Military Vehicles Thread

New toy dropped off today. Played with is for a couple hours pushing some trees over, must say heavy equipment is a lot of fun to play on. My plan is to clear/level some land with it that I have, cut some trails, and then sell it. I have a feeling I am going to have a very hard time letting it go though. Hoping I can find a few odd jobs to do with it to cover some of it's cost so I can justify keeping it.

1988 model, 863 hours. So it has averaged about 30 hours of use per YEAR! Oh how our government just pisses away money...

Case MC1150, has a 5.9 Cummins

IMG_20160624_085638548.jpg

New toy dropped off today. Played with is for a couple hours pushing some trees over, must say heavy equipment is a lot of fun to play on. My plan is to clear/level some land with it that I have, cut some trails, and then sell it. I have a feeling I am going to have a very hard time letting it go though. Hoping I can find a few odd jobs to do with it to cover some of it's cost so I can justify keeping it.

1988 model, 863 hours. So it has averaged about 30 hours of use per YEAR! Oh how our government just pisses away money...

View attachment 221716
You will likely just end up keeping it and adding more to your collection. It's a serious addiction.

Soviet made T-72 owned by the Slovenians now and was in excercise at JMRC (Hohenfels) where I just spent the month as a Observer Coach. Got to drive and spin the turret too hehehe pretty badass experience!!View attachment 222325

That's one of my favorite areas in the world! The city of Amburg has some great restaurants, bars, and breweries in the old walled part of the city. Tons of history and amazing sights within a couple hours of JMRC try to get out and see something.

That's one of my favorite areas in the world! The city of Amburg has some great restaurants, bars, and breweries in the old walled part of the city. Tons of history and amazing sights within a couple hours of JMRC try to get out and see something.

Already came back to the States. After the box was done we went to Nuremberg for the day and experienced the behind the wall there! It is indeed an eye opening experience to be over there and I could have easily spent another week just off exploring on my own!!!

It was a bit of a stretch but I climbed in it and once in there was plenty of leg room for me at 6ft tall. The tracked medical vehicle one is made in Sweden and owned by Ze Germans. That was the coolest one that I saw.

I can't imagine why it didn't make the cut...

From the Hafner Rotabuggy Wikipedia page:

"Although initial tests showed that the Rotabuggy was prone to severe vibration at speeds greater than 45 miles per hour (72 km/h), with improvements the Rotabuggy achieved a flight speed of 70 mph (113 km/h) on 1 February 1944. The last test flight occurred in September 1944, where the unit flew for 10 minutes at an altitude of 400 feet (121.9 m) and a speed of 65 mph (105 km/h), after being released by a Whitley bomber, and was described as "highly satisfactory". However, the introduction of gliders that could carry vehicles (such as the Waco Hadrian and Airspeed Horsa) made the Rotabuggy superfluous and further development was cancelled.[7]"

View attachment 221716

How much bum?? I know you won't keep it and I can put to use :)

Who needs a tracked amphibious cargo carrier? Will haul 6 tons over very rough terrain, or a small lake. If you have the desire to put an engine/transmission in one, get it running, and do a basic restoration on it, then you can HAVE the 2nd one I have (the one pictured). I do have tracks for it they just are not on it. Engine/transmission are still in this one. It is a M548a1

13669046_271933139865238_8629304849924425828_n.jpg

Back