Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

View attachment 369207

My tow rig on Jody’s tow setup. Here’s the story, I bought this truck last Wednesday from a Chevy dealership. This morning I left Fayetteville with a few stops planned but overall heading to Pigeon Forge TN to visit family. I towed a little trailer up to my buddy’s shop with no problems what so ever. As I was on 40 coming across the Triad it seamed to of lost power and just revved up. After a few times of this I stopped and checked fluid. It had fluid so I got back in and it drove fine until about 3/4 mile from Jody’s shop. Sitting at a light it felt like I got rear ended and that was it. Let off the brakes and it just rolled backwards down the hill. Played with it for a few and eventually I was able to limp it to Jody’s shop. After going back and forth with the dealership I bought it from they eventually told me to get it to the Chevy dealership in Asheville. We loaded it up as seen in the pictures and towed it to sunshine Chevrolet. They said there was nothing they would do about it so now I’m waiting for the dealership I bought it from to tow it all the way back to Fayetteville. I also got them to cover my rental car for the week I’m traveling. Getting a rental turned into a whole big deal too. This whole day has been a nightmare, but as Jody told me “it could of happened somewhere else, like in the gorge.” Believe it or not this is actually the shortened version of today.
@Tails any updates?

Not really the dealership I bought the truck from has it scheduled to be picked up from Asheville. Not sure of when, I asked earlier today and they were not sure. Still a waiting game.
What about the rental "situation". Are they giving you additional time?

A friend of mine bought a skid steer from an online auction and had me go pick it up for him today. Got a whopping 7 mpg on the way home with it. But it pulled it just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20220401_155838897_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220401_155838897_HDR.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 138
20220331_072317.jpg

Still sitting in the side yard pulling trailer duty so I can keep everything mowed. Still trying to scrape together the funds to get the transmission kit so I can get it back on the road. Going to get back on selling my 99 to fund this and pay off some other stuff. I don't want it to go all to hell from sitting too long. Plus, I need it for work traveling.

View attachment 370105

Still sitting in the side yard pulling trailer duty so I can keep everything mowed. Still trying to scrape together the funds to get the transmission kit so I can get it back on the road. Going to get back on selling my 99 to fund this and pay off some other stuff. I don't want it to go all to hell from sitting too long. Plus, I need it for work traveling.
My friends keep giving me crap about my K2500 with a 454 and bumper pull equipment trailer, and how I need a Duramax and a gooseneck, and it's almost starting to get to me...
This truck and trailer combo is not helping that thought at all.

Your friend isn't wrong :D

The trailer I get to haul 4-5 times a week with my new job
This pic made me think of this thread...
Reread the whole thread, found it entertaining, especially the pre-Covid truck prices. So did you end up getting the 6.0 after all? How's the bread route working out?

Last edited:
This pic made me think of this thread...
Reread the whole thread, foudn it entertaining, especially the pre-Covid truck prices. So did you end up getting the 6.0 after all? How's the bread route working out?
Lol man that was a while ago….I ended up buying a 2wd Chevy 2500 with the 8.1 for that route back then. The deal never panned out and I kept my current job at the time, got rid of the 2wd after continually getting stuck in 2” tall wet grass on side of my house with it, bought this 7.3 for far less than the 25k it’s evidently worth today. I’ve been doing the bread route for about 2.5 months now and love it. Up at 2am Mon,Tues, Thur, Fri but done for the day around 9:30 am. Plenty of time for a nap and other productive things

Yeah it’s a bit torquey starting out. Kinda like having a manual with a granny first gear. Haven’t towed anything heavy yet. It jumps from first to third or fourth gear pretty
quick.

Yeah it’s a bit torquey starting out. Kinda like having a manual with a granny first gear. Haven’t towed anything heavy yet. It jumps from first to third or fourth gear pretty
quick.
I love my 7.3 gasser with 3.55's. I bet that extra gear gives it the go.

After a year of sorting out both the tow rig and the jeep, made my first long distance trip up to the mountains in April. The last few miles were on a winding forest service road barely wider than the trailer with about 1500ft elevation gain. The truck performed great, got around 10mpg, averaged 60-65mph. That's about as fast as I can cruise with the 4.10's and keep the 6.5 in a comfortable rpm range.

IMG_20220421_133558049_HDR.jpg

Hauling garbage for the Lazy 5, well; hauling garbage for my friend for the Lazy 5.

Attachments

• PXL_20220522_194140131.jpg
    PXL_20220522_194140131.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 88
  • PXL_20220522_194157086.jpg
    PXL_20220522_194157086.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 88
  • PXL_20220522_202536624.jpg
    PXL_20220522_202536624.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 91
From Memorial Day weekend down at the speedway; no pics of the truck hooked up to the camper so all I have is poser shots of the truck next to the camper.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1602398589~2.jpg
    Snapchat-1602398589~2.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 93
Back