Lots of interesting news today

Thank goodness they have some high dollar system to (sometimes) let them know when and where the shots were fired...:rolleyes:
Baltimore just invested in that BS and a lot of people are pissed about the waste of $$.

The military spent loads of $$ on those systems to be mounted to vehicles in deployed environments. I can tell you from personal experience it’s laughable at best. False alarms all the time and when it was needed the sensor wouldn’t trigger at all. Worst of all was it cost so much that the parts were unobtanium through the supply chain.

Kind of completely the same as far as functionality
No.
Ring was not MADE for localizing objects. Its just a convenient afterthought. It isn't it's primary functionality at all.
Anybody who buys a Ring for the sake of localizing objects is an idiot.

yeah this is really aweful for lots of people.

I'm scheduled to go to a conference in Maui Oct 1. I'd wager they will cancel it - as they should - bc (1) people there have more important things to do than host a bunch of nerds and (2) probability is the hotel is needed for housing locals.
But on the other hand, it sucks to withdraw much needed revenue from the economy.

yeah this is really aweful for lots of people.

I'm scheduled to go to a conference in Maui Oct 1. I'd wager they will cancel it - as they should - bc (1) people there have more important things to do than host a bunch of nerds and (2) probability is the hotel is needed for housing locals.
But on the other hand, it sucks to withdraw much needed revenue from the economy.
Tin foil hat, engage! As crappy as the situation is, and as bad as I feel for the people who live there, the entire state is ran and managed on the left-hand side of things so therefore, I can only imagine our current administration will pour money to recover, and ensure that their economy is taken care of. Wouldn’t want to lose those votes.

The fact that they say dont use conserve mode because of tire wear is just bullshit. The best alignment setting should have been in that mode. When it's raised up for obstacles the alignment and tire wear wouldn't be a big deal in small use cases

No.
Ring was not MADE for localizing objects. Its just a convenient afterthought. It isn't it's primary functionality at all.
Anybody who buys a Ring for the sake of localizing objects is an idiot.

I'm not using my Ring cam to drop a jdam in a terrorists rat hole 1000 miles away

To refresh, what was said was:

1. False alarms all the time.....check....Ring cam too
2. When needed, it would not capture the data.....check...Ring cam too

So I said 'like a ring cam'

And you lost it for some reason

The fact that they say dont use conserve mode because of tire wear is just bullshit. The best alignment setting should have been in that mode. When it's raised up for obstacles the alignment and tire wear wouldn't be a big deal in small use cases
Eggs Zachary
You'd think Conserve Mode would be the default for most of the time.

I'm not using my Ring cam to drop a jdam in a terrorists rat hole 1000 miles away

To refresh, what was said was:

1. False alarms all the time.....check....Ring cam too
2. When needed, it would not capture the data.....check...Ring cam too

So I said 'like a ring cam'

And you lost it for some reason
Except that one of these things should be expected to have a high false alarm rate, and hence to not capture data.... Because the hardware was never designed for that purpose....
While the other has one job it was designed for.

It's a terrible analogy. Might as well say it's just like the cupholder in my car that occasionally can't hold my giant oversized thermos.

This is all aside from the fact that the actual false alarm rate for something like a ring is actually very very statistically low. But you have to understand math in order to get that.

I hope they leave Chatham co. and find another state to build their evs.

today the local "news"? had a 5 mins. story about its so great and nothing about destroying Chatham co. and the Cape Fear river :confused:

Last edited:

today the local "news"? had a 5 mins. story about its so great and nothing about destroying Chatham co. and the Cape Fear river :confused:
I can’t believe the cape fear hasn’t been running crystal clear like a babbling Rocky Mountain stream??!! EV’s are the salvation from pollution didn’t you know??

I feel like they will never be a successful company in the US simply because their name is VinFast.

Wonder if they talked about the reason Officer Byrd died during this memorial?

Or that Byrd's boss and superiors actively contributed to his death?

Back