Military Vehicles Thread

Tacoma747

As many of you probably know I got into buying military vehicles a few years back, it is worse than any drugs on the street, very much an addiction. I've bought/sold/traded quite a few trucks over the past few years. 5tons, deuces, HMMWV's, helicopters, tracked armor, tracked amphibious, etc. You name it I've owned it or I'd like to own it!

I'll post pics every once in awhile of stuff I have bought or would like to buy, feel free to post pics of personal vehicles, or anything you think is cool.

I'll start with one that just got dropped off today, M977 HEMTT. I plan to tinker with it a bit in the morning to try to get it running, but it SEEMS the terminal on the starter solenoid may be dirty enough it is not getting a good connection (getting power to it, just not engaging the starter). Uncle Same was nice enough to leave the fuel tank full (guessing about 125 gallons in it), and an almost new set of tires on it. It has a 4500lb capacity crane on the back, weighs around 38k lbs empty. Load capacity is 22k lbs (+ towed load) 8v92 Detroit, massive turbo feeding into a supercharger, rated at 445hp.

Enjoy:
1216150935a_HDR.jpg

^ from my stash of old jeep photos

Wish I could find all my photos of old military vehicles I've once owned...

10-12 humvees
5-7 deuces and 5 tons
5 mutts, one of which was a FAV
M715
And a couple M38a1s and MBs

Last time the interest was Here, I posted some pics from a Veteran, that was looking to sell, due to health. I haven't been by in a while, but never heard of anyone interested. {Charlotte}
He might show you his Machine Gun mounted MB3, but it's Not for sale!

Attachments

• Military  Primm Rd 001.JPG
    Military Primm Rd 001.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 787
  • Military  Primm Rd 002.JPG
    Military Primm Rd 002.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 791
  • Military  Primm Rd 003.JPG
    Military Primm Rd 003.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 770
  • Military  Primm Rd 004.JPG
    Military Primm Rd 004.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 790
Last time the interest was Here, I posted some pics from a Veteran, that was looking to sell, due to health. I haven't been by in a while, but never heard of anyone interested. {Charlotte}
He might show you his Machine Gun mounted MB3, but it's Not for sale!

I bought all three of them!

I have a CUCV :lol:

You buy from the auction sites to fix and sell? Those 8x8 ain't cheap.

I'm casually looking for a deuce that is a good driver, or a m109 box deuce. If you see one, let me know.

I know where a NICE deuce is that I would trust to drive anywhere (has radial tires) that the guy was asking about $7k for. Also have a friend with a M185 (m109 without turbo), he might would sell, guessing price would be about $4000 if he were to sell it

pics from the WW2 reenactment last year in Huntersville and some old crustys on the SW shore of Kauai. they were originally stationed at the air defense base.

You'll drive that till J. Wilhite stops you

Got a tag now! And just so happens he is buddies with the boss man too. Will be taking it up to Oliver's driveshaft next week to park it with a for sale sign, then on to getting the 2nd one ready to go.

pics from the WW2 reenactment last year in Huntersville and some old crustys on the SW shore of Kauai. they were originally stationed at the air defense base.

Damn! I've been to Kauai a couple of times but never saw these! Wish I knew they were there.

Back