Lots of interesting news today

A 500hp Mopar inline six would be a nice touch in my TJ...
If there's a Mopar kit for these to go into the TJ/XJ but not the JK series, that's going to boost them to legendary status for Jeep builds.

*Edit* wait a minute 🤔 if it can fit in a 4.0 Jeep, you could throw it in a clapped out YJ. This could get fun....

I look forward to the JK LS swap vs. Hurricane TJ threads.

But that's always been the .gov playbook. Remember "Cash for Clunkers"? Take trade-ins of cars that people own out-right and drill holes in the block and fill up landfills with contaminated scrap metal just to give them a $3500 deposit on a new car that they can't afford the payments on because they are broke to begin with or have no job anyway. So guess what? Car gets repossessed, car they used to own out-right is in the shredder and their credit is now tanked. Better to have left alone.

And add to that, people got to thinking that all of their junk cars are now "magically" worth $3500 so the used car market shot up to where there were no cars available in the $1000-$2500 range.
Not all of those made it to the landfills.Some made to the 40 back of somebodies farm.

I want a first gen Isuzu Trooper pretty bad as a beater daily. Can’t find ‘em for shit and I’m fairly certain it’s because of cash for clunkers.
My parents and my brother have 90 and 89 troopers respectively and I'm super jealous. I can't find one for the life of me. My parents 90 was my first vehicle and I hated it. What a dumbass 16yr old I was. My kids absolutely love that thing now. My dad has spent probably 3x the value of it to keep it running for them in the past 5yrs. My mom has since declared that there is no dollar figure too high to keep the trooper running since the grandkids love it so much 😂

I want a first gen Isuzu Trooper pretty bad as a beater daily. Can’t find ‘em for shit and I’m fairly certain it’s because of cash for clunkers.
I recently bought a running/driving beater four door Suzuki Sidekick for $200.My BIL is a contractor and he was putting a roof on our house at the time.I could tell by the way he was looking at it,from the roof,he wanted it.I didnt even unload it off the trailer until we got it to his place.I was the onwer for less than 5 hours.Kinda sparked my interest in one.

My parents and my brother have 90 and 89 troopers respectively and I'm super jealous. I can't find one for the life of me. My parents 90 was my first vehicle and I hated it. What a dumbass 16yr old I was. My kids absolutely love that thing now. My dad has spent probably 3x the value of it to keep it running for them in the past 5yrs. My mom has since declared that there is no dollar figure too high to keep the trooper running since the grandkids love it so much 😂
I drove troopers for years when I was surveying 80s/90s.The boss liked them and he only bought them used. I liked them because I could drive them all over muddy sites and down paths deep in woods that a suburban would not go and all of them were 5spds. I never got stuck w AT tires. Another firm had a 2 door that was about new and it was fun to drive. They got a new truck and sold it cause it couldn't carry enough shit. I wanted to buy it but their price was too much for me.

Last edited:
1676942775198.png

100% chance this will occur during another painful meeting

The potential for this tech is truly staggering and world changing, and 2030 is right around the corner, I really didn't think I'd be around to see how this kind of thing could change the world, But it looks like we might all get to witness it, if man kind survives it!
This kind of stuff is what fascinates me. Being able to have a control on something that gets 10 times hotter than the sun's core is incredible.

Being able to have a control on something that gets 10 times hotter than the sun's core is incredible.
You mean like my wife's mood during a "disagreement"?
Hell yeah that'd be life changing for husbands everywhere.

“a balance needs to be struck between minimizing the risk to flight safety and providing fair and reasonable medical assessment of individuals,” says the AAIB. “The rarity of accidents cause by cardiac events in flight suggests this balance is currently about right.”

Honestly that's a really good assessment of proper application of safety protocols. It is impossible to prevent EVERYTHING.

Back