Lots of interesting news today

Anyone been watching the case of the missing 9 y/o in New York…. Police are patting their backs for finding her. Which is awesome. Yet they saw someone suspicious put something in their mailbox while watching her house at 4:20 am. Didn’t pursue the subject yet retrieved the ransom note and did forensic work to find the guy…. This cost the family another 10 hours without the girl. And the girl another 10 hours of god knows what kind of hell. Seems like a big ball was dropped.
While that is shocking, what if they had captured the suspicious person, it was the kidnapper, he didn't give up her location, and she died wherever she was being held captive?

Or, it was someone else that was just placing the ransom note, they were captured, kidnapper gets spooked and does who knows what.

Best case would be to follow and observe.

Yeah, I've watched too any ID channel shows with my wife.

you know what is far cheaper than $1MM?

telling people to cross at crosswalks (seems like most adults are really children now) or just letting them get hit. They'll eventually learn. Its a bit different here in the US than down south.

it my fault that they treat capital blvd like its the mexico/US border?

the very pic they used shows a mental midget dude carrying a child scampering across a busy 6 lane highway cause he's too stupid to cross at a light.

my fault that i (we) should pay for?

still baffles me that so many people vote for this over and over

telling people to cross at crosswalks (seems like most adults are really children now) or just letting them get hit. They'll eventually learn. Its a bit different here in the US than down south.

the very pic they used shows a mental midget dude carrying a child scampering across a busy 6 lane highway cause he's too stupid to cross at a light.

Having been to several people hit by vehicles in that very intersection, the pedestrians were rarely the problem. It was the drivers doing well over the speed limit, driving distracted, etc. I also don't understand why you're implying they're all from Mexico?

Duane

Having been to several people hit by vehicles in that very intersection, the pedestrians were rarely the problem. It was the drivers doing well over the speed limit, driving distracted, etc. I also don't understand why you're implying they're all from Mexico?

Duane
Because status quo for his beliefs that if you’re brown you’re down (on the everything scale compared to the blanco peoples).

Duane
i have eyes as I ride around raleigh. pedestrians are the issue. wral even used a pic of egregios jaywalking.

all from south of texas? nope. but many.

we all have lived experiences, see things.

we all have lived experiences, see things.

And I have lived experiences and seen things in the very place they are talking about. Not "around Raleigh" or "in the area" or the "Capital Blvd corridor" but at the intersection of Capital Blvd and Calvary Dr. Pedestrians sometimes are an issue, but aren't the issue. And not even a few of them are from south of the border, let alone many.

Duane

It's hard to for me to understand how this is about illegal Mexicans too. I can pretty much guarantee you the ancestors of those in the video were actually imported with legal paperwork.

It's hard to for me to understand how this is about illegal Mexicans too. I can pretty much guarantee you the ancestors of those in the video were actually imported with legal paperwork.
Can you 100%? With 2.8 million crossing in 2023 alone. Hard to be sure right? Just asking a question not starting a fight.

Can you 100%? With 2.8 million crossing in 2023 alone. Hard to be sure right? Just asking a question not starting a fight.
Well unless all of them went to Raleigh, that makes those folks < 1% of the bodies residing in the country, so statistically speaking I'd say its a pretty safe bet.

Well unless all of them went to Raleigh, that makes those folks < 1% of the bodies residing in the country, so statistically speaking I'd say its a pretty safe bet.
Well a couple years ago we had 60 in Avery county NC busted at a tree farm all using the same ss number. And Avery is a very small town. So there is a chance Raleigh has more.

Well, they were black, not hispanic…

Last edited:

Duane
I think some are jay walking AND some are just stoned/drunk and they race/cross the road when the light is red.

Last edited:
The real quandary here is the name of the company..... Vision Zero Raleigh.
I don't even know how to take that.
Is it their goal to eliminate Raleigh?
I mean.... ok, I'm on board.

I think some are jay walking AND some are just stoned/drunk and they race/cross the road when the light is red.

I have no doubt that happens. Heroin was horrible when I worked there, we were administering Narcan frequently and I'm sure it's only gotten worse. But that intersection in particular was always the car vs pedestrian hotspot, while the ones around it rarely had one 🤷‍♂️. And most of the ones I responded to the police said it was the car's fault. Just my experience with that particularly small sample of the fine city of Raleigh.

Duane

Back