Mac's YJ build with tons and 42's.

the first try (pictured) didn't do to well on all the ice. Couldn't get the back tires up onto it to really give it a go.

Went back that afternoon and was able to get up in 3 tries after all the ice had melted. I pretty much crawled up that afternoon when i found the right line all the way over to the right, after just barly bumping it to get teh back end up on it.

The 2nd waterfall, or step up, thats like 3 ft or so tall, just a single step, I had a harder time on it, but just bumped it hard with the back end to get up it.

Had alot of fun though. I totally feel like an idiot for asking where it was on welder... I definitely drove right by it my first time up there. Thanks for the help with that.

My buddy has video somewhere of me coming up the waterfall, just need to find it. He was standing a little close and didn't think I was coming up that soon and had to jup out of the way....its hilarious on film.

nice wanna hit up mtn city on the 7th?

If it all works yeah i'd love too. I think Novacayne is going up that weekend also, but i'd defintely like to tag along if I get the propane and new oil pan on the suburban by then.

I'll keep in touch b/t now and then.

Thanks for the invite.

the first try (pictured) didn't do to well on all the ice. Couldn't get the back tires up onto it to really give it a go.
Went back that afternoon and was able to get up in 3 tries after all the ice had melted. I pretty much crawled up that afternoon when i found the right line all the way over to the right, after just barly bumping it to get teh back end up on it.
The 2nd waterfall, or step up, thats like 3 ft or so tall, just a single step, I had a harder time on it, but just bumped it hard with the back end to get up it.
Had alot of fun though. I totally feel like an idiot for asking where it was on welder... I definitely drove right by it my first time up there. Thanks for the help with that.
My buddy has video somewhere of me coming up the waterfall, just need to find it. He was standing a little close and didn't think I was coming up that soon and had to jup out of the way....its hilarious on film.

Cool, whats funny is my rig will walk the second step, easy out. But the waterfall on welder just makes me pucker a lil much with my short wheelbase. I think i just need to use more throttle.

Saving up for ORIs and 4 links, I can't get the the leaves to perform like I want them.
I got a quote last week for 2 ORIs 18" travel shipped to my door for super cheap. Seems like I get the performance of coilovers for the price of air shocks.

Scott, where did you get that quote? I'm in the market for a front suspension as well. Do you know if the price changes much for different lengths and/or the quantity you get?

300 is still in pieces, so not much progress on that thing.

The shorter the travel the cheaper they are, just sucks b/c of an 8 week lead time on them.

8 weeks lol more like 4 months. ive had 16 shocks on order since b4 christmas. i am a ori dealer i can match any ori price and i should have some 16's in the next week or so

8 weeks lol more like 4 months. ive had 16 shocks on order since b4 christmas. i am a ori dealer i can match any ori price and i should have some 16's in the next week or so

Holy long wait Batman, I could go w/ some 16's instead of 18's. I'll talk to you soon, Brandon. I'm glad you are a dealer though, i'm all for keeping my money local.

Video from Ohiopyle 09 -> Pretty much sums up the annual trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGyk_kJdhVQ

I have 42" SX's now, and have the cage 99% completed.
I will have pictures and videos posted up very very soon.

A few teaser shots from the trip:

aphotos_f.ak.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ak_snc1_hs001.snc1_4143_651138935413_22207772_38335125_134111_n.jpg

aphotos_c.ak.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ak_snc1_hs001.snc1_4143_651138920443_22207772_38335122_1388881_n.jpg

aphotos_b.ak.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ak_snc1_hs001.snc1_4143_651138995293_22207772_38335137_7713054_n.jpg

aphotos_d.ak.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ak_snc1_hs001.snc1_4143_651138211863_22207772_38335027_5349581_n.jpg

And one progress report shot of the cage about a week before going up.
aphotos_g.ak.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ak_snc1_hs034.snc1_3257_523064917272_72102615_30999614_4208449_n.jpg

2 ORIs 18" travel shipped to my door for super cheap.

You really dont need 18" shocks. I would honestly stick to a 14 or max a 16. You will never use that much travel and keeping it low and having decent up travel will be a pain. Just my opinion though.

You really dont need 18" shocks. I would honestly stick to a 14 or max a 16. You will never use that much travel and keeping it low and having decent up travel will be a pain. Just my opinion though.

Yeah thats pretty much what I've decided on. Thanks for the advice man. I'm figureing on getting 16" air shocks for the back, since its getting linked first. I have most of the parts just need the shocks really, and cash flow is tight right now. I doubt I will be able to use 16" of travel with my wheelbase at 108 and my still short rear driveshaft, but at least i know the travel is there in case I change things up, even if I have to limit it for now.

Seriously though man, thanks for the advice.

Just plan on cutting the tub and mounting them to the cage tube and bracing them. Here is the mounts i did on GONOVRIT's rig a few months back. I cant remember is these were 16's or 14's though. maybe josh will chime in.

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_GONOVRIT_20build_0831082001.jpg

on the bumps with 42's

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_GONOVRIT_20build_0831082002.jpg

Scott, I've got a set of 16" fox air shocks that I won't be using for a while. Let me know if you want to do some wheeling and dealing, if not, they'll be in the FS section soon.

Its been a while so i thought i would update on whats going on.

Been wheeling alot and been enjoying every minute of it.

We went up to harlan for new years and broke a front stub and spindle, tore up some synchros in the trans, have a bearing going bad in t-case, slave cylinder quit, destroyed the trans and t-case mounts, bent both rear leaves, bent the forward mount for the rear traction bar, and destroyed the skid plate.

I had been unhappy with the ride quality of the leafs and after destroying 3 pairs, i was tired of fixing them, and decided to link the rear.

So i am currently in the process of rebuilding almost everything.

Heres what i have done as of today.

Completely rebuilt trans, and put in new slave cylinder
Truss/ Axle link mounts done
took everything apart.

Heres what needs to happen.

Poly motor mounts
poly trans and tcase mounts
rear t-case support
skid plate
Get and install chromo shafts and drive flanges in the 60
finish linking the rear
rebuilt t-case.

I'll try to make regular updates as things progress, but its a slow go, as i am still a broke college kid until may, and pretty much can only work on it in the driveway on the weekend when its not raining.

Swayaway Racerunner 2.0 Emulsion 14" travel coilovers with triple rate kit from Wide open Design, These guys were great to deal with and a huge help in figuring out spring rates. I would reccommend them to anyone.

The springs are on the way. Going with 250lb 14" main springs, and 175lb 12" secondary spring.

I am shooting to have 7in up and 7in down travel at ride height, but from the looks of things i'll prob have to change that to 6 up 8 down to get everything to fit.

IMG_2587.JPG
IMG_2588.JPG

Here are a few pics of how the jeep is now. I ditched the body lift a while back, the cage is done. I got some corbeau bajas and put warmseats heaters in them. These are random shots from wheeling that i have on the comp right now.

1293808389762.jpg
1293819050777.jpg
rockhop.jpg
IMG_20101231_145541.jpg

Just looked at the title of my thread, and realized things have changed alot since i started this thread.

I'm still running my stroker and ax-15.

I sold the doubler to greenjeepin on the board a while ago, and bought travis's (tw89yj) old dana 300, that has HD outputs front and rear and 4:1s in it.

I'm running 42" SX2's on 12-bolts that i recentered on a jig i built, and with rock rings.

Wheelbase now is 108" with 26" to the bottom of the frame rails, and it will be 23.250 to the bottom of the skid/x-member

so im contemplating several options right now

1) cut the rear frame body off and re-do them both with toob and or dovetailed sheetmetal or just a cab close out

2) keep trimming the rear sheetmetal and wheelwells until everything fits

3) cut yj rear off and dovetail a tj rear and weld it back on

Back