Job Hook Ups

Yea same thing basically just happened to my wife. Told her it show the unprofessional levels of the new office
Its crazy. I mean I guess I understand to a degree if they are referring offices, but I mean honestly, what's the difference if she quits, then goes and interviews at the new office and gets hired all within 2 weeks... she's still going from point A to point B.

Its crazy. I mean I guess I understand to a degree if they are referring offices, but I mean honestly, what's the difference if she quits, then goes and interviews at the new office and gets hired all within 2 weeks... she's still going from point A to point B.
alot of dental offices have non competes with each other. So legally they cant hire someone from another office they work with. My wife is going through the same thing. She works at an orthodontist office and was wanting to go to a general dentist and no where that refers to her current office will give her an interview.

alot of dental offices have non competes with each other. So legally they cant hire someone from another office they work with. My wife is going through the same thing. She works at an orthodontist office and was wanting to go to a general dentist and no where that refers to her current office will give her an interview.
There is a word for that...collusion. It is highly illegal and the NC dept of labor would have a strong interest in it. If they wont hire away they are likely also wage fixing. This is a big boy no-no. Not fines but someone in prison (not jail) level no-no.

Wow, that is crazy. I get it, but still crazy. My wife is actually opposite and is currently in General and would like to work in ortho but up front mainly but I don't think she would mind assisting if they needed her to.
She just wants to get out from the Dr. she is currently working for.

There is a word for that...collusion. It is highly illegal and the NC dept of labor would have a strong interest in it. If they wont hire away they are likely also wage fixing. This is a big boy no-no. Not fines but someone in prison (not jail) level no-no.
Ya I'm sure that's not the only thing that her employer is doing that wouldn't pass the sniff test. I told her to get the hell out and do it now.

- 6 heads for ‘construction type’ experience. ‘Rough Framer’ would be closest description. $15-25/hr DoE. M-Th 7a-4p, Friday 7a-noon-ish. Semi-indoor operation. Located in Lexington.

Fired a family of ‘rough framers’ for insubordination today…so now I need 10.

Fired a family of ‘rough framers’ for insubordination today…so now I need 10.
If that's the expectation, you got a long row to hoe...

If that's the expectation, you got a long row to hoe...

Is...nothing I haven't dealt with before. Expectations and standards are enforced. And actually, the expectation set today was during my crew meeting, I was passing out production bonuses for employees that consistently worked a full 40 and helped hit the goal. The 4 I fired weren't getting one and started bitching, so I invited them to find employment elsewhere that would appreciate them. They wanted to continue carrying on, so I let them know I no longer had a use for them. I'll sacrifice production to carve out cancer.

Last edited:
Is...nothing I haven't dealt with before. Expectations and standards are enforced. And actually, the expectation set today was during my crew meeting, I was passing out production bonuses for employees that consistently worked a full 40 and helped hit the goal. The 4 I fired weren't getting one and started bitching, so I invited them to find employment elsewhere that would appreciate them. They wanted to continue carrying on, so I let them know I no longer had a use for them. I'll sacrifice production to carve out cancer.

Quoted because this needs to be posted in every managers office with HR knowing this is the way.....quit coddling lazy bums. Also, thank you for being the poster child for "When there is no consequence for poor work ethic, and no reward for good work ethic, there is no motivation" and "Nothing will kill a great employee faster than watching you tolerate a bad one".

Quoted because this needs to be posted in every managers office with HR knowing this is the way.....quit coddling lazy bums. Also, thank you for being the poster child for "When there is no consequence for poor work ethic, and no reward for good work ethic, there is no motivation" and "Nothing will kill a great employee faster than watching you tolerate a bad one".

Thanks man…I appreciate that. In my experience, people usually roll their eyes at scenarios like I mentioned and say ‘that’s just the way it is’…however, I’ve found I can get more done with less when the cancer is gone. Whether it’s less skill (because now productive training can be done), less hourly rate (not the goal, but sometimes the budget, people are happy to come to work and you don’t have to golden handcuff people to put up with garbage), and less head count because you’re not compensating for the cancer.

I never understood the mentality of ‘we have to keep someone’…the business was there long before that hire, it’ll be there long after…myself included (just left a business I quintupled in 5 years, they’ll be just fine). Every manager should want to have the strongest team possible to make themselves look good.

…gets off soapbox…

I'm looking for a fabricator that can also handle being a salesman, as well as be willing to make pick ups/deliveries with a company truck/trailer. I specifically need someone with fab/assembly experience with golf carts/side by sides. Some one that can provide a custom touch to every sold unit if necessary...whether a custom lift, vinyl wrap job, sound system, can develop our own line of parts, etc. Base salary would be $50-70k depending on experience, plus commission (expected to be another $20-50k) and 10% bonus based on performance. A company truck (probably a new F250 crew 4x4) and gas card will also be provided to a candidate that ticks all the right boxes. Health benefits are pretty standard coverage, but I cover 70% of employee premiums and 45% of child/spouse/family premiums. Location is Spencer, NC...across from the transportation museum. Store hours are 10a-6pm (5pm during darker months), but this role would have very flexible hours depending on preference and work load. The store will have one dedicated sales person and one dedicated transporter, plus the role described.

I'm looking for a fabricator that can also handle being a salesman, as well as be willing to make pick ups/deliveries with a company truck/trailer. I specifically need someone with fab/assembly experience with golf carts/side by sides. Some one that can provide a custom touch to every sold unit if necessary...whether a custom lift, vinyl wrap job, sound system, can develop our own line of parts, etc. Base salary would be $50-70k depending on experience, plus commission (expected to be another $20-50k) and 10% bonus based on performance. A company truck (probably a new F250 crew 4x4) and gas card will also be provided to a candidate that ticks all the right boxes. Health benefits are pretty standard coverage, but I cover 70% of employee premiums and 45% of child/spouse/family premiums. Location is Spencer, NC...across from the transportation museum. Store hours are 10a-6pm (5pm during darker months), but this role would have very flexible hours depending on preference and work load. The store will have one dedicated sales person and one dedicated transporter, plus the role described.

Now I need this x2...one in Spencer, and I'll be launching a USA Outdoor Products Super Center in Indian Land (just outside Ft. Mill) in 2 months. Just signed the lease today. Spencer is just a Bunce Carts location, Indian Land will be all products UOP has to offer, buildings, roofs, metal panels, golf carts, lumber, tubing, etc.

Now I need this x2...one in Spencer, and I'll be launching a USA Outdoor Products Super Center in Indian Land (just outside Ft. Mill) in 2 months. Just signed the lease today. Spencer is just a Bunce Carts location, Indian Land will be all products UOP has to offer, buildings, roofs, metal panels, golf carts, lumber, tubing, etc.
How the hell do you have time to play in all the avenues you do?

How the hell do you have time to play in all the avenues you do?

I don't sleep and I have a helluva team. This is my war room…go to your column, get to work…be better today than you were yesterday.

IMG_5429.jpeg
IMG_5430.jpeg
IMG_5431.jpeg

IMG_5172.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm looking for a Lead Engineer. Proficient in all things solid works and file management. Solid understanding of axles, suspension, and steering. Looking for someone that wants to take company to the next level, not hide. Pay will be competitive I'm looking for a superstar you will be paid as such. My cell is 919-699-5892 shoot me a text, I'm ready to roll when you are.

Decided to launch an in-house car port division as well. Should be live in 180 days. I have the tubing, I have the metal, looking for welders. This role would be in Lexington, probably in the $25-30/hr range…more if warranted. I’ll have a 46 state network of on-site installers by the time this hire is made, so I’ll need someone that could assist in best practice for nation wide kits and local pick up assemblies. If the candidate is hired soon enough, I would want them involved in selecting welders, jigs, tube benders, etc etc.

71310154884__F61BC2FC-A6EC-4D9F-A4D2-55AAF6E74281.jpeg
71310157080__076D31E8-5A8B-41BF-9069-84E3B3E77C67.jpeg
71310165172__A662B75F-2400-4B17-875D-98A525EA5D2C.jpeg
IMG_4696.jpeg

Decided to launch an in-house car port division as well. Should be live in 180 days. I have the tubing, I have the metal, looking for welders. This role would be in Lexington, probably in the $25-30/hr range…more if warranted. I’ll have a 46 state network of on-site installers by the time this hire is made, so I’ll need someone that could assist in best practice for nation wide kits and local pick up assemblies. If the candidate is hired soon enough, I would want them involved in selecting welders, jigs, tube benders, etc etc.

View attachment 402401View attachment 402402View attachment 402403View attachment 402404

Cool! I designed that logo for them a while back. Did their previous website, too.

71310165172__A662B75F-2400-4B17-875D-98A525EA5D2C-01.png

I know this is a shot in the dark, but I know there are a lot of really skilled guys on here so I thought I would throw this out there.

I am currently looking to hire experienced auto tech, painters, detailers, and car buyers for a new company located in Oxford, NC

We pay the highest salaries in the industry, offer a 3 Day work week, and simply have the best facilities in the industry. All equipment is 100% brand new and state of the art. The facility is air conditioned. Plus we offer our tech unheard of perks such as NFL style locker room, massage chairs, individual showers, etc.

We offer the best of everything for our techs and we are looking to hire the best out there. If you are interested in learning more, please shoot me a message so we can start the conversation.

Thanks,

James

I know this is a shot in the dark, but I know there are a lot of really skilled guys on here so I thought I would throw this out there.

I am currently looking to hire experienced auto tech, painters, detailers, and car buyers for a new company located in Oxford, NC

We pay the highest salaries in the industry, offer a 3 Day work week, and simply have the best facilities in the industry. All equipment is 100% brand new and state of the art. The facility is air conditioned. Plus we offer our tech unheard of perks such as NFL style locker room, massage chairs, individual showers, etc.

We offer the best of everything for our techs and we are looking to hire the best out there. If you are interested in learning more, please shoot me a message so we can start the conversation.

Thanks,

James
Not interested or qualified but very curious on what this company does.

Not interested or qualified but very curious on what this company does.
Well for one, they do marketing pretty well!

Are they replacing outfits like Drive-Time, or just competing with them?
We actually do not sell any vehicles to individual buyers, besides our own employees. We supply them to dealers and various wholesalers. So in theory Drive-Time could purchase them through us, but at the moment we are not talking on any additional clients.

Back