Lumber prices and alternatives

Do they erect it too or do you have to find another company for that?
I was going to do it myself, but after he told me about $5k to erect it yesterday, I will probably let them do it. He priced it at $5k because I will have equipment on site to use to erect it.

Are guys seeing electrical and plumbing increasing also? Just curious.
Yes

Steel and copper are creeping up. Not like lumber but still.

Anything mfg gets a longer lead time. Anything shipped tacks on more lead time.
If you're willing to WAIT. Then it's not bad. Trouble is, contract jobs have LD's
Have to weigh the costs
Not my wheelhouse but from the meetings I attend, storefront and door hardware seem to really be causing some headaches for GCs on the hook for summer substantial competitions

Yes

If you're willing to WAIT. Then it's not bad. Trouble is, contract jobs have LD's
Have to weigh the costs
Not my wheelhouse but from the meetings I attend, storefront and door hardware seem to really be causing some headaches for GCs on the hook for summer substantial competitions
Yeah we havent seen copper explode, yet....but as of Thursday our copper spot is good for 48 hours as opposed to 7 days.

Yes

Have to weigh the costs
Yeah we havent seen copper explode, yet....but as of Thursday our copper spot is good for 48 hours as opposed to 7 days.
Its on the way up.Went tonight and got two rolls of 12/2 in anticipation of the price increase and it's already goin up.A 250 foot roll of 12/2 is now $83.A month ago it was $65-ish.My BIL bought some for a job back in the summer and paid less than $50.If anybody thinks they're gonna be doin any electrical in the near future you might wanna go ahead and get it. @tknopp

Well prices of material is finally starting to catch up to building. We had a job get postponed until prices go down some or at least slow down enough to hold princes for a whole job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm supplying a new shopping center in Morgantown WV. My customer wants me to hold pricing until April when they need it on site. I told them to send me a purchase order and allow me to begin billing. That's the only way I can do it.
I have it staged in our warehouse ready to ship whenever they need it.
Otherwise, we hold pricing 3-5 days currently.

I'm supplying a new shopping center in Morgantown WV. My customer wants me to hold.oricing until April when they need it on site. I told them to send me a purchase order and allow me to begin billing. That's the only way I can do it.
I have it staged in our warehouse ready to ship whenever they need it.
Otherwise, we hold pricing 3-5 days currently.

This doesn’t effect any of our custom home stuff but the town houses we’re doing over your way the second phase got stopped because it was gonna cost him more than what he could sell them for.

Its on the way up.Went tonight and got two rolls of 12/2 in anticipation of the price increase and it's already goin up.A 250 foot roll of 12/2 is now $83.A month ago it was $65-ish.My BIL bought some for a job back in the summer and paid less than $50.If anybody thinks they're gonna be doin any electrical in the near future you might wanna go ahead and get it. @tknopp
Good to know. Electrician should start on the 22nd of this month.

Well prices of material is finally starting to catch up to building. We had a job get postponed until prices go down some or at least slow down enough to hold princes for a whole job.

Man, that is bubble sounding. Not good.

I haven't been keeping up with the rate of inflation or what it's expected to do, but urely this will be a factor.

Many dimensions of southern yellow pine are hovering at the 1000/mbf range wholesale. But 2x4 is in the mid 1300 range and 2x12 is over 1400. In real numbers that means 2x4 YP is right at $0.90 LF cost and 2x12 YP is over $2.80 LF, cost. That is before any markup or anything. That means a 2x4x8 really should cost around $8 and a 2x12x16 can easily be $50. We're talking UNTREATED stuff here.
Rumor 7/16 OSB may be 1100/mbf wholesale by end of March. That's over $35 per sheet, cost.
Ridiculous.

Many dimensions of southern yellow pine are hovering at the 1000/mbf range wholesale. But 2x4 is in the mid 1300 range and 2x12 is over 1400. In real numbers that means 2x4 YP is right at $0.90 LF cost and 2x12 YP is over $2.80 LF, cost. That is before any markup or anything. That means a 2x4x8 really should cost around $8 and a 2x12x16 can easily be $50. We're talking UNTREATED stuff here.
Rumor 7/16 OSB may be 1100/mbf wholesale by end of March. That's over $35 per sheet, cost.
Ridiculous.
Is this driver still supply? Or are they taking advantage of the demand?

I love it. I hope it puts some of these tract/spec builders around here out of business
No joke. If the Jody's of the world would charge 2 tier pricing, it would be much appreciated. Charge the tract builders twice, and balance the extra as a discount to the single home builders.

I call BS on one part of that article:

"La Niña conditions are resulting in a dry weather pattern across much of the South. The drier-than-normal winter has led to additional logging capacity, which bolsters lumber supplies."

Ain't dry around here.

"La Niña conditions are resulting in a dry weather pattern across much of the South. The drier-than-normal winter has led to additional logging capacity, which bolsters lumber supplies."

Ain't dry around here.
No kidding! I'm afraid to step on my lawn for fear that I might sink in and lose my shoe.

Ain't dry around here.

It aint dry here either, but it hasnt been slowing loggers down. The way its going around my house, it seems doubtful that you will be able to purchase a larger wooden tract in the next 10yrs.

Ain't dry around here.
loggers arent making any extra money, guys i know have said their price is the same they were getting payed a year ago.

Ain't dry around here.
that article is what i was afraid was going to happen, and why i declined a job offer for a builder who only did one kind of house.

Back