Job Hook Ups

- 5 heads 1st shift warehouse ($15+/hr DOE)
- 2 heads batching/compounding on 1st shift ($18+hr/DOE)
- 2 heads batching/compounding on 2nd shift (will be part of a 2nd shift trio, batching some nights, sanitizing batching tanks/pumps/hoses other nights) ($18+/hr DOE)
- 1 Accounting Clerk ($18+/hr DOE)

Looking for myself. Getting ready to leave the army. I’m planning to have at a minimum an a class cdl. Location will be close to the Mount Pleasant area. Need to be outside, solo type work environment is great. Give direction, execute, report back type of scenario would be AMAZING. Self motivated and purpose driven.
Really open to numerous options but need to have something to do to put some money in the pocket.
Employer will have to understand I also have a family and a farm that would possibly necessitate a day off from time to time and not be gone from dark to dark (given the season).

Any leads would be great.

Projected timeline is: going on leave 15 July 2022. Completely separated 30 September.

Looking for myself. Getting ready to leave the army. I’m planning to have at a minimum an a class cdl. Location will be close to the Mount Pleasant area. Need to be outside, solo type work environment is great. Give direction, execute, report back type of scenario would be AMAZING. Self motivated and purpose driven.
Really open to numerous options but need to have something to do to put some money in the pocket.
Employer will have to understand I also have a family and a farm that would possibly necessitate a day off from time to time and not be gone from dark to dark (given the season).

Any leads would be great.

Projected timeline is: going on leave 15 July 2022. Completely separated 30 September.
Not sure if it's something you would entertain, but just a thought from an owner operator. If you are going to have a class A CDL think about buying your own truck and trailer. Maybe haul for local farmers with a hopper or dump wagon during season or being around Mount Pleasant I would say you could get in on hauling logs or lumber local with a flatbed. Then you could make your own schedule, be your own boss, make a good living if you run it right, and have a vehicle that can literally make you money no matter what you do with it. Only problem these days is finding an older but decent shape truck for decent money, and insurance depending on experience. Again just thought I would throw the idea out there to see it's something you had thought about. Hey if your interested I have an older Volvo sleeper truck in pretty decent shape I will sell around $18,000.

Not sure if it's something you would entertain, but just a thought from an owner operator. If you are going to have a class A CDL think about buying your own truck and trailer. Maybe haul for local farmers with a hopper or dump wagon during season or being around Mount Pleasant I would say you could get in on hauling logs or lumber local with a flatbed. Then you could make your own schedule, be your own boss, make a good living if you run it right, and have a vehicle that can literally make you money no matter what you do with it. Only problem these days is finding an older but decent shape truck for decent money, and insurance depending on experience. Again just thought I would throw the idea out there to see it's something you had thought about. Hey if your interested I have an older Volvo sleeper truck in pretty decent shape I will sell around $18,000.
Speaking of this, you might also consider buying the tractor [at least] & hauling trailer dumps, that supply Concrete, & Asphalt plants. I'm in the quarry, almost every day, & the Trailers Run, run, run. They haul sand also, out of Pageland, mostly. Some start with a load or two, of sand, at 3 -4 am, then switch to stone, by 7am. Outfits like Reynolds [Bruce], also haul concrete pipe, to job sites. Reynolds owns most of the trailers [I think], & some tractors. The rest are independent contractors.

Speaking of this, you might also consider buying the tractor [at least] & hauling trailer dumps, that supply Concrete, & Asphalt plants. I'm in the quarry, almost every day, & the Trailers Run, run, run. They haul sand also, out of Pageland, mostly. Some start with a load or two, of sand, at 3 -4 am, then switch to stone, by 7am. Outfits like Reynolds [Bruce], also haul concrete pipe, to job sites. Reynolds owns most of the trailers [I think], & some tractors. The rest are independent contractors.
You sir are correct. Bruce Reynolds is a good man to get hooked up with, he is into a lot of good ways to make money, he owns the trailers and carries the insurance on them, I do know if you haul bulk (pneumatic) tanker for him, he will actually finance the price of putting a blower on the truck. I'm in dump trucks myself. Around the triad our concrete sand comes out of Candor, but most of our concrete plants do not pay very well for time it takes to make a turn around from the triad to Candor. Prices could be different down there so I can't speak on that myself. Rock prices are pretty decent, but with places like Trexler and now Hilco that pay their guys like shit and run cheaper, it's harder to get into hauling for concrete and asphalt plants again at least in the triad area.

Now personally I would suggest looking into a sleeper truck (even staying local) and flatbed or hopper, or something similar because of the reasonably less cost to do everything yourself and be in business. Example, dump wagon, you need a light truck, more so than other things, right now the prices of a day cab (especially with a wet line or blower) are surprisingly higher than a similar sleeper truck. In the same aspect the price of a good dump trailer is up right now, while a decent flatbed or hopper bottom can be picked up very reasonable.

Now don't get me wrong, I am absolutely not trying to discourage against one or the other (as a matter of fact I'm the complete opposite, I am all for people going out on there own and making it because the industry is filled with to many selfish people that think they have to keep everything to themselves), but as an owner that deals in the aggregate industry everyday, concrete plants, asphalt, sand, I know how it can be a little harder to get into when new, and know that other things can most of the time be a little better money maker. Shoot I know people hate container hauling but I have a contact right now, $1,000 a day, to Norfolk and back to Martinsville, no port, no twic, run under a company authority, base plate and insurance paid. If I could find an experienced driver I would have my Volvo on it, on a regular day it's a good $500 in the bank. I want to make sure I make it clear my perspective is from the triad area and damn near 20 years in the dump truck and aggregate industry, I don't have many contacts in southern NC so it could be different. Being very honest, if I had it to do over again, I'm not real sure dumps would have been my first choice due to many factors, the only reason I went with it is literally all my experience and contacts were in dump trucks and it was so easy for me to get into. As soon as my business grows to where I can branch out away from aggregate and dump truck related things I will be doing so.

Very nice article toyota231 ! We do have Trexler, here, but rare to see Hilco. Bruce & I go Way back to when he moved to Charlotte with his 1 personal truck. I drove for Concrete Supply, for 10 years. Back then Bruce hung out at the South plant, where I was stationed. At that time Concrete Supply, ran their own tankers, & Bruce supplied the aggerate. Years later I had to go pick up some concrete pipe, & There was Bruce! Probably the last time I saw him too, sad to say!

Company I work for Carotek in Matthews is hiring for several positions including field service techs and panel shop techs. If anyone is interested or know someone interested let me know (I can get referral credit). We build industrial process skids, electrical panels and sale valves, pumps and instrumentation.

Also have positions in GA, TN and VA.

Job listing page

Company page

Company I work for Carotek in Matthews is hiring for several positions including field service techs and panel shop techs. If anyone is interested or know someone interested let me know (I can get referral credit). We build industrial process skids, electrical panels and sale valves, pumps and instrumentation.

Job listing page

Company page
Obviously their HR department's judgement has gone downhill considering that they hired @ncsutj, but I used to work there and can vouch that it's a good place to work. :D

Job listing page

Company page
Nice flowers and grounds in the company vid! lol

Have a handful of roles that might pique some interest here:

Maintenance:
- 3-4 Maintenance techs, $25-30/hr. (Roles are open as a result of growth, retirement and health issues).
- Maintenance Supervisor/Manager, $60-100k DOE. The more automation/innovation experience/exposure the better
- Actively opening a secondary plant, roughly 6,000sq/ft, half mile from the main plant
- Actively repurposing about 5,000sq/ft of offsite warehouse space (half mile from the main plant) for a dedicated maintenance work shop (ie welding, equipment testing, rebuilds, etc)
- Will be working on anything from viscous diaphragm (or worm gear) pumps, jacketed tanks, 75yo hot fill lines, fully automated fill lines, cartoners, sleevers, servos, piston drives, etc
- The supervisor/manager will report to my plant manager, and will manage the techs I'm looking for, plus my facilities associate and 4 active maintenance heads on 1st/2nd shift

Warehousing:
- Assistant Warehouse Supervisor, $50k/yr. New role
- Must have experience/exposure to shipping/receiving/cycle counting/order picking/fork lifts, etc
- This role will report to my Warehouse manager
- Department currently has 15 heads and is expanding to a split/2nd shift
- Roughly 30,000 sq/ft of warehouse space at the primary plant and roughly another 50-60k offsite

Quality:
- 2nd Shift QA Supervisor, $55k, previous employee promoted
- Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, weight checks, process checks, line clearance approvals, validation, finished good checks, etc
- This role will have 2 direct reports on 2nd shift.

Looking for a change. Haven't been happy with the company I'm with for a while. Looking to stay in the steel fab/construction area in the field, but not dead set on it. Skills include project management, field rep, sales, estimating, driving lulls and man lifts, OSHA30 certified, and steel detailing.

Last edited:
Looking for a change. Haven't been happy with the company I'm with for a while. Looking to stay in the steel fab/construction area in the field, but not dead set on it. Skills include project management, field rep, sales, estimating, driving lulls and man lifts, and steel detailing.

Doesn't help much today...but Nucor is putting a new mill (sheet, I believe) in Lexington. Roughly 200ish jobs, sounds like they already have their management card installed too. If steel is your game, it's always good to get your name on their list early. I, personally, liked corporate Nucor (Charlotte) a helluvalot more than business unit Nucor (Hertford County). The business unit level always seemed to be more about buying loyalty and subordination than anything...but they do pay damn well.

Doesn't help much today...but Nucor is putting a new mill (sheet, I believe) in Lexington. Roughly 200ish jobs, sounds like they already have their management card installed too. If steel is your game, it's always good to get your name on their list early. I, personally, liked corporate Nucor (Charlotte) a helluvalot more than business unit Nucor (Hertford County). The business unit level always seemed to be more about buying loyalty and subordination than anything...but they do pay damn well.

Thanks for the lead. Ill look into it. Lexington isnt too far, especially for the right price.

especially for the right price.

Might have been modified since I was there, but Nucor offers 'market' wages as the base. So you might take a job that 'only' pays $18/hr...but then there's a production multiplier, and I never saw a plate or slab mill hit less than 150% productivity bonus on a weekly basis...which now means you're making a minimum $27/hr...a 200% productivity bonus means $36/hr...bank OT during those weeks, you're getting 1.5x the first 10 hours and 2x after that. Nucor takes safety as seriously as anyone I've seen before, so then there was a safety multiplier as well, which usually added another $4-5/hr. They also had a killer profit sharing program. It wasn't unusual for first year employees to be seeing $70-80k pretty easily.

Might have been modified since I was there, but Nucor offers 'market' wages as the base. So you might take a job that 'only' pays $18/hr...but then there's a production multiplier, and I never saw a plate or slab mill hit less than 150% productivity bonus on a weekly basis...which now means you're making a minimum $27/hr...a 200% productivity bonus means $36/hr...bank OT during those weeks, you're getting 1.5x the first 10 hours and 2x after that. Nucor takes safety as seriously as anyone I've seen before, so then there was a safety multiplier as well, which usually added another $4-5/hr. They also had a killer profit sharing program. It wasn't unusual for first year employees to be seeing $70-80k pretty easily.

Ok, now youve got my attention. Ill reach out to them and see what happens. Thanks again.

Casey Jones Trucking, where I work, is in need of a Class B Dump truck driver! Based in the Stanley/Lucia NC area. 704-400-6696
Text might get a quicker response.

Attachments

• IMG_20190903_131717829_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190903_131717829_HDR.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 97
Their motto must be “You better watch your speed” and lay off the coke brother🤷‍♂️
Really not following your thoughts, but 1 driver shit talked himself out of a job, & another returned to a better benefit, with a former employer. I been with Casey for over 10 years. Seven as full time, & then dropped to part time. One of the best places I ever worked!

Really not following your thoughts, but 1 driver shit talked himself out of a job, & another returned to a better benefit, with a former employer. I been with Casey for over 10 years. Seven as full time, & then dropped to part time. One of the best places I ever worked!
It’s a great full dead song reference, no offense intended

Last edited:
Back