Lil' Smoke kid mini buggy rock crawler

@rockcity you might be able to upload them directly to the board. Otherwise, post to vimeo or YouTube. FB and instagram (I repeat myself) want you to use their service, and make it difficult to share media.

Fuel is leaking by the overflow valve in the carb. It's brand new so I'm a little frustrated as it killed the starter since we had to start it so much

As much as its been sitting, I'd bet stuck needle or float from the gas.

@rockcity you might be able to upload them directly to the board. Otherwise, post to vimeo or YouTube. FB and instagram (I repeat myself) want you to use their service, and make it difficult to share media.

Ugh. Posting is just too much work and I'm lazy.

Guess y'all are stuck looking at a few teaser pics or forced to join FB or IG. :(

Click share button, click YouTube, done.

Got a chance to take the mini buggy to Riverbend for the get together this past weekend. Worked mostly well.

found out it has a fueling issue. I thought it was vapor lock (and it might still be somewhat) but kept playing with it for this weekend and found that the fuel in the filter bowl was empty when it kept shutting off and I couldn’t figure out why. Then I realized the kids hadn’t run it at WOT constantly. So while the carb is getting hot, it’s not getting enough fuel as the fuel pump struggles to keep up and finally dies when it can’t, thus stalling out.

time to get a higher flow fuel pump and for good measure, build a heat shield beside the carb.

I also found out the front left caliper is sticking. It didn’t show up with the kids driving. But when I put the tow bar on the mini buggy and towed it to the trails, I could smell brakes and found the caliper hanging up. It wasn’t locked up but wasn’t really releasing like it should and was getting really hot. So, time to change out the calipers up front.

D1C7FA9B-28DF-4BC1-96CF-8FA24ADDF66E.png

My son has asked me a hundred times if we can build one for him. :)

@rockcity did you ever change the steering from a few pages back when you said the wheel was too hard to turn?

Or... @jeepinmatt could just buy this because it's the perfect size! :D

I'd totally buy it and wheel it. It'd be the closest to a real buggy that I'd ever get. I could even add some power to it! And bigger tires... It'd probably get expensive real quick.

Mind posting up current specs so a guy (or gal) doesn't have to scroll through 12 pgs.? Also, to @LBarr2002 point, how big are your girls now and have they outgrown?

My girls are 12 now. They still fit but I’m sure it won’t be long before they can’t fit. The seat could be lowered another 2” and slid back about another 3-4” from what it is now; it’s still in the same position it was last year riding it and it’s tight for my girls.

Arctic cat 400cc engine
Samurai transfer case with 6.5:1
Samurai axles, rear spool and disc brake conversion. Mechanical E brake.
4 link front and rear with 14” Fox shocks
A pair of PRP kid suspension seats and Corbeau 4 point harnesses
Superwinch 4500 winch with synthetic rope
Full hydraulic steering
High and low speeds for a custom heater
LED lights
Lowrance HDS5 GPS
Rugged Radios intercom system with a pair of kids open face helmets with mic and ear pieces. PTT for the riders so they can talk to mom and dad or a spotter or whoever has a radio.
Remote kill switch for the engine but I’ve since bypassed it because my kiddos haven’t needed it.

The chassis is all powder coated metallic silver. The only thing painted pink (candy pink, which is a bit of a process to do) are the body panels; I did it this way so changing colors should be reasonably easy.

How much for that trailer?

I could be... your girls are early teens now and outgrowing?

They could probably use it another year or two. They are 12 now and it’s tight for them but there is still some adjustment left in the seats. 3-4” further back and 2” lower. I think we figured it would work comfortably for someone who was up to about 5’-4” and average size. If they are skinny, maybe taller. The girls want something faster (UTV, probably a full size rzr or similar) and a cool golf cart to cruise the neighborhood with their friends.

Back