Military Vehicles Thread

on the NW shore, up towards the air defense base. A keen eye off to the shore side of the road will reveal some OD green poking out from the palms

FYI there is a military vehicle rally at the Denton Farmpark in April for anyone interested.
yeah Im going back out there (Kauai) in the spring when this is going on. aint that a bitch!

supposedly the guy runs a heavy rigging company that supports the military base installation and he trades some work for these old guys. stacks and stacks of combat wheels. so sad. too expensive to send back to the mainland. BUT they weren't rolled off into the sea- so theres that. I walked around for hours. those are just a few pics. the wife even was ooing and aaaahing at all the tanks and troop carriers. they're damn massive.

you need to come out to the reenactment in H'ville. its pretty badass.

The HEMTT is alive with the sound of Detroit!

IMG_20151230_174417727.jpg

I know where a NICE deuce is that I would trust to drive anywhere (has radial tires) that the guy was asking about $7k for. Also have a friend with a M185 (m109 without turbo), he might would sell, guessing price would be about $4000 if he were to sell it

and these are located where?

I missed out on a great deal on a M109 last year, so I'm still on the hunt.

Paperwork cleared on this one today, guess I will have it picked up sometime this week or next. It is coming from Jacksonville, Florida. It is a MK48 front unit, I already have a rear unit to attach to it (MK15 wrecker body), the only thing that I know of that I am lacking is a driveshaft...

559062_6002_160_0001.jpg

I brought this home back in the fall of 2014, sold it once to a guy and was taking payments, he failed to complete the transaction so I sold it again. Now I can say I have sold something to King Abdullah and the Jordanian Armed Forces. It got picked up today, heading overseas to be in the Royal Military Museum in Amman, Jordan. I hated to let it go but it needed SO much work I knew I'd never get around to fixing it. It is a M50a1 "Ontos", built by Allis Chalmers in the 1950's. Only 297 were ever built so it is by far one of the rarest of all military vehicles.

IMG_20140827_122640_470.jpg
IMG_20160216_110612655.jpg

do you guys know the guy up in Stony Point that has the weasel? and where on Gods green earth can I find some original affordable WW2 combat wheels?????? I bought some $hitty rusty ones just to say I have them, but Im not going to run them.

something ive been wanting to do, just haven't been able to come up with the extra time to mess with it yet. I haven't even been able to get the time to get my cucv back up and running. let a buddies 14yr old son drive it around the tree field 1 weekend, got in it the next day and it had a weird sound trying to crank. was using it to cut wood. once i pulled into prob one of the worst spots to to have to work on it later, it wouldn't start back. can u tell me if its a 12v or 24v starter? like i said, i haven't messed with it yet. was told it had a 12v starter

something ive been wanting to do, just haven't been able to come up with the extra time to mess with it yet. I haven't even been able to get the time to get my cucv back up and running. let a buddies 14yr old son drive it around the tree field 1 weekend, got in it the next day and it had a weird sound trying to crank. was using it to cut wood. once i pulled into prob one of the worst spots to to have to work on it later, it wouldn't start back. can u tell me if its a 12v or 24v starter? like i said, i haven't messed with it yet. was told it had a 12v starter

If it has been converted it might, but factory they are 24v. Might be obvious, but if it has one battery it is 12v. If it has two it is most likely 24v still.

I brought this home back in the fall of 2014, sold it once to a guy and was taking payments, he failed to complete the transaction so I sold it again. Now I can say I have sold something to King Abdullah and the Jordanian Armed Forces. It got picked up today, heading overseas to be in the Royal Military Museum in Amman, Jordan. I hated to let it go but it needed SO much work I knew I'd never get around to fixing it. It is a M50a1 "Ontos", built by Allis Chalmers in the 1950's. Only 297 were ever built so it is by far one of the rarest of all military vehicles.

View attachment 209839 View attachment 209840
I saw that on gumtree the other day stopped just past the rr bridge. Come to think of it, I saw you taking off from the stop sign at Friendship Ledford Rd and Gumtree a few minutes before that in the HEMMT. That thing is bad ass!

image.jpeg
Those old C Trucks (the loader/backhoe) were a never ending maintenance nightmare. They were way under powered and the hydraulics were prone to epic failures which meant your steering went in the shitter as it was one big system. The Army did away with them and replaced them with a newer version that is more of a conventional style backhoe tractor.

Back