Lots of interesting news today

Of course I don’t know anyone involved but it is interesting.

1633961322932.jpeg

Katie says she isn't sure what happened. Let me help her out. She tried to steer a political agenda and got owned by someone who saw her exact motivation.

Luckily, Denzel is still alive. She tried to silence RBG and Ginsberg wasn't around anymore to correct her omission.

Lazy union workers are exacerbating the supply chain problem!?! :gasp:

Nothing surprising here, except I need to go run cranes in Long Beach.

Jail time needed

Another one I'm surprised made it to print...

I can't decide if it's city people or Yankees that are the problem with our country. I'm going to err on the side of caution and say it's both.

I can't decide if it's city people or Yankees that are the problem with our country. I'm going to err on the side of caution and say it's both.

1. That is terrible.
2. It would not surprise me if those who stood by and watched were his cronies
3. Who the heck thought "SEPTA" was a good name?

It couldn't get any dumber if they made it all up...

Top two articles alphabet pushed to my phone this morning..

One lamenting low fair attendance on Saturday:

And then another championing the 'socially distanced fair alternative' at Dix Park on Saturday:

And then another championing the 'socially distanced fair alternative' at Dix Park on Saturday:

The might have low attendance, but when we left there was the longest line I have ever seen trying to get in on the pnc side gate. We got there about 9 and waited in line maybe 5 mins. We left at 1 and the line was at least 5ppl wide stretching all the way back to inside the tunnel under Trinity Rd.

Dumbness definitely abounds. Straight out of the first article:
"The fair has averaged 135,460 people on Thursdays for the last 10 years"
"The fair has averaged 40,764 people on Thursdays for the last 10 years"

How hard is it to critically proof read an article? The entire article is only 8 sentences, and 2 of them directly conflict.

Sounds like they are unioning themselves out of a job.

Oscar said each terminal has two massive cranes to load cargo and he’s never seen both of them operating at once. A survey of two dozen cranes in Long Beach by the Washington Examiner found at least half of them nonoperational.

However, one terminal in Long Beach has started using automated cranes, and truckers rejoice when they are summoned to pick up cargo there. It is efficient and quick.

Sounds like they are unioning themselves out of a job.

Oscar said each terminal has two massive cranes to load cargo and he’s never seen both of them operating at once. A survey of two dozen cranes in Long Beach by the Washington Examiner found at least half of them nonoperational.

However, one terminal in Long Beach has started using automated cranes, and truckers rejoice when they are summoned to pick up cargo there. It is efficient and quick.
That is assuming that the port authority gives a shit what the truckers think.
They have a monopoly on service. They can be as slow as they want.

Tragic.
And frustrating, seeing as how a little bit of safety could possibly have saved some of them.

Side note - its now illegal to willfully release balloons in Maryland. Fine per balloon.

Back