Mall Crawling Racer...... #4410

It's only 3 or 4 days... fly in and out of Ontario, 2-hr drive to the lake bed. ;)

It is TOTALLY worth it.

Next year hopefully.... This year is EJS and Jeep Beach. Next year my son will be almost 5 so he will be easier to drag around out there. Now the only hitch would be if my wife is prego again.

We'll be painting like crazy to get it up to mall crawler status before it goes on the trailer to KOH.

Trailer? Not driving it out like a true hero? :D

Like Ponch and Jon.....

alh6.googleusercontent.com__4t8y54DVJOg_UPGsUP8EqmI_AAAAAAAAC3g_3Tfps3OdFwk_s600_copilot1.jpg

Like Oceans Pitt and Clooney.....

alh5.googleusercontent.com__Oq_Gn_Mk_ZI_UPGxjb_ORGI_AAAAAAAAC4A_Hw3hnOtV4hI_s800_copilot4.jpg

Like Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.....

alh3.googleusercontent.com__21s6nJ7BQ8w_UPGxjiVLSHI_AAAAAAAAC4E_FtmsipyDihw_s800_copilot5.jpg

I too must take care of my co-pilot. Death grips and GPS by way of Will @RightSide.
alh5.googleusercontent.com__3ZgszrzsU3k_UPGgOH8_uJI_AAAAAAAAC27ec98c4c46ee72822de8e98ab7552440.jpg

alh3.googleusercontent.com__on72at5mapM_UPGgOvzbdUI_AAAAAAAAC2b07314daf588cf77c82615546bfce867.jpg

Also, rear Currie F9 ready to rock!
alh5.googleusercontent.com__EFXs8YhcGqA_UPGgPf_qVSI_AAAAAAAAC23ebfe320a9ff87f4c02c9341a4e74aa0.jpg

Trailer? Not driving it out like a true hero? :D

Ha! All kidding aside, the goal was to build a rig that I could literally drive from NC to Cali and race. I daily drive this jeep- We take it to the movies, my wife drives it downtown to work, and I race it in ECORS and a few other events. The plan is for nothing to change post KOH (assuming I don't wad it up....)

Getting it there is the easy part, it's hard to drive back boxes of parts!!! Jk

I'm bringing a cross with me in case I have to burry it in the desert. :D

Them there's standard worm drive hose clamps. Even if they were t-bolt clamps, 100% guaranteed to not even hold the weight of the gps after 10 miles of bouncing through desert.

Had to find something to hate on.

the d30 however, is still worthy of some hate.

Brah, maybe you should stick to TJ Max, leave Mall Crawling to the pros ;). No d30 in this thread.

:D

A lot of conclusion jumpers all of the sudden. Tons of updates to come, the jeep is back in my garage, time to strip the whole thing down for cleaning, paint, and wiring.

Them there's standard worm drive hose clamps. Even if they were t-bolt clamps, 100% guaranteed to not even hold the weight of the gps after 10 miles of bouncing through desert.

Had to find something to hate on.
Held my gos for 2 races this season

The airbag will probably break the grab bar off the first time you speedflex on a culvert near the movie theater.

go pros and someones hands are two different things :)

Bruiser, this thread is for how to build the ultimate mall crawler. Please leave all safety, technique, and concerns to build threads for rigs that actually may go offroad. :flipoff2:

Besides, it's a mock up. Moving on.

The jeep is in the garage and now the "dirty" work starts. Everything has to come off or be taken apart. Then the deep clean commenses, followed by intense priming, then show room (ie my garage) painting. Followed by wiring of comm system, pumper, master kill switch and GPS. The firewall will have to be changed so I can fit my tools, shopping bags, and CO2... not quote sure how to attack that yet. Then putting everything back together- my wife and son are out of town this weekend, so the goal is to have it to North Lake Mall by Sunday. Lots of pictures to come.

Nice work so far Jay. But you sure your gonna be ready to go :p. I know were leaving with marc in less then 2 weeks.

Bieber knows it....

acdn.idolator.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_10_bieber_1_500x694.jpg

Backstreet gets it....

astyle.mtv.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_03_backstreet_boys_1.jpg

All white. All in. Tweeners everyone gonna be tap tap tapping on their iphones to get pics.

alh3.googleusercontent.com___KNrPZ0O0rU_UPob1E5IlyI_AAAAAAAAC6s_gWHHcv3XvTk_s800_painting2.jpg

alh6.googleusercontent.com__QJe_ZQOISoo_UPzVEA4R7hI_AAAAAAAAC7151415b19109167b450c49c6cefa50b9.jpg

I don't know what all of the fuss is regarding "race car" building. It seems to me that if you put over 100 zip ties on your rig, you have a race car. I have nearly 300 zip ties on mine, does that make me 3 popped collars cool?

adbagging.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_09_3polos.jpg

Speaking of zip ties: Lowrance, pumper, breather tubes, comm system, master kill switch all wired up.

alh5.googleusercontent.com__4e_cShc9vQU_UPzVEmLyRjI_AAAAAAAAC7k_LK3oR7JUY4Y_s799_1_2520lowrance.jpg

alh4.googleusercontent.com__jnlHF_APFe0_UPzVEn_VUII_AAAAAAAAC7c504481774d8c42494f3830d9116915c.jpg

alh5.googleusercontent.com__2SLhBIduqDo_UPzVDONgzMI_AAAAAAAAC7b5a400a4f9f1f3a1a276fd504814f783.jpg

alh5.googleusercontent.com__1NRVE2Id2gM_UPzVFNEAcxI_AAAAAAAAC7a73a0795f7caefc91ae0d3951c1119ff.jpg

Back