Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

Ram had a nice green color in the early 2010's as well. Wonder why the color fell off across the board?

Duane
I always like the sage green over gold like my wife’s truck and the old dually I had. They are 2012 and 2011 respectively.

Yes, we had matching trucks for a while and no, I didn’t intend it they just came across my path and we’re both great purchases.
7C314D98-7F2C-477F-99E5-11377709ACD9.jpeg
2CED3B95-9344-4AC6-ABE2-480414AB4F20.jpeg

Ram had a nice green color in the early 2010's as well. Wonder why the color fell off across the board?

Duane

They (the mfg) figured out that it doesn't matter what color they are or how ugly they make them, people will still buy them!

I always like the sage green over gold like my wife’s truck and the old dually I had. They are 2012 and 2011 respectively.

Yes, we had matching trucks for a while and no, I didn’t intend it they just came across my path and we’re both great purchases. View attachment 386344View attachment 386345

I forgot about the sage green. I had to look it up, but it was called Hunter Green Pearl. Not the best pic because of the glare, but it is a mega cab so it gets a pass lol:

44139089.jpg

They (the mfg) figured out that it doesn't matter what color they are or how ugly they make them, people will still buy them!

Well, you're not wrong lol.

Duane

I’d buy a new 250 if I can get it green and Tremor package. I was told commercial has a larger color selection and there is a green. One was posted on the 7.3 gas FB. I just don’t know how to make it happen. Yet.

Not sure if this is what you're talking about but as far as I know it was only offered in 2012 laramies and longhorns and definitely my favorite. I too have two matching rams. Called sagebrush pearl.View attachment 386376

That is pretty too, but not what I was thinking of. It was the Hunter Green Pearl I shared after went and looked it up. Ram had some beautiful color options, but many were short lived.

Duane

Wife’s truck. It’s rated for it. Kaufman Premium 8.5x24’ rated at 10k. Decked it out with my comforts and there’s more to add soon enough. List of additions:
-fridge
-microwave
-shower
-cassette toilet
-bed
-table and cabinet for kitchen duties
View attachment 386198
View attachment 386199
View attachment 386200
I have been passively entertaining the idea of getting something similar to pull behind my F-150. I really like the direction you're going with this trailer. Would love to hear what your experience is like pulling this with your buggy and all your gear behind a half-ton. Also, does your buggy squeeze between the fenders, or are they drive over fenders?

I have been passively entertaining the idea of getting something similar to pull behind my F-150. I really like the direction you're going with this trailer. Would love to hear what your experience is like pulling this with your buggy and all your gear behind a half-ton. Also, does your buggy squeeze between the fenders, or are they drive over fenders?
First real tow was hauling the buggy down from Mt. Airy getting it home. If you include the bed full of extra fluids and parts that I cleaned off the shelves at CutlerFab, it’s probably pretty close to what I’d be towing on a trip. Truck is a 2015, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8 speed auto, with factory 3.92 gears. Truck has also been dropped 2” front and 4” rear. Coil sprung 4 link that I’ve added 1000# helper bags inside the coils. Reese 10k weight distribution hitch. No issues at all with power or keeping things cool, but I haven’t climbed a super steep grade yet. I used the cruise control set on 70 and the computer tells me I got 7.1 mpg over the two and a half hour ride. Suspension was pretty comfortable cruising. I didn’t notice any bottoming out and I personally didn’t feel like I hit the bump stops a single time. As compared to my heavier duty trucks I’ve owned in the past, the rear suspension is softer than I prefer, but by no means unmanageable. Keep in mind that this truck is free to me because it’s the wife’s and she paid for it. I’m debating on putting the stock suspension back in (2 hours in the garage with my boys) so I can put my 2000# bags back in. I’m also considering getting some E rated tires to firm it up a little more. For right now, it’s staying as is until a “need” arises. As Cleetus would say, “I’m gonna just send it”. As for the fenders, I do not fit between them. I have to drive over one and it’s plenty sturdy from the manufacturer. I’m gonna build two triangles for front and rear of the driver side box to make the transition easier on the box. The front axle is the widest and the tires also pluck the wire door guides like guitar strings on the way out.

First real tow was hauling the buggy down from Mt. Airy getting it home. If you include the bed full of extra fluids and parts that I cleaned off the shelves at CutlerFab, it’s probably pretty close to what I’d be towing on a trip. Truck is a 2015, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8 speed auto, with factory 3.92 gears. Truck has also been dropped 2” front and 4” rear. Coil sprung 4 link that I’ve added 1000# helper bags inside the coils. Reese 10k weight distribution hitch. No issues at all with power or keeping things cool, but I haven’t climbed a super steep grade yet. I used the cruise control set on 70 and the computer tells me I got 7.1 mpg over the two and a half hour ride. Suspension was pretty comfortable cruising. I didn’t notice any bottoming out and I personally didn’t feel like I hit the bump stops a single time. As compared to my heavier duty trucks I’ve owned in the past, the rear suspension is softer than I prefer, but by no means unmanageable. Keep in mind that this truck is free to me because it’s the wife’s and she paid for it. I’m debating on putting the stock suspension back in (2 hours in the garage with my boys) so I can put my 2000# bags back in. I’m also considering getting some E rated tires to firm it up a little more. For right now, it’s staying as is until a “need” arises. As Cleetus would say, “I’m gonna just send it”. As for the fenders, I do not fit between them. I have to drive over one and it’s plenty sturdy from the manufacturer. I’m gonna build two triangles for front and rear of the driver side box to make the transition easier on the box. The front axle is the widest and the tires also pluck the wire door guides like guitar strings on the way out.
That's kind of how I have looked at my F150 these past few years. It's a 2016 with the 5.0, 6 speed, 4wd and I believe 3.55 gears. It has towed my 20' 10k open trailer and and various buggies fine without a "need" to do anything to it. I did put E rated tires on it, but haven't done anything else to the truck, and I don't use a WDH. I'm at a juncture with this truck where I'm either going to sell it soon to get some money out of it then get a 3/4 ton, or I'm going to keep it and drive it until the wheels fall off. But it's good to see that you're able to pull your setup relatively comfortably.

So the CJ5 fits in the camper???
I've thought about looking at something like that and wondered. Got any pics of the 5 in it?
What is the trailer weight?
Will be putting the CJ5 in soon. Did a lot of measuring before buying. 13' garage. Jeep is 11.5' long. Ramp is rated for 3k.
Trailer is 13500 dry. CJ-5 is about 2200 (fiberglass body, aluminum wheels). So we'll be (easily) pushing the 16500 GVRW. Keep trying to get the wife not to get cast iron pans, lol.
I'd still like to have a Sundowner. So much lighter. Maybe one day.

I forgot about the sage green. I had to look it up, but it was called Hunter Green Pearl. Not the best pic because of the glare, but it is a mega cab so it gets a pass lol:

View attachment 386364

Well, you're not wrong lol.

Duane
I had to Dig Way back to find 2 decent pictures of my 98 Chevy. I ''think", it was called Hunter Green. Odd that Chevy /GMC, had two, if not three, similar Greens in 98, or within a year or two of that!

Attachments

• cell pic import 020.jpg
    cell pic import 020.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 89
  • cell pic import 021.jpg
    cell pic import 021.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 84
Homemade crawler “u”hauler

Attachments

• 162DD6E2-9EB1-4DE3-B5BA-746893B02720.jpeg
    162DD6E2-9EB1-4DE3-B5BA-746893B02720.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 0CE6C77B-BC0A-4BC1-AD08-FE4D37E0F2ED.jpeg
    0CE6C77B-BC0A-4BC1-AD08-FE4D37E0F2ED.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 146
  • F3F5BB5B-02A8-464C-8F71-7018B56155C2.jpeg
    F3F5BB5B-02A8-464C-8F71-7018B56155C2.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 143
  • B8E5841D-66E4-4E28-832D-654F81A274FD.jpeg
    B8E5841D-66E4-4E28-832D-654F81A274FD.jpeg
    307.9 KB · Views: 143
I had to Dig Way back to find 2 decent pictures of my 98 Chevy. I ''think", it was called Hunter Green. Odd that Chevy /GMC, had two, if not three, similar Greens in 98, or within a year or two of that!
The best green; I think my 2000 K3500 is that same color. I had an old Suburban that was green and silver two-tone, that was my favorite GM color until I got my 96 K2500 in Dark Hunt Club Red.

Attachments

• PXL_20221125_183427651.jpg
    PXL_20221125_183427651.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 72
Had to go pick up my buddy's work truck today. The fuel pump quit. His employee hopped in to steer it up on the trailer...or so we thought.

Laaawwwddd hammercy. I laughed and laughed and laughed. Everyone and everything was fine. I just jacked it up and inched it over with a prybar under the axle of the jack.

I still have no idea how he managed to drive over that big ass fender with such a low slung truck...

We were actually behind that old Pak-A-Sak, where there are houses, when it happened. I pulled out front to have some room. Unloading was far less entertaining.

Good to know the fenders are pretty damn stout though!

20221213_132824.jpg

20221213_133206.jpg

20221213_133219.jpg

Had to go pick up my buddy's work truck today. The fuel pump quit. His employee hopped in to steer it up on the trailer...or so we thought.

Laaawwwddd hammercy. I laughed and laughed and laughed. Everyone and everything was fine. I just jacked it up and inched it over with a prybar under the axle of the jack.

I still have no idea how he managed to drive over that big ass fender with such a low slung truck...

We were actually behind that old Pak-A-Sak, where there are houses, when it happened. I pulled out front to have some room. Unloading was far less entertaining.

Good to know the fenders are pretty damn stout though!
That buddy isn't a machinist is he? Eyeball calipers may need to be calibrated again if so!

Nope, he cuts grass. He pulled it on the trailer, but the guy working for him was "steering" it up there. He said he didn't have any steering...well duh...it wasn't running!

Here's one of mine, it's my usual go to unless I'm pulling a gooseneck or 5th wheel. Sorry the pics suck, it was late when we got back from picking up Doc's G35 and this is where I landed in my drive and snapped pics Saturday before unloading my birthday gift! If I'm traveling alone I usually opt for my rollback, but reg cab + 2-3 dogs + wife = SUCKS swapping gears :) I'm still Super duty at heart! Just use one of my Dodges when I'm in a hurry and know I have a Ford to come to my rescue when my transmission decides it's had enough! Also, for what it's worth, I had a pretty cool birthday weekend, brought home the G35 and a Cruiser!

Attachments

• IMG_20221217_145851427_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221217_145851427_HDR.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20221217_145830450_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221217_145830450_HDR.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20221217_150007284_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221217_150007284_HDR.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20221217_145947304_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221217_145947304_HDR.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20221217_150037325_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221217_150037325_HDR.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 89
Here's one of mine, it's my usual go to unless I'm pulling a gooseneck or 5th wheel. Sorry the pics suck, it was late when we got back from picking up Doc's G35 and this is where I landed in my drive and snapped pics Saturday before unloading my birthday gift! If I'm traveling alone I usually opt for my rollback, but reg cab + 2-3 dogs + wife = SUCKS swapping gears :) I'm still Super duty at heart! Just use one of my Dodges when I'm in a hurry and know I have a Ford to come to my rescue when my transmission decides it's had enough! Also, for what it's worth, I had a pretty cool birthday weekend, brought home the G35 and a Cruiser!
Thanks for buying Doc’s G35 so I didn’t have to.

Thanks for buying Doc’s G35 so I didn’t have to.
I love it, although gifting it to myself was probably a poor decision on my part. I narrowed down the misfire, killing 1 cylinder at a time with my scanner and haven't stopped driving it to/from work since. Ended up being a bad coil on cyl #3 so I replaced the coil/plug and rolled with it. I'll eventually get around to doing the other 5 but it was later Sunday evening and I was tired of being at the shop for the day. Apparently the roads around here are worthless when it comes to traction, for the life of me I can't figure out how not to go sideways from stoplights and down-shifting turns/curves. I'm gonna end up with more $ in lawyer fees than the car. I plan to upgrade the clutch and flywheel if I can find the time next month or so. I think that'll make it or break it.......probably break it, but oh well, it'll be fun while it last!

I found this tonight (well last night now) while I was trying to find a pic of my wife's 2 door 57 belair to prove to our 9 yo daughter that we have one of those out in the shop at the house. (I now realize how much I truly suck at being a dad and a husband) Speaking on my behalf, I lost my Dad 1/5/23, technically he was gone Christmas night when He and Mom got home from our house, but His official date of death was wed. jan. 5th 2023. I've invested so much time into running now my/our (wife and daughter) shop (Dad founded in 1980) that I've neglected the One's that are most important to me (wife and daughter). THAT'S GOING TO CHANGE. I still have the F250 but the trailer is gone. I towed this for a friend/customer (now deceased) after the IPR valve failed (He purchased from ebay) and I installed. Looking back, he was pissed at me due to his faulty part that I simply installed. For what it's worth, I'm more of an asshole now than I was then and the me now would handle the situation totally different. I towed his rollback to the shop and replaced his faulty part free of charge (bent the ramps on my trailer in the process). Anywho, this is one of my favorite, most dependable trucks to date. It's an 03 7.3 4wd F250, it now has a leveling kit, larger wheels/tires, ranch hands and a camper shell. The ironic part of it, I bought this particular truck, along with many others from this customer and his brother (also deceased). On a more happy note, I had to include a couple good time pictures as well! And yes, both xj's came from this board/family! Considering how I drive, I brought 3 this day to URE so I could have a spare for the spare. And in my true fashion, I shredded the right rear tire on the race jeep going up the rocky part of Dickey Bell ? near the metal cross in the tree and continued on 3 tires and a bashed beadlock throughout the rest of the trails. Needless to say, my brother and I received many ? stares, you've got a flat comments, and who knows what else. It was fun, honestly, probably one of the best memories along with riding atvs and dirtbikes with my Dad and brother's as a kid that I have of URE to this date!

Attachments

• DSCN5460.JPG
    DSCN5460.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN6059.JPG
    DSCN6059.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN6054.JPG
    DSCN6054.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 101
I found this tonight (well last night now) while I was trying to find a pic of my wife's 2 door 57 belair to prove to our 9 yo daughter that we have one of those out in the shop at the house. (I now realize how much I truly suck at being a dad and a husband) Speaking on my behalf, I lost my Dad 1/5/23, technically he was gone Christmas night when He and Mom got home from our house, but His official date of death was wed. jan. 5th 2023. I've invested so much time into running now my/our (wife and daughter) shop (Dad founded in 1980) that I've neglected the One's that are most important to me (wife and daughter). THAT'S GOING TO CHANGE. I still have the F250 but the trailer is gone. I towed this for a friend/customer (now deceased) after the IPR valve failed (He purchased from ebay) and I installed. Looking back, he was pissed at me due to his faulty part that I simply installed. For what it's worth, I'm more of an asshole now than I was then and the me now would handle the situation totally different. I towed his rollback to the shop and replaced his faulty part free of charge (bent the ramps on my trailer in the process). Anywho, this is one of my favorite, most dependable trucks to date. It's an 03 7.3 4wd F250, it now has a leveling kit, larger wheels/tires, ranch hands and a camper shell. The ironic part of it, I bought this particular truck, along with many others from this customer and his brother (also deceased). On a more happy note, I had to include a couple good time pictures as well! And yes, both xj's came from this board/family! Considering how I drive, I brought 3 this day to URE so I could have a spare for the spare. And in my true fashion, I shredded the right rear tire on the race jeep going up the rocky part of Dickey Bell ? near the metal cross in the tree and continued on 3 tires and a bashed beadlock throughout the rest of the trails. Needless to say, my brother and I received many ? stares, you've got a flat comments, and who knows what else. It was fun, honestly, probably one of the best memories along with riding atvs and dirtbikes with my Dad and brother's as a kid that I have of URE to this date!
I need a roll back in my life :laughing:

Back