Killer Weldz Thread

Picked up this little guy yesterday. It's a 141 Miller. We filled it with .025 wire and it will stay on the jig table welding .085 and .095 tube for the majority of its life. I'm very impressed with how it does, especially for $700.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420760204518.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420760204518.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 291
remember fellas its a controlled short circuit, you gotta have the spark to make the pool. The wire is just filler, this is the reason for greater puddle control, uniformity, and overall smaller tighter weld pools. For you fella's struggling with .035 you need to do one of three things. maybe all at once. TURN up the voltage, TUrn up the over all travel speed. And most likely buy a bigger machine (easp. you 110 lovers.) Seriously though smaller wire requires less of the weld energy to make the filler molten. Regardless of what filler is used you gotta insure that same arc is also making the base metal do the same. The true "tell" of both happening is weld bead profile and secondly consistency.

Soap on a rope? Nope. Tig on a stick!
0209151134.jpg
not my best work but maybe my deepest penetration
0209151134a.jpg

Aren't you just a crafty m f'r lol. That's pretty impressive.

Here's my weekly entry. I believe this was to the tune of "Pencil fight" by Atomship great tune. Awesome band. If you've never heard of them you really should get to youtubin.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yep, had a 2 inch or less gap to work with. Welds were 14 inches straight down from the top. Needed about five 2 inch long beads to hold a panel on an extrusion on the Ladder truck. One vertical bead 12 inches long. The only other method was to pull the water tank and remove all the related valves and set the truck up out side. Then pull the 500 gallon tank. The insurance company quote didn't allow for this in the estimate. So I unhooked the thumb control, plugged in the foot pedal and grabbed a few full length rods. Steadied the Tig on a stick by wedging against the truck, filler against the plastic tank. Worked one heavy pulse at a time to put it in. The cup hid the entire vertical bead, sorta shot from the hip on it. Saved a day and a half on the job.

Very nice. A fusion weld on a stick is one thing but introducing filler that far away from you and actually hitting the puddle with the end of a tiny flimsy rod is more than I'd ever wanna tackle.

little SMAW or the right "on a Stick" welding...7018 1/8 rods. Stringer Beads.
trencher close up angle.jpg
trencher close up.jpg

Gotta be able to do it in tight spots out of position too...
Did you steal that quote from the job description I made for my wife?

Back