Killer Weldz Thread

syncrowave 180 now for sale....... guess I better get this dialed in and post some charactures.

uploadfromtaptalk1407540572747.jpg

Yeah.... you wont be seeing me post any pics in here. :(

errrrrr no add sold today! And I've managed to make some money with the new blue slippers. Dynasty machines make portable work much less headache and much higher quality than previous rigs I've used, and stainless off of 110 volt to boot!

The Dynasty's shine on aluminum. So much less power consuming and power 'right now. You can weld aluminum all day, rather than cracking breakers. They are great for production purposes like Alex is needing. Lots of settings and tunability.

I am doing more mig welding than ever. I wish I could find a Panasonic Gun Slinger 250. Anyone have one for sale?

LI
I'm looking forward to the day I'm making Dynasty money. That's one purchase I won't have to think hard on.
you just have to save, for like a year or so!

For all you guys that want a dynasty you should look into the theral arc 186 ac/dc. Last year I needed a new machine. Work was picking way up and I was doing a lot of thin aluminum work. I couldn't justify buying a dynasty but I still needed all the features like pulse and variable AC frequency.
It's a 200 amp machine so it won't quite do what a d280 or 350 can do but for general fab like most of us do its plenty. I've used it, dynasty's and many other tig machines and can hardly tell a difference between it and the dynasty in fact it may even have a few more features than one. Plus it can be had for a third the cost of one. I carries the same warranty too. (although finding a licensed repair shop may be a bit harder than miller)

Capacity is the killer for me. I'd love to have a TA unit, but there's been many a time where I found myself running .250-.500 aluminum. Doing repair work finds me digging into bellhousings and stuff. I'd rather have the current and duty cycle to handle anything I might come across. I've run 50% helium with good results for extending my capacity, but in a small shop, it's hard to justify the added expense. The size is nice, too. I could live with a big Syncrowave, but that's just it. It's a hoss. Someday, though. Someday.
For all you guys that want a dynasty you should look into the theral arc 186 ac/dc. Last year I needed a new machine. Work was picking way up and I was doing a lot of thin aluminum work. I couldn't justify buying a dynasty but I still needed all the features like pulse and variable AC frequency.
It's a 200 amp machine so it won't quite do what a d280 or 350 can do but for general fab like most of us do its plenty. I've used it, dynasty's and many other tig machines and can hardly tell a difference between it and the dynasty in fact it may even have a few more features than one. Plus it can be had for a third the cost of one. I carries the same warranty too. (although finding a licensed repair shop may be a bit harder than miller)

I didn't get a big dynasty, but I did get a huge step up from my 180 syncrowave. The 200 was perfect for me for portability and super efficiency. Excellent arc control on thin material is what I was after. As far as super thick stuff like castings or aluminum forgings I always use serious preheat and multiple passes. I honestly would love to see why in the world anybody would TIG weld any were near the capacity of a 350 machine. Maybe big electrodes or large carbon arc rods on the Stick feature. I can't imagine the tungsten or hand torch required for that kind of amperage.

I didn't get a big dynasty, but I did get a huge step up from my 180 syncrowave. The 200 was perfect for me for portability and super efficiency. Excellent arc control on thin material is what I was after. As far as super thick stuff like castings or aluminum forgings I always use serious preheat and multiple passes. I honestly would love to see why in the world anybody would TIG weld any were near the capacity of a 350 machine. Maybe big electrodes or large carbon arc rods on the Stick feature. I can't imagine the tungsten or hand torch required for that kind of amperage.
I had a Syncrowave 500 for a while, and the actual max output was 625amps, not no measly 500, haha. I had it wired on 220 3 phase to a 50 amp breaker, and sometimes just turning it on would trip the breaker! I never used it past about 275 amps, but I can't imagine was 625 would be like. It might make an actual puddle of what you are welding.

I remember that 500. That was a big damn machine! I used to push the Syncrowave 250 out to 300 on a fairly regular basis. 350A water cooled torch and 3/16 tungsten. I could weld 3/8 all day, and could get a decent weld in 1" without preheat.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Finally got some time to practice on some scrap at work and to try out this old as dirt Miller.

Not killer, but not bad for my standards.
20140919_122745.jpg
20140919_120306.jpg
20140919_101344.jpg

Last edited:
I've used one of those, good machines. Although the dial didn't correspond with the actual heat output. The analogue gauges were fun to what and really cool when you fiddled around with different stick outs and ranges of wire speed. It reallyu proved how dramatically those variables affected current and amperage during the wire transfer.

Thanks for the offer and texting me the info. Wish I could swing it.

Looks like Marsfab has a welder for sale!

Last edited by a moderator:
Staggered welds throughout the arm to keep the heat down

View attachment 167395

not sure what you processes are but, this may help you get faster with the same quality. Try tacking the entire piece solid. Then run 4 or 5 inches of weld on that type of material. Have 10 or so, decently heavy blocks of aluminum sitting by. After you run your first 4 or 5 inches, start clamping the aluminum blocks to the outside of the fillet. When you stop the weld at the end of the heat sink, clamp a cold one on it and rock out again. and repeat. Would be cool to see what happens. I bet you can get it running pretty good.

Back