Lots of interesting news today

I mean it’s only been there for 200 years. And it’ll take 200 years to replace but F it.
Yet they bulldoze bigger older trees for some crappy suburbia cookie cutter slab houses and no one bats an eye. Ya know, in the name of progress.

Not saying I disagree with your point at all just the difference in how people view things.

Yet they bulldoze bigger older trees for some crappy suburbia cookie cutter slab houses and no one bats an eye. Ya know, in the name of progress.
I had an older Italian architecture professor who always joked about American subdivisions, 'where they cut down the trees and name the streets after them.'

I had an older Italian architecture professor who always joked about American subdivisions, 'where they cut down the trees and name the streets after them.'
They built one near me a couple years ago. "Arbordale". Ya know Arbor meaning tree and dale meaning valley:
1696253518838.png

Used to be a really nice stretch of woods. :(

They built one near me a couple years ago. "Arbordale". Ya know Arbor meaning tree and dale meaning valley:
View attachment 404487

Used to be a really nice stretch of woods. :(
But it's progress you backwards thinking dummy. Aren't those cookie cutter houses better than yucky ol woods?!

But it's progress you backwards thinking dummy. Aren't those cookie cutter houses better than yucky ol woods?!
Thank you for the explanation. I never thought of it like that. Now it is so great and it makes sense why those houses are starting at $400k! :shaking:

That's just as bad as when a developer buys a nice farm and then names the subdivision "xyz farms". You know good and well some old farmer is rolling over in his grave knowing that his shit ass children, that he spent his hard earned tobacco money sending to college, sold out before he was even cold. Then to add insult to injury, they put his name on the monstrosity.

That's just as bad as when a developer buys a nice farm and then names the subdivision "xyz farms". You know good and well some old farmer is rolling over in his grave knowing that his shit ass children, that he spent his hard earned tobacco money sending to college, sold out before he was even cold. Then to add insult to injury, they put his name on the monstrosity.
I largely agree but to play the devils advocate here,how many of those farms have been sold just to pay the inheritance tax on them??Land that's had decades or even a century of taxes pain on it.

They even added 'plantation' to the name... which it never was.

I have a coworker who family went through this, although not as much internal family resentment - when mom & dad were ready to retire and it was generally agreed the family farm business just wasn't worth it anymore, the whole family agreed they sell the land, parents move to the mountains to be left the F alone, and rest of the family also move away and never return bc they didn't want to face the ire of their former neighbors and community. But they did make the developer promise not to use their name anywhere on anything lol.

I largely agree but to play the devils advocate here,how many of those farms have been sold just to pay the inheritance tax on them??Land that's had decades or even a century of taxes pain on it.
Leave it in present use and you don't have anything to worry about. That's just a hollow excuse greedy kids use to try to justify selling out.

They even added 'plantation' to the name... which it never was.
I can't wait for the woke mobs to descend on all these "plantations". I hope to soon see Rev Barbour stopping traffic in front of Percy flowers store because Becky decided to name the whole place Flowers Plantation. I should probably send the NAACP an email to make sure they are aware.

Leave it in present use and you don't have anything to worry about. That's just a hollow excuse greedy kids use to try to justify selling out.
Maybe so in some cases but not all. Believe it or not just cause you have a 100 acre farm doesn’t mean you have money.

plus... the current estate tax exempts the first $12mil of value, and that is after you account for debts/liabilities. That's not a small family farm.

plus... the current estate tax exempts the first $12mil of value, and that is after you account for debts/liabilities. That's not a small family farm.
In a big city, that could be 3-4 acres :laughing:

In a big city, that could be 3-4 acres :laughing:
oh I don't doubt its possible, but the reality is it's a very fringe case, and extremely rarely would be the real reason for having to sell. Much more likely poor/no financial planning or lack of interest by the family. Makes a convenient excuse.

Sad but I think they will never save the wolves. That money should be used to protect the wetlands that are getting destroyed down east everyday.

Last edited:

Sad but I think they will never save the wolves. That money should be used to protect the wetlands that are getting destroyed down east everyday.

humans won't stop until everything is destroyed

a species as dumb and selfish as ours won't be around much longer

Anyone been watching the case of the missing 9 y/o in New York…. Police are patting their backs for finding her. Which is awesome. Yet they saw someone suspicious put something in their mailbox while watching her house at 4:20 am. Didn’t pursue the subject yet retrieved the ransom note and did forensic work to find the guy…. This cost the family another 10 hours without the girl. And the girl another 10 hours of god knows what kind of hell. Seems like a big ball was dropped.

Back