15448019906113216291725546075814.jpg
15447999467954498389771280881658.jpg
20181214_095303.jpg
20181214_095311.jpg
20181214_095346.jpg
20181214_095332.jpg
20181214_095418.jpg
15447995980102138942994996078466.jpg

This thing came into the shop this morning. Owner bought it as is, claims to be a 71 jeep. It had dual fuel but propane set up has been removed for import from Argentina. He has had it for10 years and now wants us to make it run so he can sell it. Thought of you guys here first as my go to for strange and or rare vehicles. And it's 2wd!

Last edited:
That’s a cj6 ain’t it?

M38a1 variant of cj6 Willy’s? It’s badass that’s for sure I’d love to work on that thing keep pics of the work y’all do I wanna see finished product! Overseas military vehicles are awesome especially when they inspired some of best jeeps for civilians!

That is cool. I was going to say CJ6 variant. Looks longer than a 6 though.

That is cool. I was going to say CJ6 variant. Looks longer than a 6 though.
The military kaiser cj6 I think was what brought the cj6 to be designed for civilians and length changed for civi models!? I’m no expert tho I could be wrong on that but I thought civi cj6 came after military cj6!

Could be yours @C.Berry . he wants to sell it. Also it 2wd.
I’m gonna be selling g projects I have soon I can’t pick anything else up for awhile, especially a 2wd lol I’d cruise it tho would look good on some 35s I bet

38 inch tires and a half cab. It would then give the Gladiator a run for its money with a modern drive train.

....minus the frilly crap that makes the current models cost 30k more then they should.

38 inch tires and a half cab. It would then give the Gladiator a run for its money with a modern drive train.

....minus the frilly crap that makes the current models cost 30k more then they should.
This!!!!
Tell me this wouldn't be an epic build

I'll buy it and finance it, you build it.
I'll of course pay for labor ...

We will then cruise and throw beer cans at @Paul when we pass

DONE!! Labor rate is $1k/hr

It can be a community thing

@NC-V can do the body/paint work

@UTfball68 can do the engine

@MarsFab and @mcutler can do the fab

@Dylan W. can do the wood trim and upholstery

I'll take pics and post progress. It might end up being north of $500k to complete but we can have a heck of a build thread.

Last edited:
The front 1/4 is cool the rear 3/4 is ugly to say the least.
I've heard this said under a different context...

Body around the lower door style is wrong for a CJ6 or M38a1.

Windshield flips out
jeep ika carrozado corto

Jeep IKA was a thing in Argentina in the 60s and 70s. There are a lot of pics to be found of variants googling "Jeep IKA Kaiser Cordoba"

How much? And any pics of the inside behind the front seats?

He hasn't said a price but I can definitely ask and post it up. I'll take some interior pics Monday. The hugh fiberglass top and fiberglass doors appear to be not original. We are currently having the starter rebuild and trying to get the hydraulic clutch to work.

Coming from down there, who knows. I see pics of early Broncos with all kinds of mods of unknown origins- ambulance doors, fender wells, grilles, etc.

Looks like they mated a CJ6 with a FJ45.

It resembles a cj6 as much as a scrambler does; just in length.

Door opening is different. It’s too long. It’s length resembles a scrambler more than it does a cj6.

With it 2wd, I’d say it was more of a motorcade type vehicle. Maybe something to drive military officials around or even just a cargo transporter on a base.

Ass
Hole.
At least throw me a full beer you jerk.

Back