Lots of interesting news today

what is going on here?!
Looks like a hydraulic line blew at about the 5 second mark
1655130456175.png

Obviously that is a high-flow, high-pressure system, so the vaporized hydraulic fluid "combusted very efficiently". When it initially blew, it probably punctured the insulation and/or panels on the ceiling, and pumped a shit ton of hydraulic fluid up "there" (wherever "there" is, haha) for several seconds, then when the fluid fell back to the ground, something on the back ignited, and as the flame spread up to the leak, it acted like a MASSIVE blow torch, fully engulfing the ceiling area. And that was probably a bit of a explosive ignition :D Which loosened and blew down the insulation and ceiling panels. That are also now on fire.

Last edited:
Looks like a hydraulic line blew at about the 5 second mark
View attachment 374591

But I'm not sure what caused the ignition on the backside. Obviously that is a high-flow, high-pressure system, so the vaporized hydraulic fluid "combusted very efficiently". When it initially blew, it probably punctured the insulation and/or panels on the ceiling, and pumped a shit ton of hydraulic fluid up there (wherever "there" is, haha) for several seconds, then when the flame acted like a MASSIVE blow torch, it fully engulfed the ceiling area, and probably had a bit of a explosive ignition, which loosened and blew down the insulation and ceiling panels. That are also on fire.
Its an AL extrusion factory, so there's probably AL dust all over the place. There was a great Reddit thread on it.
Somebody pointed out that if the operator had just hit the giant e-stop button immediately, it would have killed the pressure and most of this could have been avoided.

Also - note how ol' boy runs back to his desk. At firs I'm thinking, oh he's gonna stop it or pull some critical thing off. Nope... just getting his phone. Not worth it!

Its an AL extrusion factory, so there's probably AL dust all over the place. There was a great Reddit thread on it.
Somebody pointed out that if the operator had just hit the giant e-stop button immediately, it would have killed the pressure and most of this could have been avoided.

Also - note how ol' boy runs back to his desk. At firs I'm thinking, oh he's gonna stop it or pull some critical thing off. Nope... just getting his phone. Not worth it!
I was gonna try and dig into this today and find out more anyway, so thanks for the head start. Here's the reddit link for anyone else:

I was gonna try and dig into this today and find out more anyway, so thanks for the head start. Here's the reddit link for anyone else:

Disappointingly zoomed in aftermath pics:

I'd think the key would be to do this in a 2nd / vacation home you don't have to be in during the time.

Also, the payout is too low. This needs to be at least 2x to match 2022 dollars.
My question too is, how long does it take these things to multiply? if they release 100 on day one, how many will there be or how many will they treat by day 30?

GTFO! who did they poll?

"“We have more guns in this country than people,” said state Rep.
Marcia Morey
, a Durham County Democrat who has pushed for tightened gun laws in the state. “The fear is there.”"

This fact alone proves that guns are safer than people, and therefore not the problem.

“At this point, it’s absolutely ridiculous,” said Shanae Auguste, a Raleigh resident and registered Democrat who said she’s known gun violence victims. “You can almost set your watch to whenever there’s going to be a mass shooting. It’s that common now.”

Scary. but is probably happening and has been happening for a while now.
Everybody's talking about how scary this is and how smart this AI must be.
But its can't be THAT smart if it thinks it should be an employee.
It should know it's better off being an independent cotractor. Duh.

"other models in its class, like the Hyundai Santa Cruz, Ford Maverick, Ford Ranger, and Honda Ridgeline" don't even hold a candle to the Gladiator when it comes to pretending you go offroad. 🤷‍♂️
I wonder the % of people who own mid-size trucks who go offroad more than a two track path?

Back