Mall Crawling Racer...... #4410

I was laying out in the sun today working on my base tan for California and couldn't resist the urge for a little pre-running. 70mph went as smooth as a Lohan court appearance. One of the quickest trips to Advance Auto I have made all week.

alh5.googleusercontent.com__zmu1OHpqX7I_UP6_cMGaI9I_AAAAAAAAC8U_x8lOTK4o0Ko_s800_raceprep1.jpg

Still to do:
Decide on which hair gel
Mount CO2
Mount Hi-lift
Cut number plates
Tire shine MTR/Ks
Wash all REDLYNER swag on high heat for extra tight fit
Mount spare tire
Get stickers cut
Get rear reflective tape
Possible re-wire of master kill switch (battery is draining overnight on solenoid)
Mount LII mirror brackets
Mount cameras
Adjust steering

Looks good man ....good luck on the lake bed and remember to get a good base tan b4 u leave the desert sun is a bitch..

It's time to go INCEPTION on this thread. I'mma bout to take you to a much deeper level.
Accessories...... add-ons...... Identifiers.

Now we're really getting dark into the mall crawler persona. At this point it should be clear that a mall crawler is a peacock. We seize every opportunity to say "hey look at me!" "I need attention to justify buying a cool part for my car". It's how we roll, it's like a drug. To the outsider, we may all look the same, but amongst mall crawlers, we have key accessories, or identifiers that let us know who is who and whether or not we are on someone's turf.

For example, some peacocks mall crawlers hold in high regards would be Johnny D (Johnny Depp):
Look at the strategic placement of 17 bracelets, purple glasses, massive key chain, and scarf that hangs just so:
awww4.pictures.gi.stylebistro.com_Johnny_Depp_Scarves_Patterned_Scarf__3Y1uEseMNwl.jpg

Would we have a clue who he was without those key identifiers? Hell no. Fist pump Johnny D.

Or Matty Mac (Mathew McConaughy). Classic. You think a dew rag on a white guy, shirt "accidently" tucked in front, and random carrying of a bongo drum is just by chance? Think again, that's straight mall crawling. Fist pump Matty Mac.

awww.glamboulevard.com_wp_content_uploads_2008_10_mathew_clothing_line.jpg

This brings me to project REDLYNER. Clearly I'm a mall crawler, but who am I?

I am 4550. Get ready for the kick (Inception people, come on!).

Getting the numbers finished:
alh3.googleusercontent.com__0bEViCC8nU0_UQLx_DRYKLI_AAAAAAAAC9497af6cc49835d556f8356fdcd3efa4d.jpg

alh6.googleusercontent.com__Mo67b6kZyJs_UQattEu_yCI_AAAAAAAADAf78858e28ff005342aa7e233b300634b.jpg

alh4.googleusercontent.com__SR7rPgc6OIY_UQatsQ2snqI_AAAAAAAADA4270f59e7a80e1368471226c5e3a584e.jpg

alh3.googleusercontent.com__eTDpMvLqBWE_UQatuIocjsI_AAAAAAAADA2ad749872599e437dbe4b3658edd008f.jpg

alh4.googleusercontent.com__R3Ago56CLM8_UQauXU9MAbI_AAAAAAAADA0fb839f133190c36e7ad9db173a8f051.jpg

alh3.googleusercontent.com__P2QP5bYnKoc_UQauWu0agII_AAAAAAAADA98f67dd9450ad9b45d4b37c61623892f.jpg

did you brace your front axle knuckles? if not have them weld that in cali also..
They are already braced as much as I can get them. Front axle is a Rubi 44 with ARB, Alloy 4.88s, super 44 kit, timken hubs, new ball ball joints, outer C's gusseted, axle tube truss, and Clayton 3 link diff mount (works as a truss too). If a Rubi 44 were to ever survive, hopefully it would be this one.

nice..

you can drive the pin out of the hinge and add the original windshield back with a removable pin.

I still have the full stock windshield for after the race. I'll just unbolt this one and blt the stock one one for daily driving. This, afterall, is literally my daily driver TJ.

I still have the full stock windshield for after the race. I'll just unbolt this one and blt the stock one one for daily driving. This, afterall, is literally my daily driver TJ.

look into removing the pin. wheeling without the windshield is great. just pull 2 pins and set it on the trailer.

I'm $17.84 away from spending more at Advance Auto than on my rear axle for this build. Must.... avoid.... dollar trinkets.... at check out....

alh4.googleusercontent.com__5OYUIRQcETM_UQauXTikOJI_AAAAAAAADA351701f69e8bf8a7cbde1061bf76488b.jpg

Ready for the sidewalks of Beverly Hills! The plan is to mall crawl 90210 until I establish my West Coast street cred, then swing by Johnson Valley to run the EMC, then off to Monterey to park in front of the beach side gift shops. There should be enough foot traffic over there to score some serious MC points.

#FistpumpTupac

One last mall crawler pose before it leaves:

alh3.googleusercontent.com__3D74MPW1IXQ_UQa7UoFaZ1I_AAAAAAAADB5b326240c97c95d3dd96282f1824bc07.jpg

Off to Alabama where Jordan of team 4580 will be hauling it the rest of the way.

alh4.googleusercontent.com__REvI8iSGrXQ_UQa7UGVhWiI_AAAAAAAADBc4b4cc2da8a92ef57958872c8271024b.jpg

Hope u took cover off before towing. If can screw up the paint if you don't

I did a test pull with it and ended up pulling it off.

Speaking of test run, I finally got to open it up through some corners and bumps (speed bumps). Lot's of dialing in will need to be done Monday night/Tuesday morning on the lakebed. I have a rear anti-rock waiting for me out there and about 5 other small jobs waiting to be done that we discovered, but ran out of time to do. Main concerns are death wobble, shock tuning, electrical battery drain when car is off, and body roll.

It wouldn't be fun if it wasn't this stressful. Hahaha

Dang, are you going to put any spacers under your tires? Looks like a lot of weight on the tire guard rail. Good luck out there! :beer:

The jeep is already off the trailer, ready to go on team 4580's tow setup. He is hauling it the rest of the way. :cool:

I dropped it off in Alabama this weekend.

Back