Lots of interesting news today

Mein Pillow

Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Someone set fire to a Police car, in Cornelius, NC, 10 or more years back. No camera or witness's. I don't think they ever found out who did it.

Here is a response I got after filling out a Petition posted by SFWDA, [I think] a few days back.
Dear Mr. Eppes:

Thank you for contacting me with your support for H.R. 5434, the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act of 2019, which was introduced during the last Congress. It is important for me to hear from constituents and I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts.

We agree that the EPA should not take actions that harm the motorsports industry, particularly in light of its positive impact on the North Carolinian and national economy. Unfortunately, federal agencies staffed by unelected bureaucrats remain unaccountable to the public for their actions, oftentimes making seemingly arbitrary decisions without consideration for how those decisions will affect people's daily lives. As you may know, H.R. 5434 was introduced in the last Congress and has not yet been reintroduced in the current 117th Congress which began on January 3rd. Please rest assured that I have taken note of your thoughts and will keep them in mind should the House consider relevant legislation in the future.

If you need more information or have additional concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me. Please use my website, www.foxx.house.gov, as a resource to learn about constituent services, legislative information and my work in Congress. If you haven't already, please sign up for my e-newsletter there for regular updates. My best wishes.
Sincerely,
(signed)
Virginia Foxx
Representative

VF/WT
Dear Mr. Eppes:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports (RPM) Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

Competitive motorsports have a long and storied history in North Carolina, and I am pleased to support this commonsense legislation that will stop the continued and unnecessary federal overreach by the EPA. Please be assured that I will continue to work on ways to protect taxpayers by rolling back government overreach and unnecessary and burdensome regulations such as this one.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please drive safely, have fun, and do not hesitate to contact me again about other important issues.

Sincerely,
TillisInformalSignature.PNG
Thom Tillis -----------------Another letter today; very similar text!
U.S. Senator

Last edited:
So how much will this cost?

So how much will this cost?
At this point does it really even matter?? Jake works for the local radio station so we listen to that station most of the time.There has been ALOT of folks who had no visitation or grave side services and were cremated since all this happened.

At this point does it really even matter?? Jake works for the local radio station so we listen to that station most of the time.There has been ALOT of folks who had no visitation or grave side services and were cremated since all this happened.
Valid point. But even simple burial or cremation is expensive.

Body donation FTMFW...

Valid point. But even simple burial or cremation is expensive.

Body donation FTMFW...
When I worked at the junk yard there were two brothers that worked there,One had kids and the other didnt.The one w kids died but none of the boys would claim his body cause they didn't wanna have to pay for the funeral.The brother claimed the body but let the sons pick the casket.ect.IIRC the total bill was like 17K or something.They cremated by biological father years ago cause it was the only way they could afford to get him home from IL.Dropped his dead ass off in a cardboard on the front porch of one of his brothers.The same brother who wound up paying for all of it.

When I worked at the junk yard there were two brothers that worked there,One had kids and the other didnt.The one w kids died but none of the boys would claim his body cause they didn't wanna have to pay for the funeral.The brother claimed the body but let the sons pick the casket.ect.IIRC the total bill was like 17K or something.They cremated by biological father years ago cause it was the only way they could afford to get him home from IL.Dropped his dead ass off in a cardboard on the front porch of one of his brothers.The same brother who wound up paying for all of it.
yup.

Body donation for me.
Zero costs to the family, other than maybe transportation, and for once in my life (?) I might actually be used for something, er, useful.

"The agents wanted to search the owner’s house, and the owner agreed because he had nothing illegal. The agents didn’t find anything against the law in the home but did want to take the owner’s legally owned firearms. The owner refused then the agents said they were just going to take a finished P80, a single kit, and two MCK stabilizers. The company’s owner once again refused the request and asked the law enforcement officials to leave his home.

The ATF agents said they would wait there until they could secure a search warrant if the owner refused to turn over the items. The owner started to call an attorney, at which point the officials said they decided not to seek a warrant that day but would in the future and then left. The only contact they left him was Detective EE Schwartz’s business card (badge: 1665) of the Anne Arundel County Police Department. Before they left, the agents took pictures of all the firearms and serial numbers to run checks."

"The agents wanted to search the owner’s house, and the owner agreed because he had nothing illegal. The agents didn’t find anything against the law in the home but did want to take the owner’s legally owned firearms. The owner refused then the agents said they were just going to take a finished P80, a single kit, and two MCK stabilizers. The company’s owner once again refused the request and asked the law enforcement officials to leave his home.

The ATF agents said they would wait there until they could secure a search warrant if the owner refused to turn over the items. The owner started to call an attorney, at which point the officials said they decided not to seek a warrant that day but would in the future and then left. The only contact they left him was Detective EE Schwartz’s business card (badge: 1665) of the Anne Arundel County Police Department. Before they left, the agents took pictures of all the firearms and serial numbers to run checks."
:flipoff: this is how this shit is going to start

Yup. Basically trying to take advantage of people not fighting when they have their rights trampled

View attachment 341382

Duane

Conversely:

Same meme may apply lol.

Duane

Taking two check Friday to a whole new level.

So I wonder what he did to piss the shop owner off so much? Looks like the typical entitled, whiny hipster type:
We've had 5 employees quit since stimulus checks hit last week, 4 have no other job lined up. The one that does is going to be a dot sign turner. 4 of the 5 quit with no notice and the fifth only gave us 4 day. I wonder how quickly I could get enough pennies to make all their last checks?

Back