobs doing design work on new nuclear. I know at least two of them were contract positions, the others that left, I don’t know if they went in-house or contract.
Thanks. I'll take a look and let you know if I have any questions.

I'll be looking for some remote sales people, 100% commission based role. Trying to get my e-commerce metal structures business growing. While focused on growing this arm of the business, sell roofs, sell structures, sell golf carts, sell cabinets, sell flooring, sell anything and everything I have...but the focus is metal. The role is designed to pick up some side scratch, but I do have some folks making $100k+/yr doing this from their Facebook. You'd be eligible for full benefits if you want to be a w2 employee, but willing to 1099 if you'd prefer. Probably do a once-a-month video call. Outside of that, sell as much or as little as you can/want. I'm set up to sell in 46 states. As a dealer for most of these structures I receive 12-18% of the gross sales price. For this role, I'd do a 70/30 split of my 12-18% if a lead comes from my CRM, or 50/50 split if you generate the lead (Craigslist, Marketplace, etc).

Websites are actively being rebuilt, I don't like how clunky they are, but here's what you'd be selling. Actively revamping my SEO and PPC strategies.

I'll be looking for some remote sales people, 100% commission based role. Trying to get my e-commerce metal structures business growing. While focused on growing this arm of the business, sell roofs, sell structures, sell golf carts, sell cabinets, sell flooring, sell anything and everything I have...but the focus is metal. The role is designed to pick up some side scratch, but I do have some folks making $100k+/yr doing this from their Facebook. You'd be eligible for full benefits if you want to be a w2 employee, but willing to 1099 if you'd prefer. Probably do a once-a-month video call. Outside of that, sell as much or as little as you can/want. I'm set up to sell in 46 states. As a dealer for most of these structures I receive 12-18% of the gross sales price. For this role, I'd do a 70/30 split of my 12-18% if a lead comes from my CRM, or 50/50 split if you generate the lead (Craigslist, Marketplace, etc).

Websites are actively being rebuilt, I don't like how clunky they are, but here's what you'd be selling. Actively revamping my SEO and PPC strategies.

how many people are already advertising your buildings?

do you provide the advertising template for social media?

multiple people making $100k a year off a split percentage is moving alot of buildings in a very crowded market!

@ncsutj All of the nascar race shops do contract manufacturing now. I know that Joe Gibbs Manufacturing Solutions may be looking for help either now or in the near future. JGMS | Joe Gibbs Manufacturing Solutions

Roush Yates Mfg Solutions had openings for a Project Manager and others: Current Career Opportunities at Roush Yates Racing Engines

Other possibilities:

Corvid Technologies has multiple engineering roles open. They’re in Mooresville. They do mostly defense-related design and prototyping. Corvid Technologies | High-tech Engineering Solutions

Orelikon AM does a bunch of cool stuff with powder metal printing. Located in Huntersville. Additive Manufacturing Services | 3D Printing Solutions

Burkert Fluid Controls does pharmaceutical fluid valves and is in Huntersville.

Let me know if you decide to apply to any of these and I’ll share contact info and/or put in a good word if it’ll help.

how many people are already advertising your buildings?

do you provide the advertising template for social media?

multiple people making $100k a year off a split percentage is moving alot of buildings in a very crowded market!

Relatively new…was only N.C. based at my retail locations until January. Some of my retail folks have taken the ball and run with it since then. I have 15 retail stores, 10 authorized dealers and 15 wholesalers. Almost exclusively focused in NC. I have 4 others managing the e-commerce side part time…and have had good success as far north as Pennsylvania, as far south as Florida and as far west as Arizona.

Advertising would come in the form of the corporate budget and would flow through my CRM. Otherwise, you want more coin, put more skin in the game…I don’t care if you pavement pound, go door knocking, utilize Craigslist, post on Marketplace, etc etc. Most of that is free…but I do have ‘Shake the Trees’ methodology that I’ve taught all my sales people that usually sees 25-30% growth YoY…this year, most of the industries I’m in are off pace 35-50%, and I’m up 18%…passive sales in a saturated market is over, it’s all about proactivity to take back market share. To be quite honest, I’m not a good person to work for, if you’re the type of salesman that waits for the sale to come to you. In the middle of my last quarterly sales meeting, when people were bitching about political climate and industry wide slow downs, I googled a random floor installer, called them and asked them if they install LVP and if my $1.69/ft price was better than they’re currently getting…closed 3600ft there on the spot. Let your fingers do the walking.

Average sale price is about $7k…with a 70/30 split, that would be selling one metal structure/day, every day. For reference…my average sized retail stores, I require 100 raw leads/month…and a minimum 20% closure rate, and a minimum 15% contribution margin. I wouldn’t enforce that with a role like this…but ‘shaking the trees’ makes the path to $100k pretty clear. Edit…I’m a thorough believer, every salesman in the company should be making more money than I am…if they’re not, they’re not using the tools they have.

Last edited:
Relatively new…was only N.C. based at my retail locations until January. Some of my retail folks have taken the ball and run with it since then. I have 15 retail stores, 10 authorized dealers and 15 wholesalers. Almost exclusively focused in NC. I have 4 others managing the e-commerce side part time…and have had good success as far north as Pennsylvania, as far south as Florida and as far west as Arizona.

Advertising would come in the form of the corporate budget and would flow through my CRM. Otherwise, you want more coin, put more skin in the game…I don’t care if you pavement pound, go door knocking, utilize Craigslist, post on Marketplace, etc etc. Most of that is free…but I do have ‘Shake the Trees’ methodology that I’ve taught all my sales people that usually sees 25-30% growth YoY…this year, most of the industries I’m in are off pace 35-50%, and I’m up 18%…passive sales in a saturated market is over, it’s all about proactivity to take back market share. To be quite honest, I’m not a good person to work for, if you’re the type of salesman that waits for the sale to come to you. In the middle of my last quarterly sales meeting, when people were bitching about political climate and industry wide slow downs, I googled a random floor installer, called them and asked them if they install LVP and if my $1.69/ft price was better than they’re currently getting…closed 3600ft there on the spot. Let your fingers do the walking.

Average sale price is about $7k…with a 70/30 split, that would be selling one metal structure/day, every day. For reference…my average sized retail stores, I require 100 raw leads/month…and a minimum 20% closure rate, and a minimum 15% contribution margin. I wouldn’t enforce that with a role like this…but ‘shaking the trees’ makes the path to $100k pretty clear. Edit…I’m a thorough believer, every salesman in the company should be making more money than I am…if they’re not, they’re not using the tools they have.

What Crm do you use?
How are you acquiring leads?
What kind of budget and tools are available to generate your own leads, as you said current free ways are flooded with crap

PM sent……It may be “off the beaten path” for some here, but my dad is looking for a mechanic at Gordon Foods in Concord/Kannapolis. I believe it’s a 2nd shift job, not sure of exact pay but I can find out and put you in touch with him

What Crm do you use?
How are you acquiring leads?
What kind of budget and tools are available to generate your own leads, as you said current free ways are flooded with crap

I reckon you’ll have to interview if you’re that interested…

Open to anything really as I haven't found what I really enjoy doing yet. At my last job I project managed and designed industrial piping skids. I enjoyed the design, modeling and fabrication aspect of it. I liked to be hands on in the shop with the guys fabricating but my boss didn't want me in the shop.

Prior to that when I worked at Honda Power Equipment in the machining department I enjoyed that. The machining aspect interest me. Cough, cough @Andy J.
I can't sit at a computer all day and do the same thing over and over I know that for sure.

@Ron
Not a PE. Took the FE in school and passed but never took the PE as I didn't need it for what I was doing. I'm open to a remote position. If it is office, I want to stay near Concord or Huntersville Or North side of Charlotte.
I don't know if NCDOT might have anything that would interest you? They always have a shortage of employees. So many of their engineers don't stay more than a couple-of-three years. Don't know about now, but I always heard from their general labor guys, State don't pay much, but they have the best benefits!
Wasn't there a New E-car maker coming to Concord / former Phillip Morris plant? And someone there builds Military off-road buggies & special things , for the military.

Back