Lots of interesting news today

It's some stupid angle they are going to use probably about "safety " or emissions. It's really only an issue because they are imports and not ADM. All the things you listed are sold here.

The new LC250 is made in Japan with zero American components. They can sell that here.

They are safer than motorcycles

They are cleaner than the 1986 blazer my coworker drives

Not computing....except for the jilted lover idea

The Libertarians just nominated a total dope for President.

In the words of Trump as he was being booed,

"Maybe you don't want to win. Keep getting your 3% every four years."

Apparently they want less than 1% this year.
Also in the words of Trump…
“Trump claimed that he didn't seek the Libertarian nomination because he wasn't allowed to do so.

"The reason I didn't file paperwork for the Libertarian Nomination, which I would have absolutely gotten if I wanted it (as everyone could tell by the enthusiasm of the Crowd last night!)”
:laughing:

Also in the words of Trump…
“Trump claimed that he didn't seek the Libertarian nomination because he wasn't allowed to do so.

"The reason I didn't file paperwork for the Libertarian Nomination, which I would have absolutely gotten if I wanted it (as everyone could tell by the enthusiasm of the Crowd last night!)”
:laughing:
-eyeroll-

I'm surprised he can walk with how often he shoots himself in the foot.

-eyeroll-

I'm surprised he can walk with how often he shoots himself in the foot.
Its pretty easy when your head is as inflated as his is. His body is just along for the ride like the string on a balloon.

Don’t they say this every year?

and there's this
NOAA (the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) issued a forecast on Thursday that says there is an 85 percent chance of more named storms, more hurricanes and more major hurricanes than the average.

In a normal distribution, 50% of the data will be higher than average. Typically in science people put a 5% threshold on delinquency from the mean, but unless you have a reason to predict direction its split on both sides - so you have to be above 97.5% off the mean to be "statistically different". 85%, on one tail, is not that great at all.

Predicting the weather is hard.
What's harder is finding any other job where 85% confidence is acceptable....

and there's this

In a normal distribution, 50% of the data will be higher than average. Typically in science people put a 5% threshold on delinquency from the mean, but unless you have a reason to predict direction its split on both sides - so you have to be above 97.5% off the mean to be "statistically different". 85%, on one tail, is not that great at all.

Predicting the weather is hard.
What's harder is finding any other job where 85% confidence is acceptable....
So what you’re saying is “say it will be above average and you’ll be bound to be correct above average amount of the time”?

This is sofaking dead .
On the one hand, I’m not surprised by this. Their initial business plan actually showed that they were expecting to lose money for the first 10 years. It’s interesting that these dealerships have only been open for a few months and they’re already scaling back. Have any of you seen an ad or heard anything about these cars? I haven’t. They’re going to fail because they don’t understand marketing.

On the other hand, I hate to see them fail. If someone were in the business of selling a product that supports manufacturing and there was a huge automotive plant in the works nearby…a $$-making opportunity shrinking away.

Dumbassery on behalf of both injuneers and consumer

My 93 Toyota may not be super fast or have cool screens, but I don't need any special warnings about how to get out of it.
So, it took 40 minutes vs. the 24 minutes she expected? And she decided to sit in her car in the sun during the process vs. scheduling it for 2am as recommended? AND she decided that the manual door handle could be dangerous. This isn't bad engineering, it's a cry for Darwinian intervention.

Don’t they say this every year?
How Dare You Greta GIF

sounds like they found their golden goose

Yup.... my thought, if they really want to slow down traffic, put in some speed bumps/humps/tables. But that doesnt generate the revenue that this does.

I think this is a situation of whether you agree with it or not, it’s not there, and it’s not the judiciaries job to write legislation.
Thats exactly what it is.
People: "WTF? How could you say that?
Judges: "We're not the dummies who wrote the Constitution. If you don't like it, fix it."
Media: "ONG OMG OMG"
Judges:"..... 🤦‍♂️ "

in other news...
Maybe this will be good for NC's old school economy....

Back