Lots of interesting news today

This is something I’ve been reading about for over a year.

Johns Hopkins has done some incredible research on the possibilities including drug abuse and smoking treatment that is successful in one treatment. Depression that can be cured in one treatment for some and a period of micro-dosing for others.

The most amazing is the possibility of repairing cognitive loss in older people.

The fungus world is responsible for bazillions of underground connections in the plant world and it is amazing to think they can repair the mind. Truly a new frontier in medicine.

Why kill the bear? That's a messed up policy (of course it is...the government idiots thought of it)....the people are in the bears backyard with a unleashed annoying dog.

Humans are so dumb....we will be our own demise.

This is something I’ve been reading about for over a year.

Johns Hopkins has done some incredible research on the possibilities including drug abuse and smoking treatment that is successful in one treatment. Depression that can be cured in one treatment for some and a period of micro-dosing for others.

The most amazing is the possibility of repairing cognitive loss in older people.

The fungus world is responsible for bazillions of underground connections in the plant world and it is amazing to think they can repair the mind. Truly a new frontier in medicine.
@RatLabGuy
I feel like we all just walked into your cubicle slung a chair open Kenny Powers style and enlighten us...
Ive likewise been interested and reading hee - feels like something you might have researched a tad

Cosmo Kramer Yes GIF

Last edited:
When I go to CO a few times a year it is always so cool to see booze sold in convenience stores in other states.
you only have to head north a slight bit to VA...

I haven’t seen liquor sold in grocery or convenience stores in VA. I go to Galax every few days 🤷

They have ABC just like NC

When I go to CO a few times a year it is always so cool to see booze sold in convenience stores in other states.
That was really odd to see when I moved down here. "Wait wait wait, you can't buy vodka at the gas station, you have to go to something called the ABC store??" (Gslander googles the history of abc stores and did some reading) did I somehow move out of America??? LOL!!!

That was really odd to see when I moved down here. "Wait wait wait, you can't buy vodka at the gas station, you have to go to something called the ABC store??" (Gslander googles the history of abc stores and did some reading) did I somehow move out of America??? LOL!!!
Idiots voting for idiots keeps the ABC commission in place. And there is no shortage of idiots.

I haven’t seen liquor sold in grocery or convenience stores in VA. I go to Galax every few days 🤷

They have ABC just like NC
Guess by Booze I meant alcohol in general.
Here in Mary-Land they are all sold in independent stores, but they have to ONLY sell booze. Nothing at the grocery or gas station.
Forgot VA was split w/ liquor like NC

Hahah, and depending on where in Hickory you live, you were extremely close to moving into a dry county/town.

Nothing like walking through a Target in Louisiana and coming to the Liquor Aisle.

While I understand your sentiment, thats not really who the robots are taking jobs from.
Most people get replaced by robots because the robot can perform it better and faster, which ends up being cheaper unless the human basically worked ridiculous hours at indentured servant rates. They were gonna be replaced eventually anyway.
Robots will always continue to get better and cheaper, and humans will always get more expensive (because they have to keep up with inflation etc).
Thats why the most secure jobs aren't those where you can work fast and "good" to be valuable, but where its something a robot could never do.

While I understand your sentiment, thats not really who the robots are taking jobs from.
Most people get replaced by robots because the robot can perform it better and faster, which ends up being cheaper unless the human basically worked ridiculous hours at indentured servant rates. They were gonna be replaced eventually anyway.
Robots will always continue to get better and cheaper, and humans will always get more expensive (because they have to keep up with inflation etc).
Thats why the most secure jobs aren't those where you can work fast and "good" to be valuable, but where its something a robot could never do.
I understand all that, and it's true. The thing now is that the lack of workers is driving it much faster than it would have gone otherwise. Jobs that were previously done by people and that really weren't necessarily "ripe" for automation are being automated anyway, because companies literally can't find the people to fill them. I purchase equipment based on how quick of an roi it produces, same as everyone else. My timeline for ROI keeps stretching because even if the machine takes longer to pay for itself than I normally would like, it shows up to work everyday.

Back