Lots of interesting news today

If the t-bell doesn’t make you do it, a sign falling on your car sure would bring the “oops in my pants” moment.

If the t-bell doesn’t make you do it, a sign falling on your car sure would bring the “oops in my pants” moment.
Holy fuck though imagine had there been a back seat passenger.

Holy fuck though imagine had there been a back seat passenger.

Not quite the same amount of destruction but a coworker up in Maryland had a tree fall on his car at a stoplight during the bad storms y’all had a little while back. He said he was getting ready to move forward when it came down. Had a friend in the front seat and their wives in the back. Friend broke his back in a couple places but that was the only injury. Could’ve been real bad.

IMG_3886.jpeg

Douche driver and Truck were a known problem.

City and state fails even modest tasks.....a little girl dies because of it, and the best thing they can think of is to cancel the parade?

To be inside their heads

Last edited:
I like rubber stamping new construction projects as much as I like new bikes and sticky tires.
Gotta get mine...am i right?!

We all know that most only care about themselves in the way they act and vote, but it always interesting and sad at the same time to see someone care so little about others and the future and have no problem telling everyone.

Explains a lot of our financial and environmental problems.

We all know that most only care about themselves in the way they act and vote, but it always interesting and sad at the same time to see someone care so little about others and the future and have no problem telling everyone.

I'm a real asshole (so are other business owners) for employing people and giving them a comfortable living.

I'm a real asshole (so are other business owners) for employing people and giving them a comfortable living.

Im of the persuasion that what @benXJ is saying, and what I feel as well, is that pushing growth for the sake of growth is short sighted and bad all the way around in the long run. If growth happens naturally in the market, great! That's a reaction to actual demand, and its a good thing. Growth resulting from government manipulation of the market is not.... but that's the situation that we're in now. It's bad for our environment and for our financial system and economy as a whole. Only time will tell which house of cards will fall first. I know for a fact that in my little sphere of the world that land is being cleared and homes are being built on land that wasn't suitable for housing 10yrs ago. There are plenty of tricks developers and engineers on their payrolls are utilizing to build houses, consequences to the buyer be damned.

Im of the persuasion that what @benXJ is saying, and what I feel as well, is that pushing growth for the sake of growth is short sighted and bad all the way around in the long run. If growth happens naturally in the market, great! That's a reaction to actual demand, and its a good thing. Growth resulting from government manipulation of the market is not.... but that's the situation that we're in now. It's bad for our environment and for our financial system and economy as a whole. Only time will tell which house of cards will fall first. I know for a fact that in my little sphere of the world that land is being cleared and homes are being built on land that wasn't suitable for housing 10yrs ago. There are plenty of tricks developers and engineers on their payrolls are utilizing to build houses, consequences to the buyer be damned.
Or in many cases houses going up that no families need on land previously cultivated. Our county is throwing up homes also. Single family rows of 3 house plan communities. Many so the developer or investors can rent half of them. My thought is if you want to be a neighborhood slum Lord build apartment buildings or condos on half the foot print and make them available with the same features. It's not like your little 1/3 acres is a private Paradise. The desire to pay the amounts to live and play house owner baffle me. Rent in general baffles me. You either don't want the liability or financial lock or you desire to live and save toward something else. This new middle ground seems absurd. At the pace of building and the super poor quality the market of "card" houses looks crazy to me.

On a side note any finish, remodel, exterior, fixer type carpenter should be swamped in about 2 to 5 years when all these match sticks show the true colors of the quality.

Newsflash: we have a housing shortage. People want places to live, and they don't exist.
That requires building stuff. In the meantime, while waiting for the supply to catch up to demand, prices are high, and developers can do what they want to pack in as many as possibler per sq ft and $$.

Newsflash: we have a housing shortage. People want places to live, and they don't exist.
That requires building stuff. In the meantime, while waiting for the supply to catch up to demand, prices are high, and developers can do what they want to pack in as many as possibler per sq ft and $$.
Maybe. But where did all these people suddenly come from? I’m sure you’re familiar with the phrase “a solution looking for a problem”. Money has a way of making that.

Or are you saying @benXJ is right and they all just showed up from another geographical location?

Back