Mall Crawling Racer...... #4410

Just curious, what you have into that thing so far? Parts obviously, as you're a hell of a welder.

I'm not a welder, I've had the opportunity to work with some really talented welders though. OMS Offroad, Marsfab, Carolina Truggies, Rides, Ruffstuff to name a few.

Live fast, die good looking.

Mall Crawlers know that once you go Mall'n, life expectancy goes way down. OD on cologne, poisoning by way of experimental skin cream, tragic guy-liner impalement.... I've heard of them all. So it's important to make sure that the next generation of future racers gets educated on what it takes to be a true mall crawler. I take every opportunity I can to teach the young kids here in Charlotte about proper swoosh techniques for a hair flip, the exact tightness your race suit should fit on your biceps, and most importantly, how to spot the cameras on a race course to know exactly when to flash the smile. REDLYNER Racing uses these teaching moments to give a little back as well, each year I donate some of my race winnings to a local school. This year we went with the 3 and 4 year pre-k's and brought books and supplies.

alh3.googleusercontent.com__YzKEtvgV5Ck_VGZstxHZ64I_AAAAAAAAFf4_BLqoxdscJBM_s800_IMG_5728.JPG

alh4.googleusercontent.com__37_mWKKzvM4_VGZsupaDZvI_AAAAAAAAFgI_ZaEsgZ_Pb_8_s800_IMG_5731.JPG

I've noticed a trend lately in red winches on a lot of the race rigs. I have no idea what they do, but if real racers are using red ones....... THEN SO SHALL I!

Quadratec has been absolutely awesome to work with. Super fast replies to both emails and phone calls always stand out to me, customer service can become a lost art, but the guys at Quadratec seem to take pride in customer satisfaction.

On to the redness:

alh4.googleusercontent.com__ihRyqsD0KUY_VD07PqBk0_I_AAAAAAAAFXo_TEK2GBko6m0_s805_IMG_8108.JPG

Install was delayed until my Hitachi drill battery charged. My Dewault drill was ready to go, but since it's a yellow drill and I could only find my green gloves, there was NO way I was to clash yellow and green while working.

alh6.googleusercontent.com__B0LHGcYrVWo_VD07QCVYwtI_AAAAAAAAFYM__p2qETVQKYY_s805_IMG_8112.JPG

Done and done.

alh3.googleusercontent.com__eKJDDZ12nE4_VD07Qwum6HI_AAAAAAAAFX8_Kr0L_lJiEZ8_s805_IMG_8119.JPG

Took the fam out to Uwharrie for a shake down run with the hydro-assist. Everything felt great, just a small leak from one of the fittings, but I think I have that buttoned up now. Not many shots, but fun to get the rig off-road.

alh3.googleusercontent.com__CvGooqDWPCM_VEk304K_QUI_AAAAAAAAFZQ_Te2TnFfSLbM_s800_IMG_5637.JPG

alh5.googleusercontent.com__9izHgzQfWp8_VEk30nkF5jI_AAAAAAAAFZM_Nu4fMG3uyhE_s800_IMG_5638.JPG

Recent studies have shown that ORANGE is the new FAST.

Mall Crawler code #17: If someone finds that one color is faster than another..... I MUST HAVE IT!

Wayne at Alltech, as always ,has been great to work with.

alh3.googleusercontent.com__JwBhx7T8cDI_VGZsu2t1zRI_AAAAAAAAFgQ_f2P5nc7_Jy8_s800_IMG_5734.JPG

Very interested in your opinion of the Q10 as a connoisseur of fine parts. I've been looking at the 9.0RC, but a 1k cost savings is nice.

The orange clashes with your red, brah.

The orange clashes with your red, brah.
yep...I noticed that first thing.
In the box..the orange winch controller next to the red winch is really hard to look at. Good thing it has a long controller cable. You wont ever have to see the two that close together as long as you stand back far enough.

If I am to continue my meteoric climb of wanna-be racerness, I will have to run one of two stickers: either a Monster energy drink or a Fox shox sticker. It seems everyone in Ultra4 these days are slapping Monster Energy stickers on their race cars, so that made it an easy decision for me- Time to run a Fox sticker brah.

awww.tacomaworld.com_gallery_data_500_medium_DSC002142.JPG

So I called up Wayne @ Fox and told him I needed the biggest stickers they sell. Since he rode with me at KOH 2014 during my tuning sessions, he had a good idea of how the 4550 handles, which means he could get the new stickers setup with a good base before shipping them out to me. A few weeks later and the biggest boxes of stickers that I have ever seen arrived. I haven't opened them up yet, but I can only imagine how sweet they will look plastered on my rig.

alh6.googleusercontent.com__zc1dY0nhwFg_VGZst7V8v_I_AAAAAAAAFgY_cvvF2iEUIsE_s800_IMG_5668.JPG

Never missing an opportunity to park my front tire on a rock and take 37 pictures of it, I hit up Devils Playground for their end of the year Rock bash. Gave me a good opportunity to push the PSC steering (having a couple of leaks, return line nut keeps working loose). As usual, we had a great time with great friends and suffered little to no damage after a full day of serious rock posing.

alh4.googleusercontent.com__iV_CfVqaKbM_VKXrDbslBcI_AAAAAAAAFkA_iapP_ZJ6VFk_s800_DPGmall2.JPG

alh5.googleusercontent.com__EDNnbIy3Q4Q_VKXrDDi3j8I_AAAAAAAAFj8_p8O6Euy4JbY_s800_DPGmall3.JPG

Most importantly, since this was a Saturday, I had to make sure everyone at the mall knew exactly how hardcore I was that day. So I did 13 full laps with the trailer in tow around Belk, Hot Topic, and Jamba Juice. I'm pretty sure after lap 9, people started to notice.

alh6.googleusercontent.com__7ujanaEqwUA_VKXrDXp7NuI_AAAAAAAAFkE_z8lOfG3AIxA_s800_DPGmall1.JPG

We had a killer year in the Mall Crawler 4550: Hammers, rally racing, Ultra4 East coast, Dirt Riot, parking deck hot laps, Starbucks drive ins, and Sonic car nights.

alh6.googleusercontent.com__wGSFC_7Egqc_VKXpzQv_IvI_AAAAAAAAFjo_aW_k_Nd2UBE_s800_Trophy3.JPG

Looking forward to an even bigger 2015 of copying real racers and defending my self proclaimed title of "best hair" in Ultra4.

:huggy:

I've noticed, in many of the A list circles that I frequent, that some of my close acquaintances have gone to extreme measures to grab attention. I'm like, sup wit that brah? Why go through such an effort to get people to look at you? Are you that desperate for attention that you would do something purely as an attention grab? For instance, one day Paris was all like "I like totes get it that 99 out of 100 people know who I am, but for that last 3%, maybe I should like put my face on my own shirt?"

ai.imgur.com_7r6NFFP.jpg

On a completely unrelated note, I thought it was time to install some extremely bright daytime running halo lights. :D

alh6.googleusercontent.com__ivMhcAYx0iA_VKXpwKHQwRI_AAAAAAAAFjU_yjI6_hyULa0_s800_Halo3.JPG

alh4.googleusercontent.com__Mp9FN997a_w_VKXpv3BXT1I_AAAAAAAAFjQ_1BKcgS8ble4_s800_Halo1.JPG

alh4.googleusercontent.com__RF5KGuNqX3w_VKXpwGwCkdI_AAAAAAAAFjM_JStqx0wtd48_s800_Halo2.JPG

How's the mall parking lot look like at night with those on? Amazon has some decent prices on them.

Not being at Hammers right now is like totally getting all Goth'ed up, crushing some serious guy-liner, having my bangs set ever so perfectly...... then Mom refusing to let me ride shotgun. No matter how you cut it, it just sucks brah.

as3_ak.buzzfeed.com_static_enhanced_web03_2011_7_19_13_enhanced_buzz_11277_1311098101_24.jpg

That said, I couldn't be more pumped for the guys racing Thursday (and Friday). The coverage has been killer.

So now what?

Now...... we start answering the real questions brah.

Like for instance, what is faster than a flossed out grill?

awww.officialpsds.com_images_thumbs_Paul_Wall_Grill__Glasses_by_TheGame1_aka_Harun_psd15815.png

Or, even better, what crushes the competition better than stacking Role'ies?

ai.dailymail.co.uk_i_pix_2014_07_14_article_2691758_1FA4019800000578_766_634x631.jpg

Simple answer broseph:

Bling.

And if a little bling is fast, well, then a lot of bling must be a game changer. Welcome Fox, you are now mall crawler approved:

alh3.googleusercontent.com__MTMIFx8hqeg_VNJ4zqlS2PI_AAAAAAAAFkad54bdec3661f8dc7aa47b4c19f640ab.jpg

Huge shout out to Chris @ MarsFab, he will be cutting up the latest evolution of poser madness :D.

Speaking of which, zip zap zip and Marsfab has the rear gone:

alh6.googleusercontent.com__GcX_5uPBoas_VNJ4zrHR_gI_AAAAAAAAFk20743634f190dd4ee98beee3138cc89a.jpg

So why not racing koh this year?

Several logistical issues came into play, all of which were recoverable, but the nail in the coffin was some mandatory work meetings that I just couldn't move. End of the day, I was forced to respond to the #realworld and push the #fantasyworld off to the next event. 2015 should still be the busiest race year yet though. I'm eyeing multiple events in at least 4 different series.

So I was having a conversation with Chris at Marsfab and he was explaining why the rear shock geometry needed to be at this angle for maximum speed and why the rear frame section should be cut at that angle to something something and I had to interrupt.. I was like "YO! I hear you, but does it look fast?!"

Chris went on as if something he was saying was important for me to know "blah blah.... the geometry for better.... blah blah"

I was all like "dude, I don't need to know the biology behind it, just make sure it looks faster than the EMC car that whichever Currie is driving."

Marsfab patiently explained that this wasn't biology.... To which I was like "Bro, I watched Breaking Bad, I think I would know".

Again, Chris expressed that Breaking Bad was chemistry, which, like biology, has nothing to do with our current conversation on the 4550 back half and shock placement.

ai.kinja_img.com_gawker_media_image_upload_s__AxYJX2Pg___c_fit271a0772b5df5f5edba314d5260baa65.jpg

Anyway, we worked through it and Marsfab was able to make some progress.

Round one of lower and upper shock mounts:

alh4.googleusercontent.com__x_bY2hVv_o0_VNfQmKOMQuI_AAAAAAAAFld174d33d9e925c16ee3490ae2caa60da.jpg

alh6.googleusercontent.com__fumGIoCSrzc_VNfQlswQ_9I_AAAAAAAAFl197e00d2330ee0f290a08d5af933c2a0.jpg

Mocked up:

alh4.googleusercontent.com__HqdEnWloEmo_VNfQlg7icOI_AAAAAAAAFlb5f0492dee8805026107aa3eee44e0ea.jpg

alh4.googleusercontent.com__lLJjqxjY4V4_VNfQlpFmUmI_AAAAAAAAFlf8894971bc54a533ce96f6f71716f11c.jpg

I stand corrected, apparently "Marsfab" Offroad is not short for Mars Fabulous. But actually stands for Mars Fabrication.

Am I the only person that would make that incorrect assumption?

image.jpg

I was right in the middle of a killer set of barbell curls, you know, one of those stare at yourself, grunt so loud you put ripples in your protein shake kind of sets and I realized something..... I was wearing Under Armor shorts with my Nike tank top. Major fashion faux pas brah. I was so embarrassed, I grabbed my over sized gym bag that I insist on carrying around to each station, picked up my gallon jug of post workout juice, finished writing down each and every rep into my gym notebook, slid my oversized Beats by Dre headphones on and headed out to go change.

acdn3.whatculture.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_01_joseph_gordon_levitt_don_jon.jpg

Fortunately, since every day is upper body day, I'll make up for it tomorrow. But since I had some extra time on my hand, I decided to work with Marsfab on some rear tire-carrier ideas. We went through multiple angles and heights, finally deciding that the slant back look would impress the most soccer moms.

alh3.googleusercontent.com__OZ9aMLz9fKs_VO_Wf2XkqaI_AAAAAAAAFnM_gLLhkOAhu_0_s800_image.jpg

alh6.googleusercontent.com__lF4LC0hqYDs_VO_Wf5q3L8I_AAAAAAAAFnQ_Lnpkj2ZHxVw_s800_image.jpg

I was in need of some inspiration today-

What does someone without an actual talent do when they feel like they need to bring unnecessary attention to themselves?

Whenever I find myself searching for the answers of life's toughest questions, I turn to the expert......... Kim Kardashian.

Kim knows, it's all about that bass, 'bout that bass.

apicture_cdn.wheretoget.it_hb1usf_l_c680x680_white_fashion_styb132e378c19a5638f91a3512a0c21961.jpg

Speaking of that bass, the 4550's rear end is getting finished up.

Tire carrier complete:

alh5.googleusercontent.com__CyNi9qc0fgQ_VPIMig1AZHI_AAAAAAAAFns_keqVc_4qZFI_s800_mfab3.jpg

Marsfab rerouted the exhaust for more clearance:

alh5.googleusercontent.com__STkfdU1Qq2w_VPIMis_0s6I_AAAAAAAAFno_fJMJCx5VZ6k_s800_mfab2.jpg

Full droop:

alh5.googleusercontent.com__gpn_hbqdYbc_VPIMiu8g9NI_AAAAAAAAFnw_EUW3fnUg7vU_s800_mfab1.jpg

Still working on the Swaybar.... That should finish up the rear once it's installed.

So, if there's one thing we all can agree on, it's that every day is upper body day. Enough of this rear end mumbo jumbo brah, its time to muscle up this jeep right.

Let us pause for a moment of clarity and vision........

atnation.t_nation.com_forum_images_auto_r_786x0_9_e__9ea05_ORIG_legs.jpg

acdn.themetapicture.com_media_funny_thin_legs_big_arms_guy_walking.jpg

Yeah....Now I'm feeling it. Time to get jacked on some pre-workout and start cutting up the front of the 4550.

Fenders cut out, probably removed 30lbs of steel:

alh4.googleusercontent.com__gJXv0O96vSg_VPuzCnzmtKI_AAAAAAAAFpo_sAqcIDEH8d8_s817_image.jpg

Working on full droop issues, seeing what is going to need tweaking-

alh4.googleusercontent.com__x2Wnj2IJ3eI_VPuyoE6YRyI_AAAAAAAAFpc_AtTqh__jD98_s664_image.jpg

First shock hoop mock ups starting to come along....

alh6.googleusercontent.com__wTh44NXzbIc_VQMqEJNOfMI_AAAAAAAAFqM_G6YBgyC3s7Y_s800_mfab_2520front1.JPG

Back